onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Dan Jones.

ollyandpatch

How has a mediocre bit part player  who spent most of last season practicing long throws when not on the treatment table suddenly turned into Maldini? 

Absolutely brilliant last night and he seems to be improving with every game, For those that doubted DC...

Doubt no more. !!  Keep proving us wrong Dan...

Advert

How has a mediocre bit part player  who spent most of last season practicing long throws when not on the treatment table suddenly turned into Maldini? 
Absolutely brilliant last night and he seems to be improving with every game, For those that doubted DC...
Doubt no more. !!  Keep proving us wrong Dan...
He was my contender for player of the season after the first 3-4 months of last season so think it's a bit harsh to label him as being mediocre. Couple of poor games in December and the signing of Hall meant he barely had another chance last season

Brilliant player .
Keep it going DJones .
Since moving to the centre has being excellent mind you was playing well on the left side of 3 like Hall there though .
Smith Jones and Hall are growing by the game all excellent how much that is down DJones vocally as well as positionally tells me that the lads doing a smashing job .
Keep up the good work DJ .
That ball last night for second goal was outstanding .
In fact I've only seen Hall Benning and Politic play together twice v Barnsley and Plymouth and them already all have chemistry .
Moving Djones to the main centre half is for me great management .
His performances have been magnificent .
UTV

Very late getting back last night, back in the house at 3.15am after the M6 yet again being shut between 7 - 10 this time.  It was worth it with the best performance I have seen from a Vale team in a long time.  I thought Jones, Hall and Smith were magnificent and Smith and Jones getting better every week, been critical of Smith in the past but he has been a rock and could play at a higher level, hopefully with us.  Last night there was no one that was anything less than a 7 out of 10.  We are 2 points off the play offs, would have taken survival before a ball was kicked.  I genuinely believe after seeing every game apart from Peterborough, we are capable of finishing top 10 and with maybe a couple of additions, goalkeeper, midfielder and another striker, we could even possibly challeng for a play-off spot.

Smith and Jones,  now there's a blast from the past! 

Jones has been excellent.  I, like Phil, had him down as a top player for us and one the most shrewd signings for years until December.

I thought he'd be off before the end of August but he has absolutely played himself back in.  In fact he's a nailed on starter now.

Must be a great lad to be fair with the right attitude.

Was supposed to post the above on the match thread but anyway Dan Jones, what a player and deserves his own thread, someone who looked to be on his way is now one of the first names on the sheet and I am sure we are going to score before long from one of the throw ins, what a great asset to have.

I said right from the start, when i first saw DJ, keep him fit, find his best position, and we have a decent player, first couple of months last season he was very good, until the sending off at Newport, Hall came in and claimed his spot, DJ then injured and couldn't get back in.. Move on to this season, he gets himself fit comes back into the team, and he's been outstanding (long may it continue).. His heading, tackling and passing have all improved massively, so all credit to the coaching team and to DJ himself..

Smith and Jones,  now there's a blast from the past! 
Jones has been excellent.  I, like Phil, had him down as a top player for us and one the most shrewd signings for years until December.
I thought he'd be off before the end of August but he has absolutely played himself back in.  In fact he's a nailed on starter now.
Must be a great lad to be fair with the right attitude.

They need an alias…

Jones has been excellent. Last season he got injured and was lost to the team second half of the season. He was pretty good defensively, could play long cross field passes with about 50% accuracy and had a long throw. It looks like he has been coached magnificently and he's turned into an exceptional L1 defender at CCH and LCH and LB. His passing accuracy is much higher and error rate much lower. Credit to him for improving and to the coaching. 

Wonderful player - i've always been a huge fan.

There was a guy on Facebook a few weeks ago saying he was sh!t - i think I might go and check out his previous post and embarrass him a bit more.

Contender for player of the season this year for me.  Brilliant

19 hours ago, valefan79 said:

Very late getting back last night, back in the house at 3.15am after the M6 yet again being shut between 7 - 10 this time.  It was worth it with the best performance I have seen from a Vale team in a long time.  I thought Jones, Hall and Smith were magnificent and Smith and Jones getting better every week, been critical of Smith in the past but he has been a rock and could play at a higher level, hopefully with us.  Last night there was no one that was anything less than a 7 out of 10.  We are 2 points off the play offs, would have taken survival before a ball was kicked.  I genuinely believe after seeing every game apart from Peterborough, we are capable of finishing top 10 and with maybe a couple of additions, goalkeeper, midfielder and another striker, we could even possibly challeng for a play-off spot.

great☺️ effort pal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Certainly has the ability, just needs to add consistency. Let's hope he can do that over the second half of the season!
Do you not think that he is already? For me, he's been our most consistently good performer since he got back into the side. Only Smith, I think, can say the same. The rest have all thrown in at least 1 stinker, but I don't think you can say that of Jones

Archived