Transfer rumours, targets & new signings

Doha

9 hours ago, Danish Valiant said:

Another route you can take, is what I've done all through this;

When you read a post you don't agree with, some even from what people will call "tinfoil hats" etc. do the following: you read it, roll your eyes, maybe even laugh a bit, and then scroll on. 
It has worked for me for nearly two years now, so feel free to use it if you want 🙂

that brings home the bacon!😄

Advert:

10 hours ago, Old fort said:

He used to do a day or two a week as a P.E teacher at Chell in the mid-late 70's. Seems odd now to think of calling him "Sir"

He used to drive a lime green Capri. Strange what sticks in your mind as a kid. 

Most famous in my eyes for the numerous sendigs off which included a twenty yard run up to completely take out an opponent - not sure if it was against Chesterfield who he eventually played for.   I think I also remember him getting sent off for catching the ball. Good old days of "Bernies evil" and all that.  

I was at Chell High when Colin Tart was teaching PE there , I played left back for the school , and the first thing he taught me was a few of the dark arts 

• Like 1

Advert:

6 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Christ I've seen it all now.

People glad to see the back of Leon because he has a different opinion to other people.

What next, a witch hunt against someone because they like pineapple on pizza?! Or their music taste? Give it a rest.

He's been a great servant. Gave his all through some really difficult times. Never shirked responsibility and was a real warrior for us. Really did wear that badge with 100% pride.

I wish him all the best and will remember his time here as a great success.

Short memories

Top player and person

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

I find it odd that hall was doing a five and half hour round trip nearly everyday. With his length of contract he should have moved alot closer, hope he does not do that with us, it is too far to travel, and we will never get the best of him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, saintvaliant said:

I can’t go for that. 

Love that response.

10% will get it immediately

30% will wonder why its getting so many likes and will have a think and then get it (this is me)

40% will be too young and not standa chance of getting it.

20% will just ignore

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

Good tributes, quite rightly earned, given to Leon Legge.  Can I also take this opportunity to thank him for his contribution to PV over the last 3 years or so and to wish him all the very best in whatever future path his career takes him--you will be missed Leon.  Good wishes for your time at Harrogate--just don't score if you're back playing against us!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Wow, thats a heck of a commute. I dont know about all of our other players (I know quite a number are based in the triangle between Liverpool Manchester and Stoke), but Cambridgeshire is a long way... about 3 hours to Harrogate, and 2:30 to Burslem.. So he gets an extra hour of his day back... Still not ideal.

Advert:

That’s a ridiculous commute. I wonder if we’ve insisted he stay up here some of the week, because travelling that distance is not good for him when he then has to go straight into training when he gets here.

Anyone else think (or worried) that some of these new players coming in could see some of our better players want to leave or be forced out of the door due to a lack of or reduced game time?

Edited by PV1973

25 minutes ago, Properman said:

I find it odd that hall was doing a five and half hour round trip nearly everyday. With his length of contract he should have moved alot closer, hope he does not do that with us, it is too far to travel, and we will never get the best of him.

I can understand that not every player can move when they change clubs. Its an interesting insight to some of the challenges DF has to face. A player may have a young family and be settled where they were based before. Is it worth the hassle and time of moving house, schools, life etc for a 1 or at best 2 year contract, where you may be on the move again in 12 months? At this level I find that a number of players become regionally based, especially true for players in the south west for who they will not entertain a move North.

Despite that it is odd that he didn't find lodgings a bit closer. After all Harrogate is a pretty nice place. 

3 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

That’s a ridiculous commute. I wonder if we’ve insisted he stay up here some of the week, because travelling that distance is not good for him when he then has to go straight into training when he gets here.

Anyone else think (or worried) that some of these new players coming in could see some of our better players want to leave or be forced out of the door due to a lack of or reduced game time?

Yes, but its a great position to be in. The squad is improving and there is competition for places throughout the squad, and that even includes the goalkeeper. It keeps everyone motiviated on on their toes. 

Howe many years is it that the team has been based on the 11 that are fit and capable of kicking a ball almost straight, with a bench that must make any manager sigh as they look back for inspiration only to find the barely capable, barely fit, unproven youth and journeymen pro's.

Edited by manc_vale
improved.
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

No, if anything, it should do the opposite. With new players coming in, you’d expect the old crop to step up. Ultimately, if they don’t, they will be shown the door. 

It’s called healthy competition, and any professional athlete should rise to the challenge.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

No not worried at all. If these players are better then there’s no issue. It’s what happens every single season. surely it breeds competition? If players are unhappy that we have signing a striker then surely they should work hard to ensure they play? If not then maybe Port Vale is not for them. The only anomaly is Gibbons. I can’t see reduced game time being an issue given the amount of fixtures in a small period of time, no doubt we will pick up more injuries as well. 

As long as we are signing players that improve us I have no issues. Hall is an upgrade on Legge, the two young lads are on loan but on short viewing Harratt seems much more useful than Lloyd. Hussey is a quality player for this level; no question and comfortably good enough for the league above. 

Don’t see any issue what so ever with us letting our weaker players go and bringing in better players, surely that’s the whole point? 

• Like 1

Advert:

44 minutes ago, manc_vale said:

Love that response.

10% will get it immediately

30% will wonder why its getting so many likes and will have a think and then get it (this is me)

40% will be too young and not standa chance of getting it.

20% will just ignore

im in the 30%  🤪

48 minutes ago, manc_vale said:

Wow, thats a heck of a commute. I dont know about all of our other players (I know quite a number are based in the triangle between Liverpool Manchester and Stoke), but Cambridgeshire is a long way... about 3 hours to Harrogate, and 2:30 to Burslem.. So he gets an extra hour of his day back... Still not ideal.

I wonder if his contract includes a travelling allowance. It’s 45p per mile with the council. Should rack up a decent income off that alone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brian said:

Our owners have really stepped up. I think the fans need to as well. Let’s get right behind the team now!

100%.  Fans still need to play their part.  Expectations will be higher than ever now.  Good or bad out on the park it’s just as much about our passion in the stands.  How much do WE want it.  All these signings mean nothing if we don’t back the team when things get tough.  We can sign who we want but we aren’t going to just turn up and steamroller teams.  Bumps in the road and all that.  If we can replicate that atmosphere from the Brentford game it’d be a massive help to the boys.

• Like 6