onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Cambridge (A) match thread Sep 23rd

Trumpingtonvale

Advert

49 minutes ago, Old fort said:

Massive disappointment that Jimmy wasn't on P&G. He's in love with agent Neil, but for how long? They can also keep their grubby little hands off Crozzer, Blaster and Funso. 

The Lard is beginning to melt 😍

A couple at P&G BRAGGED they'd bagged TEN in two games recently......

Sadly, they were reminded BOTH of these were v Rovrum....🤣🤣

1 hour ago, CAVALIER said:

Any idea how close to fitness Jones is? Can't see Croz persevering with Yak if he continues making these errors. 2 in 2 for me. 

Jones has errors in his game tho so i'd be just as worried, at least the Yak gets forward, creates a bit & scores goals. Only thing jones has on him for me his is range of passing & passing in general which could be a weapon 👍🏻 

4 hours ago, vale victory said:

So 2 out of the 3 forwards are out with illness and injury and you would still go with 3 forwards????

You clearly didn’t read my original post!

“Playing one up front I think three would be enough but they need to be fit and good enough and that’s the problem.”

You could have 10 forwards but if they ain’t fit they’ll do you no good.

2 hours ago, CAVALIER said:

Any idea how close to fitness Jones is? Can't see Croz persevering with Yak if he continues making these errors. 2 in 2 for me. 

I kind of agree with this but hoping its  just a tiny blip.

A couple of times against Burton they were getting around him easy enough  with a bit of pace & the ball at their feet.

The same was happening quite a bit yesterday especially in the second half when James Brophy had a cracking 2nd half.

I think Yak gets a little exposed when Plant or Grant push on attack and we have seen team's take a little bit of advantage of that in the past couple of games.

For me their goal was a mixture of poor play by Vale and an excellent run and cross by the Camb player.

When Vale's attack broke down Cass was too far away from the Camb guy, Gordon, and Gordon was allowed to run at pace towards the Vale goal, All Cass can do in that situation is foul him or shepherd him to the by-line, he did neither. Sang got back but both he and Cass didn't get close enough to Gordon to stop the cross coming in, Gordon had time to check back and deliver a superb cross to Ocken...

The Yak was probably doin' a bit of ball watching but the cross was perfect and Ocken... just ran onto it and scored.

Credit where credit is due, some good wing play by Gordon, he was a problem for Vale the second he came on the field.

Great game to watch, two good sides going at it.

1 hour ago, Paul6754 said:

For me their goal was a mixture of poor play by Vale and an excellent run and cross by the Camb player.

When Vale's attack broke down Cass was too far away from the Camb guy, Gordon, and Gordon was allowed to run at pace towards the Vale goal, All Cass can do in that situation is foul him or shepherd him to the by-line, he did neither. Sang got back but both he and Cass didn't get close enough to Gordon to stop the cross coming in, Gordon had time to check back and deliver a superb cross to Ocken...

The Yak was probably doin' a bit of ball watching but the cross was perfect and Ocken... just ran onto it and scored.

Credit where credit is due, some good wing play by Gordon, he was a problem for Vale the second he came on the field.

Great game to watch, two good sides going at it.

That’s how I remember it.  What I’d add is that I felt although Sang struggled a bit initially against Gordon he did get on top and was a threat himself certainly in those last few minutes.  With the ball up their end we could’ve done with another couple of minutes of added time. One of two of their players were out on their feet at the end and we could’ve pinched the win.

Archived