Jump to content

Match Thread: Leyton Orient v Port Vale


Fosse69

Recommended Posts

Two teams lacking in confidence, both last won in the league on the 7th of December. Orient beat Swindle 4-1 at home, Vale 2-1 at Bristol R seems a long time ago.  Orient have not played in the league since 18th Dec, so whether rusty or not is for the Vale to test with 2 recent games under our belts. Avoiding game changing errors must be on DC`s mind, as with injuries, settling new players in, etc. Wilson to start and a playmaker from somewhere? Strangely I expect to win to avoid a 4th successive league defeat, sometimes easier to play away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

stick him in the mix, no questions asked. He'll get back into form.

If have to play 5 at the back;

                     Stone

Gibbo Smith Hall Jones Hussey

            Garrity Walker 

   Woz                         Amoo

                 Wilson

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Fosse69 said:

Two teams lacking in confidence, both last won in the league on the 7th of December. Orient beat Swindle 4-1 at home, Vale 2-1 at Bristol R seems a long time ago.  Orient have not played in the league since 18th Dec, so whether rusty or not is for the Vale to test with 2 recent games under our belts. Avoiding game changing errors must be on DC`s mind, as with injuries, settling new players in, etc. Wilson to start and a playmaker from somewhere? Strangely I expect to win to avoid a 4th successive league defeat, sometimes easier to play away.

Nice summary.

A season that looked to be going in the right direction has been thrown up in the air these last few weeks.

Let's hope it settles down soon, and we find that winning formula again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stone

Cass Hall Jones

Gibbons Pett Garrity Hussey

Worrall Wilson New Winger

 

Imo we still need a centre half, a creative CM, a winger, and forward with some experience under his belt.

 

Edited by Joe B
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd be trying to sure us up. In the formation, personnel and how we approach the game.

For me: 532

Stone

Smith.       Hall.         Jones

Gibbo.          Pett.          Walker.         Garrity.        Hussey

Harratt.          Wilson/Henderson

Obviously controversial not to have Wozza in but would play more defensive minded players as wing back BUT also knowing that Hussey and Gibbo can get forward.

I would take a point. We need something to build on. May be sneak a win from a quick break or set piece.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

I'd be trying to sure us up. In the formation, personnel and how we approach the game.

For me: 532

Stone

Smith.       Hall.         Jones

Gibbo.          Pett.          Walker.         Garrity.        Hussey

Harratt.          Wilson/Henderson

Obviously controversial not to have Wozza in but would play more defensive minded players as wing back BUT also knowing that Hussey and Gibbo can get forward.

I would take a point. We need something to build on. May be sneak a win from a quick break or set piece.

Cass at RCB for his forward runs.

Him and Gibbo would be a class combination, and probably complement each other well.

Otherwise, the same as you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

I'd be trying to sure us up. In the formation, personnel and how we approach the game.

For me: 532

Stone

Smith.       Hall.         Jones

Gibbo.          Pett.          Walker.         Garrity.        Hussey

Harratt.          Wilson/Henderson

Obviously controversial not to have Wozza in but would play more defensive minded players as wing back BUT also knowing that Hussey and Gibbo can get forward.

I would take a point. We need something to build on. May be sneak a win from a quick break or set piece.

henderson?????????? do you mean edmundson?😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's safe to say we have missed Jones since his ban we have lost every game  when he was having a sticky patch was he really we were hardly losing in he comes for sure .

   Stone 

Cass Hall Jones 

Gibbons          Worrall 

      Walker Pett Garrity 

      Amoo Harratt 

Second half Amoo off Hussey on play Garrity off Harratt and if you have to bring Wilson on at some point  .

Think Hussey could play in a midfield role I'd always want push Garrity as high as possible a impact player on for Worrall aswell as he seems to lose his way in games we cannot afford him too he needs put same level of high performance both halfs mind you could say that about a lot of them .

UTV 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Joe B said:

Stone

Cass Hall Jones

Gibbons Pett Garrity Hussey

Worrall Wilson New Winger

 

Imo we still need a centre half, a creative CM, a winger, and forward with some experience under his belt.

 

and a goalie who isnt mental!😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The French Connection said:

For all those who have faith and like a flutter, now will be the time to have a bet on Vale getting promoted. 

Yes £10 on 1/100 will give you a ... £0 return

jokes, I still think we’ll pull it together but we can’t let the transfer window shut without 3 quality signings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Treat this like the start of the season and a fresh start. Top the league in this half and that’s good for a playoff finish at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Smith, I really do but do people genuinely believe he can play either RCB or LCB? The bloke can’t play football at all. We need Cass and Jones back either side of Hall or Smith. All of our good play came from Cass and Jones in September/October, so I’d be doing what I can to get them back in. 

I’d go 

                   Stone

           Cass Hall Jones 

Gibbo Garrity Walker Pett Hussey

           Wilson     Harratt

 

          

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Admin don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking. Please report posts and we'll act on ASAP. If you're logged in use the orange report post button. If you're not logged in, please use the contact form

    If you can't get on with another user you can "ignore" them. Follow the link, type in their username and save - Click here

    Check with admin if you wish to sell/auction any items. We're happy to support good causes but check first - Contact us here

  • Friends of OVF




×
×
  • Create New...