Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

18 minutes ago, Playa Amodores said:

Doha, this very true. I’m pinning some hope on the SoT (N) MP, doing his bit for us. He’s the only person me of the three MPs in our city for which I have any time. He has spoken up about the ceramics industry, volunteered to assist with teaching and has attended the foodbank where I volunteer.

Brereton with his opening up the railway from Leek to Hanley complete ejit. The whole line will need replacing, including sleepers,tunnels will need rebuilding and some of the line has been built on.

If you're on about Gullis, I have a bridge to sell you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Advert:

50 minutes ago, Doha said:

I suspect it’s because Hanley is or is meant to be the money generating retail hive. 

They’ve just proposed to cut a load of jobs and close museums so the chances of Burslem ever getting any regeneration money, particularly with the loss of the EU regen money, is zero. Its only hope now is TV filming money like with Peaky Blinders, the national lottery good causes fund or a good word from Prince Charles who seems to like Middleport pottery. Or Robbie. That’s it. 

Hanley itself is on its hind quarters. i had the misfortune of passing through there Saturday lunchtime and the place was dead. Even the lads on monkey dust seem to have deserted it.

Row upon row of empty shops, empty units in the Potteries centre, although in fairness there were two doughnut vans outside so that seems to be a growing sector.

Anyway, who are we signing today?

Love that response.
10% will get it immediately
30% will wonder why its getting so many likes and will have a think and then get it (this is me)
40% will be too young and not standa chance of getting it.
20% will just ignore
No can do...
I'm in the 10%...but i am 65

Advert:

2 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

I think the flea pit is closed. The building looks really nice and needs investment in line with Burslem town centre. Pointless requesting the council to get involved, they’re too obsessed with Hanley. I’m not in the know but I cannot see why they’ve got so many hotels and continually invest in Hanley. 

Agreed, so sad as the George used to be a fine hotel but went seriously downhill at the turn of the century. Last stayed there in 2019 and my god, sleeping on the street would have been better. 

You’d think a hotel near Vale park would work. It was the most convenient one. 

• Like 1

Advert:

21 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Anyone think Benning may head out on loan now ? 

If I was to be greedy signing Politic and new contracts to Gibbo and Wozza would really be the perfect icing on the cake. Baby steps though. 

Hussey and Gibbo first team.

Jones as a first team CB is possible, then a WB as cover, with Benning as cover cover.

but I like rotation to keep hinges fresh and I think DC likes that too if the players are good enough. I think Benning can still play a part but can he give enough and improve enough and gel enough in the 6 months left to merit a new contract? I’d be shocked if he wasn’t a top 5 earner at the club right now as he was in high demand at the time.

7 hours ago, Properman said:

I find it odd that hall was doing a five and half hour round trip nearly everyday. With his length of contract he should have moved alot closer, hope he does not do that with us, it is too far to travel, and we will never get the best of him.

Or at least rent an apartment or find digs close by and go back to Cambridge when training/games/work allows, many people do it in other professions if their family is settled in an area.

Edited by Paul6754

2 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

Agreed, so sad as the George used to be a fine hotel but went seriously downhill at the turn of the century. Last stayed there in 2019 and my god, sleeping on the street would have been better. 

You’d think a hotel near Vale park would work. It was the most convenient one. 

TJH. It was being used for the homeless before then in the winter time. At a cost to the taxpayer of £40 per person per day.

• Like 1

Advert:

With the new-found professionalism and scrutiny of signings at the club now I very much doubt Flitters has brought in a player that has to get up a 4am every day for days of intense training. They must have sorted that out with him because it’s hardly sorted by getting off in Stoke not Harrogate. He must have a serious personal reason for doing that though, as you can buy the whole town of Harrogate for the price of a Cambridge maisonette.

Edited by 1
  • Like 1