Oldham

Scunthorpe

Walsall

Leyton Orient

Yeovil

Stevenage

Colchester

Bury

Rochdale.........ALL have lower average attendances than us.

Our average attendances over the past few years.....

04-05..... 4820

05-06..... 4683

06-07..... 4628

07-08..... 4351

08-09..... 5487

09-10..... 4747

10-11..... 5281

11-12..... 4784 so far.

You see, in the last 8 years, only in 3 seasons has our average attendance been higher.

We are getting better averages than when we were in league 1!

We also get worst away followings in league 2.

I made a similar thread yesterday which got lost on the transfer embargo thread but i really think this needs highlighting to all the idiots who are blaming SEO for our potential administration.

Get your facts right.

Open your eyes.

Get real.

Advert

I've made this point on many occasions, SEO is nothing new, just been given a name and highlighted, it's what happens when fans aren't happy, happens at every club, I remember when 2-3 thousand gates were he norm, never any problems with admin though!

http://www.starve-em-out.co.uk/

Look at the 'Revenues Lost' on this website.

Either these figures are false claims by the campaign, or the club has actually sustained these losses in which case nobody could say these amounts would not contribute to the club's worrying financial status.

Compared to other seasons its not a big difference though. The stats PROVE this.

Obviously the SEO revenue lost is false if you look ar the FACTS.

I suspect you are one of the ***** ones the opening poster mentions.

Either these figures are false claims by the campaign, or the club has actually sustained these losses in which case nobody could say these amounts would not contribute to the club's worrying financial status.

Have you deliberately missed the point or are you just a bit, er, thick?

But what about the 200% commercial increase.That should go a long way to cover some of that if not all of it?

Then it was up to the club to combat this...they failed....again.

As already highlighted, it's less to do with SEO and more to do with the repercussions of year on year failure. They have had nearly a decade to find ways to help the club progress, they didn't, we haven't....it's shame they can't find it in them to admit they haven't done enough and haven't got what it takes to run a successful business.

This campaign IS new. It is not a new thing for fans to get fed up and stay away. However, an organised campaign to discourage others from purchasing season tickets/sponsorships etc is different.

Nobody has been actively discouraged. People have voted with their feet, yet the board were warned.

I haven't stepped foot inside Vale Park all season, and I didn't sign SEO.

I dare say there are hundreds more like me.

Back to my original question, are you a bit thick?

This campaign IS new. It is not a new thing for fans to get fed up and stay away. However, an organised campaign to discourage others from purchasing season tickets/sponsorships etc is different.

Like I said its been highlighted mainly due to the Internet and mb's, no one had to do it though , fans make their own decisions.

If the board knew that SEO was having such an impact -

Why did they sanction Mr Millers £150K salary when the effects of SEO were known ?

The campaign was a warning that was not taken. The board budget for 5700 crowds offered stupid money to micky Adams , Perry dickin, miller and to a a certain extent gareth Owen. They spent beyond there means and this has caused the problems.

From the SEO website: "A reminder that anyone signing our season ticket pledge before midnight, May 31st will get their season ticket at 10% below current April price, once Mo Chaudry takes control"

You raise an excellent point, what great marketing, it shows that some people do have excellent business acumen.

Now compare that to Bill Bratt & Co, the board were given a very strong warning in adavance that revenues may be down, they spectacuarly failed to act on this warning and rather than decrease overheads they increased them.

We may well be used in one of thise guides for dummies "how to ruin your business for dummies"

Archived