onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bolton (H) match thread - Sep 30th

Fosse69

Advert

7 hours ago, pensioner said:

if there were going to be any restrictions in returning to Federation Road via this road and the Bycars road ...... Total blank gormless look from the Stewards . I could have been speaking fluent greek to em . they had as much idea as a new born babe. Total waste of time they were . 

I heard one at the Crewe game trying to direct away fans to the Hamil. He got corrected by an away fan.

They're a box tick, nothing more. 

It was quite a shock when we played them last season at home, I thought how physical there were compared to league 2 teams. We have to be carefully of all there set pieces ! We need to be a bit better in the air. I would really like us to do these, so hope the lads are well up for it.

Hi guys, what are you expecting on Saturday? It’s true that we have some injuries and suspensions but we’re certainly not down to the “bare bones” as some have commented. Actually other than Santos we’re not really missing much from the first eleven. Jones has to be fair been poor this year so with Forrester proving so good he’ll easily fill in the Right Centre Back role, probably better because he’s been excellent since he came. Toal our Irish signing will comfortably fill in for Santos and the only other miss is Thomason in midfield but Morley will come back in to replace him.

Up front all our strikers are ready, even Charles who just had a painful shoulder so I don’t expect any particular weakness there either so all in all it should be a good game. Do you have a full team and how confident are you of staying in the play off spots? We may not bring quite a full compliment this week due to the flipping train strikes but there will still be a good following. Hopefully the game won’t be ruined by poor refs of which we’ve had a few recently, so let’s look forward to a good tussle and may the best team win. 😉

22 minutes ago, Valiant62 said:

We’re missing a big striker (Loft) but not in bad shape otherwise. Three industrious forwards pegging away at goals for column, we’ve got a mistake in us at the back but worthy of our current position Id say.

Good to hear 62 after your less than impressive start!! Full marks to the players and staff for turning it around so strongly. I think every team has a mistake in them at the back, we certainly do. We struggle most against sides who press us strongly or defend deep because our build from the back style can be really slow but if teams stand off us, as United kids did last night and allow us to move the ball quickly, not many can stay with us. Got to say that young Will Forrester has been excellent so far and he’ll be playing on Saturday so you’ll get a chance to see. We’ve had a bit of a blip last few games, going down to ten men doesn’t help, so we need the points as much as you do. Should be a good hard fought duel.

3 minutes ago, Dan de lyon said:

Good to hear 62 after your less than impressive start!! Full marks to the players and staff for turning it around so strongly. I think every team has a mistake in them at the back, we certainly do. We struggle most against sides who press us strongly or defend deep because our build from the back style can be really slow but if teams stand off us, as United kids did last night and allow us to move the ball quickly, not many can stay with us. Got to say that young Will Forrester has been excellent so far and he’ll be playing on Saturday so you’ll get a chance to see. We’ve had a bit of a blip last few games, going down to ten men doesn’t help, so we need the points as much as you do. Should be a good hard fought duel.

After our performance last night and your 'build from the back' style, Saturday sounds like it's going to be a thriller.  Be good to see Forrester back to see if he's moved on, he was always one for us that I felt had a mistake in him.

2 hours ago, NellyTheValiant said:

After our performance last night and your 'build from the back' style, Saturday sounds like it's going to be a thriller.  Be good to see Forrester back to see if he's moved on, he was always one for us that I felt had a mistake in him.

Made his first start of the season for them last weekend.

2 hours ago, NellyTheValiant said:

He was at the vale against Burton. I passed him on the carpark 

Archived