onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crewe (H) EFL Cup match thread Aug 29th

Splodger

This is how close away fans can get.

image.thumb.jpeg.6f68dfaaf86fa682ce4be0901971da69.jpeg

In relation to the Gresty Rd creche turning up in two weeks, I'll repost what I said last month. It's obvious what's going to happen eventually otherwise.

On 14/07/2023 at 16:54, Doha said:

Could do with fitting a tall transparent acrylic screen where that black fence is to stop away fans from damaging the screen.

Advert

I’ve struggled to understand why we’ve never really targeted this competition, but we put as much effort as possible into the PJT. Hopefully we can make at least the third round and when we do exit the tournament we’ve made some decent money, especially if we can get a big team or Potteries Derby. If we get out of the PJT and the soonest opportunity it might help with fitness, due to fewer games alone.

21 minutes ago, Doha said:

In relation to the Gresty Rd creche turning up in two weeks, I'll repost what I said last month. It's obvious what's going to happen eventually otherwise.

It’ll have to happen, unless those screens are pretty bulletproof.   We’ll have to have segregation either side of Bycars.  The Morecambe fans were pushed over towards the scoreboard side but I think we’d be better sitting the away fans high up centrally then gradually opening the other rear blocks left and right of the goal as numbers increase, before opening the central lower blocks.  No doubt it’ll be up to the police as much as the club.

Another thought along the lines of  segregation, between Bycars and Lorne Street maybe those lads who’ve stood up in Lorne Street for years, against the wall below the disability stand, may be encouraged to sit more often this season if that small triangular section of seats is still used.

2 hours ago, Doha said:

I would assume it would take something pretty hefty to dent or damage the screen, if you think of the hoardings which Barnsley (and Burton oddly last night) have which are screens it looks the same make up but much larger and take getting smashed with footballs and players falling into them without issue.

Crewe Alex is a good draw. Looking forward to it. Must not take them lightly. Crewe generally try to play football on the deck and may like our newly laid pitch. They seemed to have injury problems that prevented them doing as well last season as they might. We have little to go on this season about where they are competitively. 

Really there was only Everton Leeds or Wolves who tickled my fancy. This is a good opportunity to reach the unheard of 3rd round.  Crewe will think likewise having knocked Sunderland out though. 

Wanted to avoid Lard. Whereas 12 months ago I'd of loved to have drawn them. 

10 hours ago, rsb said:

29th August tuesday night

I've heard from a reliable source that Stoke will be playing on the Tuesday so rather than a Wednesday midweek tie (the police won't allow us to play on the same night with a reasonable away following expected) they're looking at a mid-afternoon KO on Bank Holiday Monday. Carlisle home game likely to be moved to Friday night to give some extra recovery time.

9 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

I've heard from a reliable source that Stoke will be playing on the Tuesday so rather than a Wednesday midweek tie (the police won't allow us to play on the same night with a reasonable away following expected) they're looking at a mid-afternoon KO on Bank Holiday Monday. Carlisle home game likely to be moved to Friday night to give some extra recovery time.

Be astonished at that. 

Lard have Rotherham who will do well take 350.

The other night we were both at home and WBA took 1500. Crewe be lucky get half that .

6 minutes ago, worldsendvalefan said:

It makes a welcome change to get into the second round. Can't recall the last time we made it into the third round or have we ever.

Sent from my SM-A528B using onevalefan mobile app

Might be wrong but I'm sure once we beat both Sheffield clubs. Got to the heady heights of round 3 and drew Scunthorpe away 🤣. Obviously we lost. 

43 minutes ago, worldsendvalefan said:

It makes a welcome change to get into the second round. Can't recall the last time we made it into the third round or have we ever.

Of course we have been to the 3rd round, 1991 we beat Notts County (Top tier at the Time) on away goals then a 2-2 at Liverpool

54 minutes ago, bobbymanc said:

Thanks Bobby. I'm sure your sources won't let you down this time.

1 hour ago, worldsendvalefan said:

Didn’t we play spurs away in the 4th round around 2006? Went to extra time. Edgar Davids played for them. 

10 minutes ago, WV said:

Didn’t we play spurs away in the 4th round around 2006? Went to extra time. Edgar Davids played for them. 

Nov 2006.

I'm sure he's also played against us for Barnet. About 2011? That was weird.

Archived