onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Burton Albion v Port Vale

Fosse69

32 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Just home after giving it large in Tutbury on the Guinness and Sambuca .

Great day out. First half so so. Second half mullered them.

And heres me big advocate of Keilor-Dunn,  he was utter utter <ovf censored>, looking like he'd never played football before. 

Excellent day out 

Guinness and Sambuca - now there's a strike force to aspire to 🥰

Advert

2 hours ago, Hitcher said:

Agree with all of this.

Crosby made a good point in his post match about MK Dons game that only 3 of the starting 11 played in our last game of last season.

When todays line up was announced it just had such a strong core of last seasons team i almost felt nostalgic.

On Harrison i really hope it's going to be another one of those right player right manager scenarios. Arguably that's happened with Wilson and we got him thriving. Really encouraged by Harrison so far. He's had some big transfer fees in the past and still at a good age. Clearly the alure of working with DC again is paying off. Will this happen with Holden too when he gets his fitness back and isn't forced to play out of necessity?

Anyway UTV!

Wozza Smith Hall Pett Garrity 

I made that 5... 

Is Crosby referring to Mansfield or Exeter?

7 hours ago, DazFred said:

Wozza Smith Hall Pett Garrity 

I made that 5... 

Is Crosby referring to Mansfield or Exeter?

He was talking about mk dons game so smith hall and garrity.

It's a good point that just an extra 2 more likely starters from last season in the burton game. It was probably a squad with a much higher number of vale appeareances in general though.

He did also appear to make the chance with his running for the first. I have only seen the YouTube highlights but I mean that was what made him so important last year.

Garrity has had a few bad games .. with every other player

Yesterday he was superb , and he was man of the match against Bolton

He will get 10 goals this season due to his work rate and guile

Hard to find these days and I can’t believe he has been written off by some

Some wanted conlon benched yesterday , he’s also now starting to find some form

Unfortunately football has become very much like society for some fans. No patience , wanting instant results . Life / football isn’t that simple , especially for a club just promoted and with a sensible budget

54 minutes ago, dazzerjames said:

Garrity has had a few bad games .. with every other player

Yesterday he was superb , and he was man of the match against Bolton

He will get 10 goals this season due to his work rate and guile

Hard to find these days and I can’t believe he has been written off by some

Some wanted conlon benched yesterday , he’s also now starting to find some form

Unfortunately football has become very much like society for some fans. No patience , wanting instant results . Life / football isn’t that simple , especially for a club just promoted and with a sensible budget

There is a need for the whole team to play well at the highest level of performance possible. If the WBs play well then the midfield has more space etc. If the midfield and the WBs play well then the forward players get more chances. There is justification in criticising the performance at MK Dons. Infuriatingly we lost to a team that created two chances, both from outside the box, and we failed to be effective ourselves resulting in a very poor game.

But this is all over with. Let's see how they go against Portsmouth. Overall I can whine about performances in some games, but I think I am objectively satisfied with where we are in the table given the need to sign new players, overcome injuries and play some difficult fixtures in August. 

At the end of the MK Dons game, having played in a soulless stadium and lost, there was a monsoon that saturated the fans leaving. This may have made feedback worse than normal on the way home etc. 

Well done yesterday. 

Just home after giving it large in Tutbury on the Guinness and Sambuca .
Great day out. First half so so. Second half mullered them.
And heres me big advocate of Keilor-Dunn,  he was utter utter , looking like he'd never played football before. 
Excellent day out 

Some of the top Prophet of Doom scouts identified Keillor-Dunn as one we've missed out on.

12 hours ago, Powerline said:

Interesting comments from their manager who noted our changes and how they couldn’t make that many changes due to squad depth. He obviously felt our ability to bring in so many fresh players was a benefit to us.

Yes, strength in depth will definitely benefit us, but I think his comments were aimed at his own directors/fans (possibly a veiled parting shot) - bemoaning the fact that a club just promoted from the bottom tier are clearly being supported by their directors far more than his own club and that may be part of their undoing.

Archived