onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Morecambe Away Jan 21st.Now Feb 21st

ollyandpatch

We usually put in a decent performance in the next game after putting in a shocking one so I expect some improvement. The problem is if we're still without Harrison, Wilson, conlon and proctor then were lacking a goalscorer and some creativity. If we have the team out that played against Peterborough the best we can hope for is a nil nil as I can't see who will score for us.

Advert

This will depend on injuries because with the team we put out last night it doesn't look promising. Since we played them, they have been on a winning run of three games, scoring 9 and conceding one. Looks easy on paper but it will be a real test for us.

They look strong in midfield where Weir, who I thought had a cracking game at Vale Park, has scored 8 and have just signed Danny Crowley, ex-B'ham City and Willem 11, who plays wide or at No 10.

https://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/sport/football/morecambe-move-for-former-aston-villa-and-arsenal-youngster-3980808

OK if no new signings before sat I'd try this side .
Stevens
Forrester Smith Jones
Worrall Plant
Pett Ojo
Garrity
Mcdermott Mipo .
Garrity and Mcdermott can inter change positions throughout the 90 .
Let's have some life in the performance .
Think Butterworths a good player but wasn't involved in anything positive last night Benning goes out the side and needs understand we ain't going win games with negative positioning and not go for it football
Cass I thought he did well first half it's hard see from Railway stand to the bycars to the away end opposition attacking the hamil so no idea if he was at fault for either of there goals the second was offside alledgedly so if he stays in that's fine .
Plant and Mcdermott come in to bring youthful exuberance to the side .
If you good enough you old enough .
Ojo comes in I believe he had a shot saved last night was already in car on way home but that's a positive .
Up front I'd go with Garrity and Mcdermott with Massey or Mipo if no new player arrives in time .
We are a good side shame we didn't show it last night but we usually win 1 lose 1 so we due a win .
Going be tough but with a few changes anything is possible .
The fact that close to 1000 going tells you all you need know.
Our support is class so give them something shout about .
UTV

Guys I'm in need of filling 5more spaces on the coach for the Morecombe game. Let's get the word out and fill them so I can offer a reliable service moving forward. Thanks Jill at the grapes Newchapel..
Just sharing for lady at tge grapes in Newchapel near Kidsgrove if folk don't know where it's at UTV

8 hours ago, Mellor! said:

Weird, ollyandpatch is normally spot on with his attendance figures...

And no sarcastic emoji's !!  You feeling OK. 😀.

The standing figures I get from the shop and anybody can see what seats have sold but they seem to adding more seats available each day when they were greyed out previously ?  

Might have a crack at the Derby attendance ! 😇🤣

No undersoil heating at Morecambe.
Another tues night moved game I would guess if its same up there as here .
Shame for folk who have paid for weekend away etc or coaches or booked some time off go .
Lady at the grapes has had to cancel coach as needed 5 more before yesterday's deadline .
Be off for sure
I wonder if, as has been widely discussed, when we rip the pitch up at the end of the season we will be installing undersoil heating?

I get that it's extra cost but seems like an essential in the modern era and would be daft to pull the pitch up twice to install it at a later date.

I wonder if, as has been widely discussed, when we rip the pitch up at the end of the season we will be installing undersoil heating?

I get that it's extra cost but seems like an essential in the modern era and would be daft to pull the pitch up twice to install it at a later date.
Would it be economic to run it with the electricity costs as they are now? Seem to remember £20k being mentioned. Maybe someone can confirm or correct me?

Would it be economic to run it with the electricity costs as they are now? Seem to remember £20k being mentioned. Maybe someone can confirm or correct me?
good point, I guess that it would only be needed for maybe 4/5 games a season. The club would need too weigh up the cost of those games getting postponed against the cost of running the heater over night.

1 hour ago, Breadwinner said:

No undersoil heating at Morecambe.
Another tues night moved game I would guess if its same up there as here .
Shame for folk who have paid for weekend away etc or coaches or booked some time off go .
Lady at the grapes has had to cancel coach as needed 5 more before yesterday's deadline .
Be off for sure

Just to be clear, as I type this the coach from the Grapes has NOT been cancelled.  Not sure if they’ve filled the spare 5 seats so anyone needing coach travel should give the Grapes a call asap.  Details are higher up in this thread I think.

Archived