onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (H) EFL Cup match thread Tue Aug 8th

robf

I thought it was time to set this thread up too.

At time of writing Vale are yet to play so the question is:

How will Vale... (bounce back / build on) their (excellent away win / thrilling draw / heavy defeat / narrow loss / opening thriller / dire goalless draw) as they take on Fleetwood on Tuesday. 

And away from the pitch, how will Vale fans cope with a scoreboard that actually works and shows the correct score?

Advert

1 hour ago, philmpv said:
1 hour ago, gags 64 said:
Noticed my tickets don't have a seat number, anyone know if it has been announced that it is unreserved seating ?

Same with mine, even though I specifically picked a seat when buying. Don't think they're expecting many!

Same, that's clearly the way it is given I was trying to buy my season ticket seat and it was just not there. 

This is difficult. Obviously losing would be a big blow so early in the season. But I think we need to be very careful around 3 games in a week and particularly can't overplay Ellis Harrison. So Josh, this is your big chance and probably some of the other younger players too. I guess Fleetwood face exactly the same challenges. 

Ordinarily I tend to put the League Cup low on priorities but after today we need to put in a good performance in this I feel. There should be changes to the lineup not for resting some but there’s a few who I don’t need to see play again any time soon. I found Arblaster and Chislett to look promising so want to see more and Thomas should get a go maybe alongside Willo. I liked the look of Thomas when he came on, made a very nice run the length of the pitch at one point so let’s get him integrated more.

Going to find out about this squad how they respond to what happened today.

This game is now really important.

Crosby has one day with the players before this game. After one of the very worst defeats in club history, how will he react? Everything will be read in to, to a far greater extent than if we'd suffered a routine 2-0 loss today.

Will Cass and Jones be dropped? Will they be given the chance to right their wrongs? Do the players look nervy? Do we change our approach? Are individual mistakes still happening? Has the penny dropped that Massey isn't up to it?

This is the massive problem of today - the psychological impact of the pressure. I have doubts Crosby and Schofield are up to it.

On 04/08/2023 at 12:16, corbanlovesvale said:

I asked about the seating and was told there is no restriction on where you could sit.  So hoppers I will be sitting next to you singing 🤣🤣🤣

Right thats it - Im staying at home 😍😍😍😍

with ear plugs in - I can still flipping hear you on ifollow 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Archived