onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cambridge (A) match thread Sep 23rd

Trumpingtonvale

We could have 8 and have 7 of those out with illness and injury. You'd then be saying that we need 9 or 10. Point is that with the system we play 3 would ordinarily be enough. You cannot legislate for illness and injury. Everybody expected Wilson to be out already. He's been the fit one!

But you have a better chance of a forward being fit the more you have don’t you by the laws of averages that’s how it works

The majority have 4 strikers to cover injury , cup matches , suspensions

Like Joe said Thomas for all his promise hasn’t scored a league goal , Wilson is bucking the trend to stay fit and loft is already injured

Advert

1 hour ago, Mellor! said:

Connor Wickham is still a free agent. Josh Emmanuel is also still a free agent. Not sure why he's still free, but would a great option to have at RWB. Would mean Sang not playing out of position as well. 

I would bring Connor in on a short term deal with a view to extending it in January.

He did amazingly well for Forest Green in this league, so, wonder what he would be like playing for a top side in this division 

2 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Me.

Its funny to watch.

Those 2 goals in a minute in that first half were class and I could not stop laughing.

Then, for the rest of that half, Hull totally took the piss out of them with total possession football

20 new players Stoke have brought in - all foreigners and it showing

Sounds like a Bruno/Smurf experiment 

19 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Me.

Its funny to watch.

Those 2 goals in a minute in that first half were class and I could not stop laughing.

Then, for the rest of that half, Hull totally took the piss out of them with total possession football

They've had Bruno advising them 😂

1 hour ago, The French Connection said:

What annoyed me was that we (Cass) backed off so much that the guy came into a perfect place to put in that cross. Somebody needed to stop the run to our box long before he got there. 

I also initially thought Cass should’ve gone over, but in the end if you watch it back we held off their run ok and sang got back in. Sang should do better to stop the cross, but the ultimate fault is with Iacovitti when he lost his man imo.

2 minutes ago, Powerline said:

I also initially thought Cass should’ve gone over, but in the end if you watch it back we held off their run ok and sang got back in. Sang should do better to stop the cross, but the ultimate fault is with Iacovitti when he lost his man imo.

So, not a good goal to give away, whichever way you look at it. 😩

54 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Me.

Its funny to watch.

On P & G just the manager says they need time to gell......

My ONLY fear now is he gets the sack....🤣🤣

1 hour ago, soothsayer said:

Will have to disagree with you there fella as give me quality over quantity any day. The trouble is I’m not convinced we have either. Wilson’s recent performances shows he deserves his place in the squad  but I’m far from convinced by our other two forwards. 

I agree with quality over quantity but I still think we need 4 forwards, won’t be long before Wilson pulls up. Agree with the other two, Thomas looks a decent option from the bench, I’m not convinced with Loft at this level. 

2 hours ago, Mellor! said:

Connor Wickham is still a free agent. Josh Emmanuel is also still a free agent. Not sure why he's still free, but would a great option to have at RWB. Would mean Sang not playing out of position as well. 

I’d take both. Someone on wonder of you said Wickham had been training with us - so probably bull <ovf censored> 

1 hour ago, Brian Johnson said:

Me.

Its funny to watch.

What makes it even better is them numpties thinking they had won the league after beating the mighty Rotherham. Long may it continue 

Not sure Sang was particularly at fault as he was up challenging for a header on the edge of their penalty area when our attack broke down. Cass consistently backed off while Sang was tracking back. We had 3 players relatively centrally inside the 6 yard box, Smith, Ojo and Lacovitti.  There player came around behind all 3. If Lacovitti had been a metre further to the left no goal. They did transition quickly.

Watching the penalty back Smith took the ball, the man then went over his leg. The ball moved over to our right, the attacker's left before he went over.

31 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

What makes it even better is them numpties thinking they had won the league after beating the mighty Rotherham. Long may it continue 

Massive disappointment that Jimmy wasn't on P&G. He's in love with agent Neil, but for how long? They can also keep their grubby little hands off Crozzer, Blaster and Funso. 

The Lard is beginning to melt 😍

Archived