onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Crewe (H) EFL Cup match thread Aug 29th

Splodger

After queuing get in which in  the end was fine as in 3 mins before kick off here are my thoughts on the game .

First half you gotta say it Crewe  the better side we were too pedestrian in the midfield area and we were really lucky someone blazed over from close range when all he had to do was tap it in .

Icavetti had a header ruled out in that first half .

Now second half once Arblaster come on we were excellent we just kept coming how the ball stayed out of there net was beyond me so many blocks ,excellent defending from the Alex especially when Massey /Wilson joined the fray .

The hamil and CR won Vale that game the noise was tremendous second half and during pens and first half the icavetti song was the only thing I enjoyed about the game .

Here's my assessment of the players .

Ripley 8 in the 90 nothing do but he showed his worth in pens .

Cass 7 Smith 7 Icavetti 7 barely troubled .

Sang 5 never stopped but showed very little 

Walters 6 passed it well second half seemed a bit overrawed first half .

Lowe 5 not quick enough in transition of the football ,very methodical player needed show more for me anyway .

Devine 5 slow starter plenty of energy though can tell he as something 

Thomas 5 didn't really shine v the Alex for me 

Plant 6 never stopped working .

Shorrock 5 worked hard but didn't really shine .

Subs 

Arblaster 9 everything he did was positive 

Massey 8 moved around well maybe should have headed one in before whistle went for pens 

Wilson 8 class how is shot was scrambled out for a corner illnever know 

The hamil brilliant Men /women /children of the match .

Advert

On 01/09/2023 at 14:25, smithie said:

Standing at football IS safe, it doesn't need rail seats or anything else. Problems occur when areas are over-populated and not stewarded correctly. 

People stand at horse racing, pop concerts, Grand Prix etc and that's usually incident-free.

Can't comment on The Grand Prix but I've been to a few bike races. People don't tend to surge at bike races and quite a lot sit on hills rather than stand. Pop concerts the banked areas are for sitting. Standing tends to be in the flat area near to the stage. There is less risk of something happening on the flat than when people surge down a tiered slope.

I don't have a strong opinion on this, I spent about half my life standing to watch football and probably would prefer to stand now. However,  standing at football does present greater risk of things going wrong because its standing on sloping terraces.

Archived