onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bolton (H) match thread - Sep 30th

Fosse69

6 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

Made his first start of the season for them last weekend.

That’s right made his first start last week but has also come on twice in other games as well  and looks a really useful player. He has 3 games now whilst Jones is suspended to prove his worth starting with yourselves on Saturday.

Advert

10 hours ago, Dan de lyon said:

Hi guys, what are you expecting on Saturday? It’s true that we have some injuries and suspensions but we’re certainly not down to the “bare bones” as some have commented. Actually other than Santos we’re not really missing much from the first eleven. Jones has to be fair been poor this year so with Forrester proving so good he’ll easily fill in the Right Centre Back role, probably better because he’s been excellent since he came. Toal our Irish signing will comfortably fill in for Santos and the only other miss is Thomason in midfield but Morley will come back in to replace him.

Up front all our strikers are ready, even Charles who just had a painful shoulder so I don’t expect any particular weakness there either so all in all it should be a good game. Do you have a full team and how confident are you of staying in the play off spots? We may not bring quite a full compliment this week due to the flipping train strikes but there will still be a good following. Hopefully the game won’t be ruined by poor refs of which we’ve had a few recently, so let’s look forward to a good tussle and may the best team win. 😉

Hi Dan 

According to your manager you are mixing and matching players as you are short with injuries and suspension.  Or is he bull shitting us ?  Looking forward to a good open game and may the best team on the day win.

Hope them tickets selling well .

I read if all season ticket holders attend we have sold 11 thousand tickets up to yet that's with Bolton selling out .

How true that is well I'd hope see a packed hamil this weekend .

If not why not 

UTV 

53 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

Hope them tickets selling well .

I read if all season ticket holders attend we have sold 11 thousand tickets up to yet that's with Bolton selling out .

How true that is well I'd hope see a packed hamil this weekend .

If not why not 

UTV 

Way off unfortunately but still time...

According to my 'Mellor' attendance indicator 😉 Bolton still need to shift 400 tickets to sell out, plenty left in the Lorne St and Railway Stand and only 4 sections of the Hamil look busy.

9109 in attendance...

10 hours ago, corbanlovesvale said:

Hi Dan 

According to your manager you are mixing and matching players as you are short with injuries and suspension.  Or is he bull shitting us ?  Looking forward to a good open game and may the best team on the day win.

No, he’s right to a point Corban, but yes he is overplaying it a bit. On Saturday there will really only be two players missing from what we’d consider is our best team, Santos and Jones. Toal is a more than adequate replacement for Santos and Jones has been very poor lately and will be replaced by Will Forrester, who many think should be there anyway after 3 impressive performances. We have no issues up front other than perhaps a sore shoulder for Charles, though he didn’t show much problem last week after painkillers. The issue is the bench if needed because defensively and in midfield we may have a problem if we suffer injuries but other than that we should be pretty much at full strength. Ian’s well known for bullshitting so it’s 50/50 on that I think?

4 hours ago, ollyandpatch said:

Way off unfortunately but still time...

According to my 'Mellor' attendance indicator 😉 Bolton still need to shift 400 tickets to sell out, plenty left in the Lorne St and Railway Stand and only 4 sections of the Hamil look busy.

9109 in attendance...

Cheers fella usually know if tickets are selling well by your posts so as things stand 2900 away followers and Vale have 6500 season ticket holders so by your post no one has brought a ticket whosnot a season ticket holder as I make that 9400 without any further sales .

Say 500 on holiday and do not give it someone else use which is bizarre as kindness costs nothing so give it a family member or in my case ex sister in law if I don't go etc.

Pack the Park and see Devine and Icavettis first home goals of season 

Vale 2 Bolton 0

UTV 

Will Forrester is some games was absolutely superb ,Bolton must have watched him and I thought yes we will go for him but in others he was absolutely terrible .

Get into them Vale nothing lose play as you can and pick the right team

I was hoping that the Burton game would show that we are the real deal, sadly it went <ovf censored> up. We are still a bit blunt up front and struggle to get a cross in and so back to the keeper. I cannot see anything other than a defeat. I hope I am wrong and this comes back to haunt me, I would love that. However.....

Vale 1 Bolton 3

Att: 8,890

Would love to smash these. Bolton are one of those clubs that have a whole bunch of deluded fans who think the club is much bigger than it actually is because of their stint in the Premier League years ago under fat Sam. It's also amusing reading some of the posts about Burslem on their forum, as if Bolton is the British Santorini.

5 minutes ago, jimbo1986 said:

Which is the best pub to go before a game on saturday?

Depends who you support 

If Vale ye olde Crown or the Vine or the New Inn or Saggermakers or Duke William or Park Inn .

If Bolton any up Tunstall which is few miles from ground but a nice walk down nonetheless .

Burslem nor sure if have a fanzone at away end but make sense have one .

Good luck enjoy your drink 

2 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

Depends who you support 

If Vale ye olde Crown or the Vine or the New Inn or Saggermakers or Duke William or Park Inn .

If Bolton any up Tunstall which is few miles from ground but a nice walk down nonetheless .

Burslem nor sure if have a fanzone at away end but make sense have one .

Good luck enjoy your drink 

Im a vale fan but never usually go into burslem beforehand. Theres a few of us going though so making a day of it. 

Cheers for the info

Tricky game, shame for us Santos isn't playing but its certainly winnable.

Bolton have a mixed away record, their only win was at Cheltenham who are in nose dive form, drew with Burton and lost to Reading so that's fairly encouraging reading but we have a dire record bar the 3-6 against these, would be nice to chalk up a win here though and will be a real litmus test of our progress over the summer.

Need to be clinical, I think we will get something here, all be it probably a 1-1.

Archived