onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bolton (H) match thread - Sep 30th

Fosse69

Advert

6 minutes ago, gags 64 said:

Sorry for maybe being a little confused but does anyone know if there is access back to Synectics car park from the paddock after the game? I've read the statement from the club about Driveway A being closed before and after the game and I'm none the wiser

Yes as the exits are at the top end near the entrance to the car park...

Nobody will be allowed to head towards the Bycars or dimensions.

Can portaloos not be dropped in for the day? What is it about PVFC that seems to attract enforcement of regulations and rules that seems to be ignored elsewhere? Like Harrogate with a joke away end, and Barrow's excuse for a terrace? Bristol Rovers with a gazebo for a stand? 

I always thought Smurthwaite was made a mug of with that daft fence around the Hamil, both in the price and the need for it. 

This nonsense tomorrow must be costing us thousands in lost sales. 

Can't wait for tomorrow.  I'm planning on getting to Tommy's at around 1ish - couple of sherries and then watch Burslem-Brazil.

Had a tenner on Vale to win and same on Stjoke to lose. 😎

Come on AC - lets put these to the sword and make a statement! #TeamsLikePortVale 

15 minutes ago, smithie said:

Can portaloos not be dropped in for the day? What is it about PVFC that seems to attract enforcement of regulations and rules that seems to be ignored elsewhere? Like Harrogate with a joke away end, and Barrow's excuse for a terrace? Bristol Rovers with a gazebo for a stand? 

I always thought Smurthwaite was made a mug of with that daft fence around the Hamil, both in the price and the need for it. 

This nonsense tomorrow must be costing us thousands in lost sales. 

Not sure it's costing anything unless you are that peed off at not going in the paddock that you stay in the pub.

Hamil won't sell out, Lorne St won't sell out and possibly the stand won't reach capacity.

13 minutes ago, ollyandpatch said:

Not sure it's costing anything unless you are that peed off at not going in the paddock that you stay in the pub.

Hamil won't sell out, Lorne St won't sell out and possibly the stand won't reach capacity.

If the Hamil doesn't sell out with reduced capacity elsewhere that's a really poor show. 

1 hour ago, ollyandpatch said:

Bolton have until 2pm today to get their tickets and have sold just under 2800.

Brilliant following in fairness .

There's  a fair few hours left for people get there tickets for 20 quid adult until midnight tonight with a membership card goes up tomoz to 24 .

24 if haven't got a membership anyway .

I'd be very surprised if we don't get over 7500 Vale fans in for this game .

It usually when play a club who bring a few brings a few hard as nails folk out .

Have we  managed lose fans because of the DC removal thing if so that's bizarre as Andy Crosby has already shown that he is a more than adequate replacement for him, even though I loved DC and never wanted him gone after hearing things he needed a break from the game by the sounds of it so right decision made by them above. 

I hope people back the club and get there coin out and be part of what should be a incredible atmosphere .

Our toughest test of the season for our young sprightly excellent non stop running side .

We can win and will win .

8 hours ago, Warren said:

Living at distance from Burslem I have to plan to get there. So I scan the whole month. Hence I noticed we have 9 games by 31 October. No matter my irritation with the team selected and positions players took up in some cases last Tuesday, we are going to need the whole squad to cope with that. 

I think we have got enough talent to stay in the top half of the league and progress in the cups. But pick up injuries in this period and it will get pretty hard to cope. We seem most vulnerable up front presently, whereas it was our defence and midfield that was struggling in the second half of last season. 

Coming to tomorrow, Bolton have not shown they are better than us to date. We should go out with confidence we can find a way to beat them. If Forrester is playing we absolutely know he's got a mistake in him when pressed!

Interesting about your quote that Forrester has a mistake in him Warren. I suppose you could say that about any player but he’s played 3 times in the league plus pre seasons and been pretty faultless so far. That means he’ll probably slip up tomorrow!! 🥴

We obviously haven’t done as well as you so far because you’re above us but to be fair we should have had the Reading game won by half time then completely slipped up conceding two in the last 12 minutes and similarly at Burton, we gave them a goal then equalised and battered them but couldn’t score. The injuries haven’t helped but I expect us to be back on track now so it should make it a really good game tomorrow

4 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

1 hour ago, Jesse James said:

Yeah think Lorne St will Railway Std will, Hamil needs too, then say Bolton sell 3000 which I believe they will looking at 10000 to 10500 which is acceptable to all things considered

What I do not  understand about our club is the marketing for a game .

I'm on X or twitter or whatever its called and clubs are updating there support on how many tickets have been sold, for a particular match Carlisle do it and so do Cambridge we do not personally if  put out a tweet from the club that we have sold this many so far it might attract someone/lots of someone's  who had no plans go but go wow theres already 10 thousand going tomorrow I want a bit of that .

Build it 

We only have 2 games where teams bring amazing followings this is one of them Derby the other 

I go  for atmosphere build it and hopefully folk come .

Club that is not the support 

1 hour ago, Dan de lyon said:

Interesting about your quote that Forrester has a mistake in him Warren. I suppose you could say that about any player but he’s played 3 times in the league plus pre seasons and been pretty faultless so far. That means he’ll probably slip up tomorrow!! 🥴

We obviously haven’t done as well as you so far because you’re above us but to be fair we should have had the Reading game won by half time then completely slipped up conceding two in the last 12 minutes and similarly at Burton, we gave them a goal then equalised and battered them but couldn’t score. The injuries haven’t helped but I expect us to be back on track now so it should make it a really good game tomorrow

All players have a mistake in them.  The higher you go, the less mistakes they make, Harry McGuire excluded, but the McGuire example shows that some players make more mistakes than others, or rather they’re more noticeable.  Forrester made enough errors that it became a talking point.  He’s still a raw young pro so will only improve.  What I will say is that he chipped in with a couple of goals for us so also has that side of the game in his locker. I wish him all the best and my celebration would be short if he smashed one in the back of your net on Saturday……

Archived