onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Fleetwood (H) EFL Cup match thread Tue Aug 8th

robf

Advert

1 minute ago, Warren said:

The message i think most supporters are giving is please switch to a back 4. 

Hope we do but I can't see it, Clarke did it in every game and now Crosby doing the same, I commented last year when going through an awful run be nice for Clarke to change things up but he never did and I think Crosby will be the same.  It seems that a back 3 is compulsory for the Vale.

Monday and a new week. Port Vale looked fine for 23 minutes until a gross error in giving the ball away led to a goal. A second gross error left us 2-0 down. Then a systemic collapse occurred which went to the attitude of several players on the field. 

But, although some players in defence need to be dropped, most of these players are much better than that. Plus we have brought in several young and more experienced players I think look useful. So I think it's discipline, organisation and confidence that can put this situation right. Perhaps most of all grow into the game against Fleetwood by not conceding a goal in the first half. Concentrate on getting the defending right even though we are playing at home. If we do that we can win this game 1-0 or 2-0 and everyone feels better. 

The last time I remember enjoying a League Cup game was when we beat Burnley 1-0 at home. They had been relegated from the Premier League but went on to win the Championship and go back up. Hence we can get great results in this competition even if we haven't recently. 

3 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

You could play 10 at the back but if don't want work or challenge for any ball you will still get beat .
Lack of desire keep the ball out of our net and put it in theres .
Players playing like it's a kick around with mates and not putting there bodies on the line .
A captain supposed lead by example if the players are looking at him for inspiration just cause he tends to head the ball from goal kicks more than anyone else and he likes to fight in opponents penalty areas instead of actually getting away from his man and bare minimum make goalie work then no wonder we were a shambles Saturday.when that's all he as to offer .
Let's hope on Tues there's more fight in the players cause without that teams will just steamroll us gamely .

You really can't resist it, can you?

Got the feeling that this game will be fine, and anything vaguely competitive will be seen as an improvement and therefore OK. Expectations have been lowered by the 7-0 so greatly that if we're 20th after 10 games most will probably be content.

I've seen extremely vocally positive fans admit concern over the weekend.

5 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

You could play 10 at the back but if don't want work or challenge for any ball you will still get beat .
Lack of desire keep the ball out of our net and put it in theres .
Players playing like it's a kick around with mates and not putting there bodies on the line .
A captain supposed lead by example if the players are looking at him for inspiration just cause he tends to head the ball from goal kicks more than anyone else and he likes to fight in opponents penalty areas instead of actually getting away from his man and bare minimum make goalie work then no wonder we were a shambles Saturday.when that's all he as to offer .
Let's hope on Tues there's more fight in the players cause without that teams will just steamroll us gamely .

The player you greatly admire was,at fault for the first two goals. You fail to mention that.

5 hours ago, Vale 1971 said:

Love it don’t you. Quite sad that you have to mention him in the majority of your posts, whether justified or not. 

1 hour ago, JoeB2 said:

Got the feeling that this game will be fine, and anything vaguely competitive will be seen as an improvement and therefore OK. Expectations have been lowered by the 7-0 so greatly that if we're 20th after 10 games most will probably be content.

I've seen extremely vocally positive fans admit concern over the weekend.

We are only second bottom!

So you are blaming Smith for Saturday, your man Jones who can ping a ball 40 yrds was blatantly at fault for the first two goals. You fail to mention him or any other player. Since Smith made his debut every manager picks him as a regular. I think their knowledge of football outways your constant whinging. Him who hails to get behind the TEAM every game.

23 hours ago, Bycarsbill said:

An x-rated certificate would be required!

6 hours ago, The French Connection said:

You really can't resist it, can you?

I sincerely hope not! I’ve just had an email from the club to invite me to go and I replied that every person that went should have their ticket and coach travel reimbursed and every player should give every penny of their match fees to charity ; that cost me£35 including travel and match ticket to get stuck in the car park for a lengthy period after being insulted by an extremely poor performing by a completely embarrassing performance 

Archived