onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Bolton (H) match thread - Sep 30th

Fosse69

Advert

No, he’s right to a point Corban, but yes he is overplaying it a bit. On Saturday there will really only be two players missing from what we’d consider is our best team, Santos and Jones. Toal is a more than adequate replacement for Santos and Jones has been very poor lately and will be replaced by Will Forrester, who many think should be there anyway after 3 impressive performances. We have no issues up front other than perhaps a sore shoulder for Charles, though he didn’t show much problem last week after painkillers. The issue is the bench if needed because defensively and in midfield we may have a problem if we suffer injuries but other than that we should be pretty much at full strength. Ian’s well known for bullshitting so it’s 50/50 on that I think?

Off topic but Vale Park is cash free zone.Payments are card only

1 hour ago, saintvaliant said:

With them bringing 3,000 it would be a surprise/disappointing if we don’t break 10k gate.

Should be 12500 there minimum. 

I don't get it myself were 4th in the league with 17 points .

Unless they drop the prices what more can they do (PLAYERS).

Right for someone who comes Vale once a season or less than ten times over the last decade let's go over the home games I've seen so far .

V Reading exciting game penalty save ,winning goal a fluke but overall I felt we deserved it 

V Fleetwood chisletts bent one in like Beckham Thomas finished across tge goalkeeper beautifully and Chisletts headed a superb ball in from Massey and Ripley has had to make two tremendous saves at end for us to win .

V Carlisle first 20 we have got in behind them so often it wasridiculous no one converted any of our dominance ok lucky pen through bad play from there throw in but chislett was there to be fouled and he was.Wilson lovely pen then icavettis play of the season which nearly resulted in goal of the season 

Football is decent the other two home games I've watched while away the Garrity goal deserving win any game v Northampton and the give away defeat v Burton where we were our own worse enemies .

Crewe and Sutton games were OK not as good as league games but not bad either .

So I'd expect a lot more home supporters make a effort go on sat .

25 minutes ago, Devine intervention said:

Should be 12500 there minimum. 

I don't get it myself were 4th in the league with 17 points .

Unless they drop the prices what more can they do (PLAYERS).

Right for someone who comes Vale once a season or less than ten times over the last decade let's go over the home games I've seen so far .

V Reading exciting game penalty save ,winning goal a fluke but overall I felt we deserved it 

V Fleetwood chisletts bent one in like Beckham Thomas finished across tge goalkeeper beautifully and Chisletts headed a superb ball in from Massey and Ripley has had to make two tremendous saves at end for us to win .

V Carlisle first 20 we have got in behind them so often it wasridiculous no one converted any of our dominance ok lucky pen through bad play from there throw in but chislett was there to be fouled and he was.Wilson lovely pen then icavettis play of the season which nearly resulted in goal of the season 

Football is decent the other two home games I've watched while away the Garrity goal deserving win any game v Northampton and the give away defeat v Burton where we were our own worse enemies .

Crewe and Sutton games were OK not as good as league games but not bad either .

So I'd expect a lot more home supporters make a effort go on sat .

10k would be great. Don't think our ever decreasing stadium can hold more than 12500..🙈

If we're at it then there's no reason we can't get something. Bolton have been very up and down so far this season.

They'll have a decent team as their budget dictates but we're pretty good too. Felt like they were physically stronger than us in last season's home game, with Santos a big threat in the air. He's always been terrible against us and has the turning circle of a tanker so I'm often amazed that he gets into team of the season. I think he just stands out because he's big.

Forrester is an odd one. He never really stood out for me and so I was amazed that a team who clearly have ambition for promotion signed him up. He made a few errors and isn't the biggest, so I hope we target him.

Charles is their talisman and so we have to cut the supply to him as he's pretty deadly. They've got some fairly experienced midfielders but I feel like ours are more mobile.

It's going to be interesting. Once our new style clicks and we finish some of the chances, we're going to give someone a drumming. Doubtful it will be in the next 3 games but it would be amazing if we got 5 or 6 points out of the next 3.

It is the only game of the regular football season that I won't REFEREE on a Saturday afternoon. I have split loyalties on this game so a draw is always the result I want. My family originated from Bolton and for many years I had a season ticket until I took up refereeing more seriously. I have never lived in Bolton but I have lived on Shropshire/ Staffordshire border for the past fifty years and many years ago VALE LEGEND BRIAN HORTON lived in our village and VALE became my second team. I have membership at both clubs but due to my refereeing commitments I only usually watch Bolton twice as a season and Vale a minimum of six matches but in a good season up to ten matches. Been twice so far this season one win one loss.

For me Vale are doing really well currently. OK poor performance v BURTON ALBION, but other than that. Incredible what Vale have achieved to date this season. A club the size of PORT VALE have no pressure other than to avoid relegation.

Round Four of the EFL CUP ok Mansfield away is NOT the draw most fans wanted, but Stoke would have loved to have been away to Mansfield. The game is winnable and why not believe. Vale have a good side this season and can give any team a run for their money this season. After Bolton it is Joey Barton's Bristol Rovers away, I would gladly take a point. Wigan were soundly beaten there in Rovers last home league game, followed by League One leaders Portsmouth, again most Vale fans would gladly accept a point and YES POMPEY are currently unbeaten in I think 19 matches. But everyone will lose sooner or later.

UTV

24 minutes ago, Phantom Lord said:

What worries me is we've only ever beaten them 3 times in our whole history - and we've played them a fair few times

It is the players on the field that will decide the result, would we stand a better chance against Man U who we have beaten 10 times but not for 90 years?

Archived