onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Seo Facts!!

Spunk Trumpet

The directors. I don't dispute that. SEO contributed to the last 3 on your list. It's a shame - I would have liked to see Birchall play for the first team again...

I believe Perry & Deakin knew but ignored the perilous financial state we were in when crossing their palms with mega £s. Had they really wanted the best for Port Vale they could have taken a deferred reduced salary until the coffers were in better health - just like one of our managers did post WTB.

Where are Perry & Co now? They've gone to ground leaving Mike Lloyd to indirectly communicate with us by text message.

Advert

From the SEO website: "A reminder that anyone signing our season ticket pledge before midnight, May 31st will get their season ticket at 10% below current April price, once Mo Chaudry takes control"

But Bill Bratt said many of the names on the list were false and that SEO had very few followers.

Also, board members such as Perry Deakin repeatedly told us how well season ticket sales were going, and that SEO was not negatively affecting Port Vale.

Also, the board should hve stepped down if SEO was actively leading Port Vale to fail as the board of directors said that they would act in the interests of Port Vale and its supporters.

It's just a shame they are all a bunch of lying, deceitful, scumbag with something to hide. I hate each and every last one of them.

The directors have a duty to manage the club in such a way that they create positive relationships with supporters through good PR. They also have a duty to offer a product which people wish to pay for.

They have failed catastrophically; Starve 'em Out is the result of appalling mismanagement.

The board are just using the seo campaign to deflect the blame for this mess we are in from themselves.

Totally correct.

For months, the board has told anyone who'll listen that the effect of SEO was negligible and that commercial income was rocketing thanks to the wonderful efforts of our new CEO and his team. All backed up, of course, by a string of WUMs and board puppets on here whose sole raison d'etre seemed to be to mock their alleged fellow supporters for being passionate enough to do something about the mismanagement of their club.

But now SEO is being touted by the selfsame board as the instrument that's brought the club to its knees.

Laughable.

Not that I feel much like laughing.

As for ML's despicable comments, as I've said on another thread, I saw some ML quotes from a few years ago where he was blaming the collapse of the Theatre Royal on Stoke's lack of a theatre going audience.

Those damned customers. It's always their fault, isn't it.

The board are just using the seo campaign to deflect the blame for this mess we are in from themselves.

Spot on.

They will take no responsibilty whatsoever for their abject failures over the last nine years and keep pointing the finger at the fans,who they claim they are trying to protect the club from.

Spot on.

They will take no responsibilty whatsoever for their abject failures over the last nine years and keep pointing the finger at the fans,who they claim they are trying to protect the club from.

And note, not once have they spoke up for the few thousand that still attend, never once thanking them for their 'loyal support'......they treat them with the same disdain they treat SEO.

Laughable the lot of them - If it were Emmerdale or Corrie the writers would have been sacked for such implausible storylines.......

I think the OP makes a very good point - SEO has had a lot of publicity and a small(ish) effect. I personally don't agree with it although I can see why people do, however, it's a an easy finger for the board to point and absolve themselves of blame at this point in time. THe finger of blame can only be pointed at terrible financial management over many years.

I think it does emphasise the fickleness and lack of commitment amongst some fans though - there is many a keyboard warrior who signed SEO and had no intention of going anyway. I would be interested to see how our away followings stack up this season vs last - I remember at the start of the season there were hoards of people on here saying they would just follow Vale away. I've only been to 3 aways this season myself but I suspect there are no more travelling away this year than last.

SEO Has had a major impact on attendances. So to has :

Last seasons poor performance on the pitch.

The fact that M.A. said he was ' happy ' to strengthen his squad with half a dozen youngsters. Who really expected us to be challenging for a promotion spot ?

£21 admission. This i believe is a killer because unless we were racing away with the league , supporters will not pay this.

Any previous season ticket holder will not pay £21 a match. It is far too expensive and you will only pick and choose your games.

Add to this an average at best season and gates will be down.

It is so easy to fill your time on a Saturday once you stop.

Where have the 1000 home fans gone from the opening game v Crawley ? Were they ever there or how did Deakin manage to give away so many tickets.

For the club to ' expect ' 5800 average attendance after all i have said above proves that they have a lot to answer to and are responsible for poor management of our club

Next season - fingers crossed - Whoever new is in charge ???

The club has to set a realistic match day price and season ticket offer for next season

Lets get back to season tickets giving you 6 or 7 free games , £250 maximum and a match day price of £ 16 / £ 17 maximum

Archived