onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Wycombe Wanderers

Fosse69

10 hours ago, fuzzyvalefan said:

Almost certainly as he seems to be our only fit striker unless Proc is ready for a start.  Would love to them both start together as a front 2 but cant see it myself.

No idea if he’s fully fit, he was subbed off at the weekend.  Either way I wonder if it’ll be a cameo on Saturday, 60 mins from the start or 20 mins off the bench possibly.  Do we throw players straight in?

Advert

I think anyone underestimating this fixture should take a look at the recent form and the quality of opposition faced by Wycombe in the last 2 months.  Last 8 games W5 D2 L2.  The 2 defeats came by the odd goal v Plymouth and Sheff Wed.  Recently demolished Posh 0-3.  So expect a tough game.

Their fans are unhappy with their transfer window and losing their top scorer is a blow but will be a really tough game, as said they are very hard to beat.

We dominated long parts of the reverse fixture and should of won it really but these are generally notorious for the dark arts on the road under Ainsworth.

See if Taylor is ready and what options we have, I would take four points from the 2 home games this week as being a good return.

2 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

I think anyone underestimating this fixture should take a look at the recent form and the quality of opposition faced by Wycombe in the last 2 months.  Last 8 games W5 D2 L2.  The 2 defeats came by the odd goal v Plymouth and Sheff Wed.  Recently demolished Posh 0-3.  So expect a tough game.

Last 8 games 5 2 2 ? 

No Carol Vorderman 😉

I'd go with this side injuries permitted .
Stevens
Cass Smith Donnelly
Worrall Benning
Ojo Jones
Garrity
Taylor Politic
I know we didn't persevere with D Jones as a midfielder but something tells me we should his passing range his superb and commitment to win the ball is excellent and I think you know what he will be need to block off supply to Vokes .
I'd go with Politic I've noticed in past 2 games when substituted our performance levels as a attacking side have nosedived and eventually the other team have had a big say in the games there after change has occured and this excellent player has been withdrawn .
Butterworth to enter fray at some point to keep us on the front foot along with Proctor and hopefully the returning Harrison or Wilson but I still believe it shouldn't be for Politic .

We can win this bit we have to be major positive as a collective if we are I'd expect Politic to net and Garrity .
It's going to tough hope tickets are selling well for our first Saturday home game for a eternity .
I'd expect every Vale fan who can make it to make it .
It goes without saying Gareth Ainsworth is a Vale legend he gave me some of my best moments watching the Vale but come 15.00 sat that all goes out the window we need a positive result .
Defeat is not a option
UTV

2 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Am I the only one that does not rate Dan Jones?

His range of passing is superb when he's not under pressure from the opposition but he makes mistake after mistake in defence

I must admit I’m a bit sceptical on him. The Hollywood passes look great when they come off but medium to long term I see him as at best a squad player. Just my personal opinion but even if he’s back fit I’m going Donnelly over him.

2 hours ago, Guppys left peg said:

I must admit I’m a bit sceptical on him. The Hollywood passes look great when they come off but medium to long term I see him as at best a squad player. Just my personal opinion but even if he’s back fit I’m going Donnelly over him.

I agree.

He looks like Glenn Hoddle when he sprays the passes

1 hour ago, Rockape99 said:

My team for Saturday 

Stevens
Cass Smith Jones 

wozza ojo Ben G Connlon  Donnelly
Taylor Harrison 
I believe Harrison trained .

Donnnely is a LWB by trade 

Harrison wont start - too soon for him to start a match after being away broken - It would probably be Pols starting and with Proc & Massey on the bench to come on.

Wonder if Matty Taylor is fit or broken like some posters are saying from Oxford.  Be nice for him to be fit and open his goal scoring for Vale.

Archived