onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Accrington Stanley

Fosse69

4 hours ago, Brian Johnson said:

We need everyone's support more than ever on Tuesday, not only just to get out of this bit of a slump that we find ourselves in but also, Tuesday is going to be a very very tough day for DC & his family because it would have been exactly a year to the day since he tragically lost his daughter.

I would love to see all the Vale fans stand up, sing & clap louder than they have ever done before for DC.

Lets make some right noise for DC and his family

Best post iv seen you make - spot on BJ 👍👍👍

Advert

Time to get back to basics, and just get certain players doing what they are good at and no more, so Smith should be in the middle of the back three, Garrity higher up the pitch, I’d also have experienced players starting like Pett, Proctor etc,, if we have to take them off as the game goes on then so be it. We need to start quickly on the front foot with a high tempo, cut out all this slow pointless possession with the keeper & centre backs which keeps costing us when they miss place a simple pass. We also need to be much better from attacking throw ins, free kicks and corners as these have been awful lately. After we have done all this we then just need to hope somebody shows some composure in front of goal!

Team for me would be

Stevens

Cass / Smith / Jones

Worrall / Pett / OJo / Benning   

Garrity / Proctor / Massey or Politic

Certainly not a must win but I do feel because of momentum and our next 4 fixtures that this is a must not lose. 

Need to keep the distance below as a point more or hopefully 3. 

Because of our perilous situation with strikers I almost find it implausible we'll score twice. 

So 1-1 or 1-0 in front of 4863. 

2 minutes ago, Trumpingtonvale said:

Not only on a bad run (worse than ours) but Stanley had two defenders stretchered off and one of their replacements sent off yesterday .  A team playing with no centre forwards  versus one with no central defenders might be a fun watch - it’s got a nil nil written all over it.

No centre forwards v no centre backs - interesting game plan

3 hours ago, valerule4ever said:

Time to get back to basics, and just get certain players doing what they are good at and no more, so Smith should be in the middle of the back three, Garrity higher up the pitch, I’d also have experienced players starting like Pett, Proctor etc,, if we have to take them off as the game goes on then so be it. We need to start quickly on the front foot with a high tempo, cut out all this slow pointless possession with the keeper & centre backs which keeps costing us when they miss place a simple pass. We also need to be much better from attacking throw ins, free kicks and corners as these have been awful lately. After we have done all this we then just need to hope somebody shows some composure in front of goal!

Team for me would be

Stevens

Cass / Smith / Jones

Worrall / Pett / OJo / Benning   

Garrity / Proctor / Massey or Politic

Need to get back to basics and back to 352 soon as! We have no potency with 3 up front. Reminds me of the Askey days with 3 up top. Front three would be too far away from each other. Was only ever 1 up front really. Reckon Harrison might be back for this. Fear that this could be at best a draw with no recognised front two.

Stevens

Cass/Forrester.      Smith.          Jones

Massey.           Garrity.            Ojo.            Wozza

Butters/Conlon

Harrison.           Taylor

Here's hoping!!

3 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Certainly not a must win but I do feel because of momentum and our next 4 fixtures that this is a must not lose. 

Need to keep the distance below as a point more or hopefully 3. 

Because of our perilous situation with strikers I almost find it implausible we'll score twice. 

So 1-1 or 1-0 in front of 4863. 

3-0, 6098

16 hours ago, valeparklife said:

This is the Port Vale benevolent society though.

Having a rough patch of form? Getting heavily beaten in recent weeks? Poor goalscoring run?

Call Port Vale for an easy 3 points and turn your season around!

Totally agree - Vale are never lethal when teams are having a bad run or people say we should easily win this game - we have the better players etc.

It always seems to be Ever giving Vale let the opposition have 3 points as Vale will help you score a couple of goals by our midfield and defenders just ball watching or they give the ball away cheaply and just not mark runners.

With us not having a dedicated striker on the pitch we will not score, as we have all seen over the past few months.  Rock on saturday match when Matty should be available - unless he gets injured training.  

Archived