Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

8 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

With the speculation surrounding Rodders, why do fans think any potential move would be permanent?  Wouldn’t a loan be more likely?

I think Clarke might be looking to sell. Or DF for that matter. As with Johnson every player is dispensable.

Lots of theories why he's been anonymous this season.  Had a huge opportunity to get the ground chanting his name as he barged an opponent over before smashing it past the keeper. Cult hero. But it just hasn't happened. 

Might be in the interest of both parties with the caveat of a sell on clause just in case . 

Advert:

Advert:

1 hour ago, ollyandpatch said:

Without this seeming harsh on Leon, It doesn't look a straight swap in my eyes, I would imagine a bit of money is heading to Yorkshire....

Not a swap at all according to the article, 2 separate deals so it says

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, leedsvaliant said:

Valiant_593 gets a bit precious over his beloved vaccines. He won't have a bad word said about them.

Having said that, I do agree that perhaps personal opinions should be kept off social media for fear of offending the permanently offended.

LV never loses an opportunity to spread his Covid message, week after week nothing to worry about, don’t believe the scientists just believe LVs twisted logic. He drowns the Coronavirus thread, now he is moving to this thread 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Advert:

10 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Never in my life have i seen vale take other teams at our level best players during the season. This presentation weve got must be seriously good

Why have we signed Luke Armstrong as well 🤔

This pandemic has done strange things to a lot of people, potentially Leon included. I know it has to me at times. Unfortunately strangest of all, it's created this idea that you can judge a person's entire character by their stance on a single issue and question their right to free speech. It's as if, like Brexit, there are two kinds of people: good and bad. I was lucky enough to meet Leon a few times, so I'll base my opinion of him on that. As supporters we should base our opinion of him on the difference he made to the football club, which was considerable. That some are disrespecting him now shows the weakness we all know runs through our fanbase.
Spot on with this assessment jjfc..
  • Like 2

Glad to see the back of a player because of his views on Twitter. Pathetic. 
Well...quite. Any criticism of the official narrative is heresy and those guilty should be burnt at the stake don't you know?

Don't want to derail the thread but also want to defend someone who has been a great pro for us, always gave his all and seemed a gentleman on and off the pitch.

I agree that he probably shouldn't air personal views as an employee but he's entitled to them.

We move on...
  • Like 5

Advert:

Best of luck to Leon Legge, excellent player for Vale, leader and true competitor on the field. I can't remember the last Vale player I saw who attacked the ball with his head as well as Leon, dominant in the air in most of the games he played.

• Like 3