onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

New Away Kit?

If the image is actually of one of the kits then, prior to being posted on here, it’s already out there, freely available in the wild, and the club should simply get their presentation up on their various social media outlets.
Right there mate, season starts 2 weeks Saturday, what happened to kits being out for Father's Day? For all the improvements made, this never seems change

Advert

8 minutes ago, Dunnawerrit said:
On 04/07/2022 at 11:37, Guitar Ray said:
If the image is actually of one of the kits then, prior to being posted on here, it’s already out there, freely available in the wild, and the club should simply get their presentation up on their various social media outlets.

Right there mate, season starts 2 weeks Saturday, what happened to kits being out for Father's Day? For all the improvements made, this never seems change

Think this is because of covid this year. Load of clubs still haven't released their kits, huge issues with supply chains etc. But yes, I agree that is seems a bit weird, leaving the away kit reveal, to coincide with the first game of the season. especially as it seems they just have it lying around...

I can understand Carol's frustration but we have to get better with the timings re the kit releases. I genuinely can't remember the last time we had a kit out & ready before Fathers Day.

You're missing Fathers Day & all the people who'd love to get a new shirt to take away on holiday with them over the summer.

The neighbours had all 3 of theirs out within 2 days, about a month ago. In the shop, ready to go.

Maybe it's Errea... do we look at moving on to somebody new? I think you get more say in the design with the less mainstream brands, but maybe it's time to switch it up. Macron have got some great kits this year & I also like the Castore branded kits. 

Will look forward to the actual away kit release either way. If the leaked picture is anything to go by,  I will be purchasing it without a doubt & I think they'll sell loads.

6 hours ago, Iron Curtain said:

I have to say I agree with Carol here

So - instead of a "mock outrage brigade" there is your proof of the damage done by that pissy and petty act! A little trust lost by the best owners we've ever had, just because some tosspot though they were being clever? 

17 hours ago, ValeForever. said:

I can understand Carol's frustration but we have to get better with the timings re the kit releases. I genuinely can't remember the last time we had a kit out & ready before Fathers Day.

You're missing Fathers Day & all the people who'd love to get a new shirt to take away on holiday with them over the summer.

The neighbours had all 3 of theirs out within 2 days, about a month ago. In the shop, ready to go.

Maybe it's Errea... do we look at moving on to somebody new? I think you get more say in the design with the less mainstream brands, but maybe it's time to switch it up. Macron have got some great kits this year & I also like the Castore branded kits. 

Will look forward to the actual away kit release either way. If the leaked picture is anything to go by,  I will be purchasing it without a doubt & I think they'll sell loads.

Castore stuff is very expensive and they have tended to supply only the big clubs. Macron quality is dreadful. Errea far superior. 

The only kit brand I’d really like would be Kappa. They do great training gear too. Was it Salford or FGR who were sponsored by them last season? 

Nike/Adidas just do templates at our level. Umbro still do some nice stuff but again tend to go for the bigger clubs. 

Listening to the excellent podcast Carol said they had a supply of kits in store but they didn't want to do the official release until every size was available, as she didn't want to disappoint anyone.

That's how thoughtful our owner is.

Shame not all fans can show Carol the same thoughtfulness and courtesy.

8 hours ago, andy jones said:

Listening to the excellent podcast Carol said they had a supply of kits in store but they didn't want to do the official release until every size was available, as she didn't want to disappoint anyone.

That's how thoughtful our owner is.

Shame not all fans can show Carol the same thoughtfulness and courtesy.

Whilst what you say is correct, unfortunately we’re not all built the same.  If the shirts are somewhere that someone can take a photo then someone inevitably will take a photo, and share it, because that’s the first reaction for many folk these days.  If you get knocked down by a bus you’re more likely to be surrounded by people filming the event rather than actually helping nowadays.

Anyway in my own view it’s a bit of a storm in a tea cup.  Most fans still won’t have seen the away kit and the ones that have will still buy one if they like it.

Other than stealing the clubs thunder I doubt that a leaked photo would affect sales. Fans will decide to buy it based off proper photos and seeing the real thing. It’s just trumped the clubs release strategy a bit.

As someone said earlier it would be just as well for the club to get their own promo material out more quickly in that instance. I think I’m right in saying we’ve heard nothing official about the away kit anyway yet have we? 

There’s little that can be done about it in this day and age with people wanting to have the first scoop on news and info. 

One other thought, as this “leak” has actually got sections of the fan base talking about the new kit, you could argue that a bit of publicity prior to any official launch isn’t necessarily a bad thing.  Just to reiterate, I’m not condoning the leak and fully agree with Carols comments from a breach of trust perspective.

5 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

One other thought, as this “leak” has actually got sections of the fan base talking about the new kit, you could argue that a bit of publicity prior to any official launch isn’t necessarily a bad thing.  Just to reiterate, I’m not condoning and fully agree with Carols comments from a breach of trust perspective.

I think that’s a reasonable point to make. I haven’t seen the image myself though the feedback so far has been almost uniformly positive so am looking forward to the reveal. It’s a shame that for the sake of a few Instagram / Twitter likes someone has decided to disrespect what Carol et al would have liked and leaked the image but that’s the world we live in now.

Hope for whoever’s sake it is they’re not a club employee as think they might be looking for alternative employment if caught.

I can remember the Harlequin kit launch that was a shirt on a mannequin!

Our media team kit launches are a million times slicker, more imaginative and 'sexier' than the <ovf censored>

So what a great own goal that 'fan' scored against the club we love by their actions.

Never mind the people in the media team who may well have spent time creating a phased launch.

Clearly this fan would prefer to go back to a Harlequin style shirt on a dummy.

On 10/07/2022 at 18:54, Dunnawerrit said:
On 04/07/2022 at 10:37, Guitar Ray said:

Agree. I know there are supply issues but the summer long delay and then last minute kit release routine seems to happen year on year and is pretty poor in all honesty.

Archived