onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cambridge (A) match thread Sep 23rd

Trumpingtonvale

I haven’t been Vale for a couple of years but that was a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon. Ripley is a unit. Cracking save in the first half. Defence was good mostly, Balmer looked the weak link to me. Ar blaster is one hell of a player. Always looking to get the ball moving forward. Chislett another one, great to see. Ojo, what a machine, MoM for me. Solid. Willo ran his ass off. Proper effort, still classy and the closedown of the keeper could have gone anywhere. Keep it up! I can’t blame Sang for the goal, there were 2 CU players running him down. He can’t jump in or the second is away. Tried to hold him up and wait for support. Just didn’t work out,  couple of his runs down the right were Aspin-esque. Massey, I’ll forgive him the missed opportunity, can’t forgive not putting in the same effort as willo. Just seemed legtargic or not sure who to close down. Plant is a good player, Clarke looks tidy apart from the time he lost the ball then the red mist decended he went off closing down and left us exposed. We will win more than we lose playing like that. , 

Advert

14 minutes ago, valiantguy said:

Cracking following that is really. Only been Cambridge away once, that was the day Stoke were relegated from the Premier League, and we lost 5-0, but what a great day!!!! Think Legge and Amoo both scored against us that day

773 to be exact 👏🏻 

5 minutes ago, SFBT said:

Damn. We'll never sign him then. 🤔

I think he's a big part of Sheff United's future but if they didn't want him he would definitely be out of our price range! All we can do is enjoy him for however long we have him.

Him and Ojo is a truly wonderful combination. Wasn't long ago we had to endure Conlon and Pett.

Just got back in. Will read up the thread after this. Really good game of football all round, Cambridge look a really decent side. Thought a draw was a fair result. Their subs made them far better.

Before the game I wasn’t too happy with Balmer starting after his performance Tuesday. Thought he was absolutely shocking again today. Wearing lead boots when going up for headers. Almost gave away a shocking pass back. Could’ve been sent off for a second booking several times. And he kept rushing out and getting done. Right decision to bring him off.

A word on the referee. Absolutely diabolical. Was so biased it was unreal. Gave them everything, and was missing blatant fouls on us. In the phase of play that their pen came from he missed a clear as day foul on Arblaster. Also thought we should’ve had a pen when Arblaster did that great play down our right in the box, and just got taken out after crossing the ball, but would have to see it back. Shocking refereeing. Didn’t affect the result in the end thankfully.

Archived