onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Why is it so difficult....

Vale Ball

Don't like moaning about Carol & Co because of all the massive improvements made at the Vale, but it is getting a challenge to actually get to see the lads at Vale Park.

Queuing last night at 7.10pm get in the Hamil puts fans off especially if it's cold and wet which last night it wasn't, said to a bloke behind me about the shambles he was saying he was turned away from the Synectics car park on Saturday even though he has a season ticket, why is it is so complicated ? in the days of cash it was quicker when they had give you change, did away teams like Derby and Sheff Wed queue like we had to last night ? not so bad in good weather but it will put fans of if the weather is bad especially if they are young Kids or older.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

Advert

22 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

Don't like moaning about Carol & Co because of all the massive improvements made at the Vale, but it is getting a challenge to actually get to see the lads at Vale Park.

Queuing last night at 7.10pm get in the Hamil puts fans off especially if it's cold and wet which last night it wasn't, said to a bloke behind me about the shambles he was saying he was turned away from the Synectics car park on Saturday even though he has a season ticket, why is it is so complicated ? in the days of cash it was quicker when they had give you change, did away teams like Derby and Sheff Wed queue like we had to last night ? not so bad in good weather but it will put fans of if the weather is bad especially if they are young Kids or older.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

I didn't think I'd get to my seat in time. Horrendous queues outside Hamil until they opened the gates to let everybody in.

My mate said it was the same at Lorne Street, awful queues etc.

And people say cashless is better - not a VP it's not.

Not Flickers fault, it doesn't touch a ball! But whoever the relevant person i ultimate charge is, they need to explain why the club are finding ti so difficult to allow paying fans to enter the crowd safely and effectively

If the Hamil end is more or less sold out then you really need to open more than 4 out of the 8 turnstiles.

So much basic stuff has been shambolic in these first few home games. I felt for a lot of the stewards last night. I seems like a management issue.

I think Matt Hancock might need to send another mystery shopper down to see for himself if he doesn’t trust his customer feedback. 

This is not a moan, and I actually got in quite easily yesterday, but the fan zone outside the Hamil turnstiles doesn’t help, at times we didn’t know who was queuing to get in, who was queuing for the bar or food and who was just milling around the fan zone.

From what I saw last night all the 6 turnstiles were open.

4,000 divided by 6 x 5 (seconds) comes out at 54 minutes to get 4,000 into the ground.

Santa you say there's 8 turnstiles I didn't see the other 2 not sure where they are but same maths mate 4,000 divided by 8 at 5 seconds per person it still takes 40 minutes.

So if everyone turns up 20 minutes before kick off it's still going to be 20 minutes after kickoff when the last get in.

The answer is to construct more turnstiles?

Hope my maths are right been a long time since I was at school. 

19 minutes ago, andy jones said:

From what I saw last night all the 6 turnstiles were open.

4,000 divided by 6 x 5 (seconds) comes out at 54 minutes to get 4,000 into the ground.

Santa you say there's 8 turnstiles I didn't see the other 2 not sure where they are but same maths mate 4,000 divided by 8 at 5 seconds per person it still takes 40 minutes.

So if everyone turns up 20 minutes before kick off it's still going to be 20 minutes after kickoff when the last get in.

The answer is to construct more turnstiles?

Hope my maths are right been a long time since I was at school. 

You said that you got there at 7.30 last night and you're telling fans that they should get there early in order to get in for kick off........

Many including myself were there long before that, 4 turnstiles open, 2 very long queues, it was only after they decided quite rightly to open additional turnstiles and then the gates that people actually managed to get in for KO.  There was no organisation at all, people queing for access to the FZ and then queing again for the turnstiles.

Why were stewards not directing people and why weren't all the turnstiles opened at the same time, say 7? 

15 minutes ago, NellyTheValiant said:

You said that you got there at 7.30 last night and you're telling fans that they should get there early in order to get in for kick off........

Many including myself were there long before that, 4 turnstiles open, 2 very long queues, it was only after they decided quite rightly to open additional turnstiles and then the gates that people actually managed to get in for KO.  There was no organisation at all, people queing for access to the FZ and then queing again for the turnstiles.

Why were stewards not directing people and why weren't all the turnstiles opened at the same time, say 7? 

Totally agree ALL turnstiles should have been open from an hour before kick off.

Club to Action

The police vehicles need shifting from back of Hamil so that the fanzone can be sited nearer to Hamil Road itself leaving clear access to turnstiles.

Club & Police to Action

Create additional turnstiles it's physically impossible to get 4,000 people through even 8 turnstiles in less than 40 minutes.

Club to Action

Majority of fans still need to realise that with the current situation they will miss kick off if arriving within 30 minutes of kick off.

Fans Decision

What I can't understand is how the electronic turnstiles worked OK last year but are a problem this year??  

Programme problems again last night.  We were in the ground early and my better half went to the kiosk to get a programme.  The lass told him the club weren't doing programmes for evening matches any more.  He said, "That's odd, because we actually proof read it"!!

It's a good job we're doing ok on the pitch.

People are still being very patient and measured in their comments.

It will be carnage once we lose.

Frankly, I'm sick and tired of reading all the same complaints over and over again, with no resolution.

Not at all encouraging.

Archived