onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Seo Facts!!

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

P.V.F.C. has been losing money for a number of years.The club is deep in debt & has been unable to repay any instalments off the loans that they have incurred.

Interest on the council loan has been in excess of £11,000 per month.

So how could any set of responsible directors bring in a chairman, a position that has been previously unpaid, and award him a remuneration of salary and perks totalling almost £3,500 PER WEEK?

Being so cash strapped they take on more debt by re-mortgaging the ground for £277,000 and then have the nerve to blame their customers, the fans, for not being able to pay their taxation and repayments to other debtors who are threatening court action.

The board seem devoid of any business and public relation expertise whatsoever.

They are so selfish, arrogant and brain dead that they are taking the club towards bankruptcy before they will resign their positions.

The club has made significant six-figure losses for the last four or five years. Expenditure has been exceeding income for a long time.

To do this, you either need a lot of cash to begin with or a pretty big credit facility to remain solvent. Vale have had the latter.

The Council loan was used to finance the day to day running of the club. The subsequent repayment holiday was used to drive cashflow - the club probably would have struggled to remain solvent in each of the past two seasons if they had been forced to pay an additional £120,000 p.a. back to the Council in capital repayments instead of just interest.

The Harlequin loan was taken by the club but seemingly nobody ever really considered that the money might have to be paid back.

The only thing keeping Vale solvent and out of administration after all this time isn't because the club had been run particularly well - it hasn't. However the club has been able to extend it's credit facility. The problem is now that all of the credit has run out and people are starting to call in the debts after all this time.

So to extend the fire analogy, if SEO is a spark then it's highly negligent of the club to let such a large amount of flammable material accrue over a number of years.

I am glad you have straightened that out. The next time somebody claims that at least 1000 extra people will go to games as soon as the current board goes will be shot down by everyone on this thread. It's about time the myth of missing support was cleared up. Top Work.

Another incorrect assumption.

There are clearly missing supporters. What the average attendance shows THIS SEASON is that SEO is having a negligible effect, yet the board attempt to prove otherwise. Which is a complete turn around from what they said at the BGWMC, isn't it?

I am sure there are many supporters who will return should the club show signs of progress. Unfortunately many have worked out years ago that there is no chance of progress under the current regime.

The real issue is that all V2001 board's have spent and continue to spend beyond the means of the club. They have never set a correct budget and when it all goes wrong they consistently point the finger of blame at anyone but themselves.

SEO was not the board's idea. If SEO made things worse, whoever implemented it is responsible.

SEO was a warning that less money would be available to spend, just like at the top of a steep hill there is a warning sign to slow down. Ignore it and then crash with going too fast, I am sure that the police and insurance company will agree that it was the fault of the road sign.

Implying the SEO campaign are making false claims?

Your calculation would be assuming that none of the SEO season ticket "pledgers" attended games and payed-on-the-day.

Not sure what what claims you refer to here? Surely these "claims" as you call them were what would happen if all of the people who had signed SEO kept to their pledge? But they didn't did they - surely everyone knows this. Some may have signed hoping to get a 10% MC discount, some may not have had one last year, Bratt was on there!! some may have meant it as a warning to the Board knowing they would renew, many, many people just couldn't go through with it for whatever reason (and I do think the Board were clever for once how they kept chipping away with another offer) Myself, I renewed in Ocober beliving we had got nearly all of what we wanted ( Bratt gone, Oliver going in December, ha ha, major investment, although it still felt wrong I guess I wanted to believe it so I was easy to con). I thought that ST sales are only marginally down on last year? What have gone are the more casual fan who has quite simply had enough and is showing his feelings by not attending. Oh, by the way I wonder what the FL makes of the Budgeted 5800 crowd, given it was higher than last years actual and the club was in open warfare with its fanbase - maybe THEY should have acted earlier in questioning the Board? And Board, make a note of this - if by any miricle you are still there in control next year, I will not be renewing - please factor this in to next years Budget! ===

My estimate is that only 300 or so are actually SEO still.

Not sure what what claims you refer to here? Surely these "claims" as you call them were what would happen if all of the people who had signed SEO kept to their pledge? But they didn't did they - surely everyone knows this. Some may have signed hoping to get a 10% MC discount, some may not have had one last year, Bratt was on there!! some may have meant it as a warning to the Board knowing they would renew, many, many people just couldn't go through with it for whatever reason (and I do think the Board were clever for once how they kept chipping away with another offer) Myself, I renewed in Ocober beliving we had got nearly all of what we wanted ( Bratt gone, Oliver going in December, ha ha, major investment, although it still felt wrong I guess I wanted to believe it so I was easy to con). I thought that ST sales are only marginally down on last year? What have gone are the more casual fan who has quite simply had enough and is showing his feelings by not attending. Oh, by the way I wonder what the FL makes of the Budgeted 5800 crowd, given it was higher than last years actual and the club was in open warfare with its fanbase - maybe THEY should have acted earlier in questioning the Board? And Board, make a note of this - if by any miricle you are still there in control next year, I will not be renewing - please factor this in to next years Budget! ===

My estimate is a bit lower than that............its only the real hardcore who are staying away now I along with the others were conned in October

This needs highlighting to all the idiots who are blaming SEO for our potential administration.

Get your facts right.

So SEO isn't harming the club's finances in terms of either lost revenue or incresed policing costs?

I thought its M.O. was what it says on the tin, starve the club of finance.

Most supporters are behind the motive, but the operation seems to be killing the patient.

Another incorrect assumption.

There are clearly missing supporters. What the average attendance shows THIS SEASON is that SEO is having a negligible effect, yet the board attempt to prove otherwise. Which is a complete turn around from what they said at the BGWMC, isn't it?

I am sure there are many supporters who will return should the club show signs of progress. Unfortunately many have worked out years ago that there is no chance of progress under the current regime.

The real issue is that all V2001 board's have spent and continue to spend beyond the means of the club. They have never set a correct budget and when it all goes wrong they consistently point the finger of blame at anyone but themselves.

My assumption that people will be fair minded and lay to rest the rumours that 1000s will return upon Lloyd and co going is incorrect?

LS, I signed upto SEO and intended to stick to it, albeit under extreme duress. However a ticket was purchased on my behalf by someone with who knows me better than I know myself and I was honour bound to go. In truth it wasn't a difficult decision, and I'm fairly confident I would have succumbed to buying one at some point with the offers/promises made by the board.

However I have not, and will not spend ONE SINGLE PENNY either at the tea bar on match days or at the club shop whilst the current encumbents remain.

The person who bought my ticket has also now 'had enough' and we have both agreed not to buy tickets next season if the Status Quo remains (Sorry Francis/Rick, no offence meant).

I've been a staunch board supporter in the past and received much 'stick' on here for it, in the end I saw sense - others seem unable to do so, that's their choice.

I simply wish now to put my faith in the SC and the tremendous work they have thus far acheved. Hopefully quite soon all their hard work will come to fruition.

Micky, all the staff and team are working wonders under extreme conditions - we slag them off on occasion but we must remember these are working people, just like us, trying their best to eke out a decent living in these hard financial times. It would be nice if they were allowed to do so without the shackles that have bound this club for far too long.

So SEO isn't harming the club's finances in terms of either lost revenue or incresed policing costs?

I thought its M.O. was what it says on the tin, starve the club of finance.

Most supporters are behind the motive, but the operation seems to be killing the patient.

Because the patient is ignoring the prescription.======

My assumption that people will be fair minded and lay to rest the rumours that 1000s will return upon Lloyd and co going is incorrect?

1,000's wont return your right,but when Miller and Deakin have gone thats approx 250k saved, and that just proves what a shambles Lloyd and Deakin ably abetted by Bratt have made of wrecking Port Vale Football Club

Archived