onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Colin Garlick leaving

Doha

6 minutes ago, Bobnewtonian said:

Good luck Colin only spoke to you a couple of times but you didn't duck any issues. You did a good job and played a part in us coming out the other side of some very dark days.

Carol was in the the stadium when I got my season ticket sorted and she was busy bossing people getting some new stuff sorted for next season and seemed more enthused than ever.

Club is moving forward and looking to improve. It would help if some fans would ditch this  ridiculous negativity and get on board. We have  the potential for a great little club here but boy did it need dragging out if the dark ages.

A frightening thought but professional football people always say that the supporters get the team they deserve. So get on board with the changes clubs like Brentford, Brighton, and Plymouth have made or spread negative poison and be anti growth. Up to each and everyone of us really. 

Utv.

👏👏

Advert

20 minutes ago, 1 said:

Most news actually boils down to Carol securing our future.

I certainly hope so.But a report including more clear information would have been  better.I suppose that there will be an 'Official club statement' soon on the matter explaining better just what the real situation is 

2 minutes ago, melv said:

I certainly hope so.But a report including more clear information would have been  better.I suppose that there will be an 'Official club statement' soon on the matter explaining better just what the real situation is 

Explaining <ovf censored> what?

10 minutes ago, Packmoor_vale said:

Explaining more about what is happening.Which in turn would clear up any confusion and stop rumours,guesswork flying about.More about what the restructure is (no need to know the exact details as they should remain within) Has Colin decided to step down and retire (which would be understandable).Who is taking over,where else have they worked,what experience do the have?

Explaining more about what is happening.Which in turn would clear up any confusion and stop rumours,guesswork flying about.More about what the restructure is (no need to know the exact details as they should remain within) Has Colin decided to step down and retire (which would be understandable).Who is taking over,where else have they worked,what experience do the have?
'Stop rumours'!

The way that this has been handled isn’t poor - it’s been done with decency. The statement is all about Colin and thanking him for his time at the club, the club absolutely should not overshadow him leaving with any new announcements today. The right thing to do is to follow up with the new plans once people have given CG proper thanks. Which I’m sure the club will do.

Colin has done us proud and has been a fantastic servant for the club, navigating us away from the numpty and on to bigger and better things. It’s a good time to be a valiant now and the future is much brighter than when CG joined us, for which he should always be held in high regard by us valiants. #UTV

1 hour ago, Packmoor_vale said:

It's one thing Carole doesn't seem very good at, communication with the media and fans.  There is the odd major splash but regular updates would be welcomed by all. The way this news has been released begs so many questions, raised here on OVF.  A little more thought could have smoothed this through, instead of all this speculation (which is as understandable as it is predictable). 

47 minutes ago, The French Connection said:

It's one thing Carole doesn't seem very good at, communication with the media and fans.  There is the odd major splash but regular updates would be welcomed by all. The way this news has been released begs so many questions, raised here on OVF.  A little more thought could have smoothed this through, instead of all this speculation (which is as understandable as it is predictable). 

I think she's excellent with the media.

There's no questions only imagined theories by the usual suspects. Mr Garrik will move on and explain his reasoning in the fullness of time and port Vale will march on.

Colin Garlic is 63. I retired last year aged 63. In a demanding professional job I found work was leaving me very tired everyday. But the other factor was change. Of course this happens in all enterprises, but there comes a point when you don't want to participate in the next cycle and feel like it's time to go. Good owners will have the strategic business perspective - is it time for new leadership? The fresh legs approach. All of this may be sudden, but relatively unsurprising and not controversial. When change happens I think it is best to get it over with promptly and not go through a wind down period.

Colin Garlic is 63. I retired last year aged 63. In a demanding professional job I found work was leaving me very tired everyday. But the other factor was change. Of course this happens in all enterprises, but there comes a point when you don't want to participate in the next cycle and feel like it's time to go. Good owners will have the strategic business perspective - is it time for new leadership? The fresh legs approach. All of this may be sudden, but relatively unsurprising and not controversial. When change happens I think it is best to get it over with promptly and not go through a wind down period.
I retired early for exactly the reasons you said.No shame if that was the case and certainly nothing to be secretive about. Interestingly Colin didn't give those reasons and didn't state he was retiring.

If he was just retiring on his own terms then surely he would have done it at the end of the season which is only five weeks away. Also if it was something he was thinking about and spoken to Carol about it then surely someone would have already been at the club shadowing Colin over his last weeks and handing over his role in a timely manner. I retired on my 60th birthday and on my 59th birthday told my boss of my intentions and we then identified my successor and had in situ before I left therefore having a seamless transition.

12 hours ago, The French Connection said:

Few things here:

1) Carol is good with the media when its positive. "Championship ready" etc was a quote that seemed good at the time but has come back to bite her - maybe she's being selective with what media she does?

2) Any football club certainly would not issue a statement based on a post on a fans message board asking for more information on an issue they've made public anyway.

3) "The media" equates to Radio Stoke and The Sentinel. How many other media outlets would realistically cover our Chief Executive leaving?

4) I noticed the new Head of Media was present at the supporters club meeting. This is an appointment which had little if any announcement, so maybe there is more going on behind the scenes than we know?

Archived