onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Morecambe

Fosse69

Onwards and Upwards, 6 wins on the trot? Morecambe stand in our way. Contenders for promotion, Playoffs just an improbable dream for us, but top 10 within our grasp? Another stiff test of our potential, at least the open spaces of Vale Park will be to our advantage, show them what we are made of Vale, 2-0 will keep up rising.

Advert

One of those this, just feel invincible in the way you didn’t know where our next win would come from before!

Mathematical safety could be achieved with the right results, not that it’s an issue now you’d think.

Play offs won’t happen simply because we can’t now get enough to do it as the 7th place would pick up points week on week but I’d like us to get as close to 60 points as possible which would be respectable and possibly top half.

Fancy another win, these are doing well and organised but with our new round street wise approach and quality I fancy us for a 2-0 win.

On there budget Morecambe have done very well, however they have also been very lucky a lot of penalties quite a few 1 nil wins. Although we have had a number of real poor performances we have really been unlucky in a few games, maybe not deserved to win but most certainly not deserved to loose. I think with the defence sorted we are now finding ways to score a few, in this league we can beat anyone 

Hoping for a good win because we certainly were cheated at there place, come on you whites do them!  

1 hour ago, windsorvale4ever said:

I thought we might make changes for the Harrogate game and we didn't. Why would you not want to play at the moment 4 days rest and sort out any niggles and the same 11 go again.

5 Saturdays and 1 Tuesday, not too taxing. Trips to Carlisle,  Barrow, and Grimsby.  Easier to break records when not under pressure?

1 hour ago, Emile said:

Can someone answer when the last time we won 6 league games in a row was? I can see 1939 so far

1993 in what is now L1,  we had a 6 match run,  we may had had one in what is now the Championship, but 4 match runs more likely.

3 minutes ago, Fosse69 said:

1993 in what is now L1,  we had a 6 match run,  we may had had one in what is now the Championship.

Yep, 6 in a row in March '96, including the 12-second Bogie goal.

I almost hope we don't win the 6th in a row v Morecambe, as would feel a bit off if this team were to emulate that great side!

Almost...

Interesting match up. They’ve given the top  teams a game in the last few. Got to be on top of our game. Less rest for them and surely these sendings off must be racking up - 3 off in the last 4!

Archived