onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Seo Facts!!

Spunk Trumpet

Advert

1,000's wont return your right,but when Miller and Deakin have gone thats approx 250k saved, and that just proves what a shambles Lloyd and Deakin ably abetted by Bratt have made of wrecking Port Vale Football Club

I don't disagree with that at all. It just irritates me when the usual suspects go out of there way to discredit any opinion posted which differs to the general opinion and yet they say nothing when claims are made that 1000+ are staying away.

I have said it many times, the argument has to be credible but the frenzy and pack mentality on here at times will turn more away than it will win over. You only have to look at the number of people who just label people as thick or insane if there opinion differs.

Fair and even will win the day, every time.

I expect quite a few who renewed their season tickets after the Blue Sky annoncement are not actually attending judging by the massive amount of empty seats recently.

Also I went into the Main Stand for a meal at the Cheltenham game (Xmas Present) and there was literally 5 tables and we had been upgraded to the sponsors package, by sheer virtue of the fact there was no one else there! I'd been in the Directors area about a year ago and the whole of the big room was packed. At the Northampton game this season there was lots of people still there but I had noticed a significant reduction.

The board shouldn't alienate the supporters and spend money they haven't got on directors who have brought no extra income in should they?

My assumption that people will be fair minded and lay to rest the rumours that 1000s will return upon Lloyd and co going is incorrect?

Firstly, the point of the OP is effectively stating is that SEO is not damaging the club as much as Mike Lloyd and Co want to make us believe. The same Mike Lloyd who said last summer that SEO is not having a significant effect. Sorry Mike, but you cannot have it both ways. It either is or it isn't.

My point is that you imply that attendances would remain at the same level should this board be removed. I would like to know upon what you base that judgement. Whether 1000 return is something I don't know and neither do you.

In the past, before V2001, Vale had average attendances of circa 9000, when they were two divisions higher than they are now. So there are Vale fans out there. Where have these people gone to? Why aren't they returning? Why should they return?

In my view, they don't return because the product on offer is unlikely to change from what it is now, which is expensive fourth division football. V2001 took over when the club was challenging for promotion in a division higher. Look at us now. Desperately hanging onto the tails of the seventh placed team in the hope of the first nugget of success (play-off) since 2001. There's no incentive to return.

What it needs is complete change. At that point, with the right people in charge and with a progressive club, fans will return. But while the situation is as it is, the only thing I see is attendances being reduced even further.

It's an interesting debate.

Personally I find it staggering that a board, aware of SEO, can now blame it totally for the club's failure when during the period of them being aware of it they have sanctioned huge salaries for a CEO, a huge salary for a previously unpaid chairman role and a rumoured 3 fold increase on the managers pay packet.

In the meantime they have managed to botch two trumpeted investment deals. All of that coming on the back of financial years before any sort of boycott that saw the club make huge losses and rack up debt running into the millions.

Anyone looking at SEO being to blame needs their head checking IMHO. Even without fans staying away, the board have well and truly dug their own hole.

Ok ok i own up, it was me. I signed starve em out i havent brought a season ticket its all my fault.

I also didnt stop somebody shooting franz ferdinand to start ww1, and hitler invading poland to start ww2. I didnt stop all them bankers wrecking the economy. My god ive got alot to answer for, Oh well as long as the deluded have somebody to blame.

I'm Spartacus!

And as for fans coming back, I agree it will be a gradual thing. Unity will take time and it is naive to think that a magic wand will be waved and people wil instantly return.

Personally, I'll be straight back but I suspect people like me will make up a minority of those wo are currently not going.

It could be years to repair some of the damage the board have done to the fanbase, particularly to the younger generations where they have done little to combat the lure of top flight football down the road and have indeed done more to drive people away than bring them in.

So SEO isn't harming the club's finances in terms of either lost revenue or incresed policing costs?

I thought its M.O. was what it says on the tin, starve the club of finance.

Most supporters are behind the motive, but the operation seems to be killing the patient.

But we obviously arent killing the club of finance compared to other seasons average gate!!

And as for fans coming back, I agree it will be a gradual thing. Unity will take time and it is naive to think that a magic wand will be waved and people wil instantly return.

Personally, I'll be straight back but I suspect people like me will make up a minority of those wo are currently not going.

It could be years to repair some of the damage the board have done to the fanbase, particularly to the younger generations where they have done little to combat the lure of top flight football down the road and have indeed done more to drive people away than bring them in.

When you look at the age profile of the attendees at the SC meetings,you do wonder where the younger fans are?:unsure:

Listen, some of you can moan and moan... moan some more. blame the supporters.. blame the weather... blame whoever you want. I pointed out the FACTS.

Fact..... A good 20 or so clubs operate on lower average attendances than us at this point in the season.

Fact..... We had lower average attendances than when in league 1.

Moan and groan about supporters not going.. Blah ****ing blah.

Quite frankly, you sound pathetic.... And are pathetic.

You have not an argument for blaming supporters. My factual stats show this.

Idiots.

When you look at the age profile of the attendees at the SC meetings,you do wonder where the younger fans are?:unsure:

We will have a lost generation IMHO.

Some of that is out of the clubs hands as we can't influence Stoke being in the top flight and having a successful period.

But as Gary Neville has said today, a lot of football is cyclical. We will come again, just as Stoke will eventually have a bit of a dip.

The real tragedy is that the club have done little to try to counter it. Part of that is due to the fact it has been an old boys club run for their benefit rather than the good of the club IMHO. Part of it is just a lack of business acumen.

It is very simple really. The marketing and pricing should all be geared to make the club as accessible as possible for children ( up to 18) and for young families where statistically disposable incomes are typically at their most challenging during any family's life cycle.

Whoever the next regime is, one of their absolute priorities has to be to get the kids back into Vale Park. Otherwise we face a time bomb in 10-15 years that will become very difficult to reverse.

I don't disagree with that at all. It just irritates me when the usual suspects go out of there way to discredit any opinion posted which differs to the general opinion and yet they say nothing when claims are made that 1000+ are staying away.

I have said it many times, the argument has to be credible but the frenzy and pack mentality on here at times will turn more away than it will win over. You only have to look at the number of people who just label people as thick or insane if there opinion differs.

Fair and even will win the day, every time.

agreed mr borat...if peoples idea of a respected debate is to complete thier argument by labeling someone as either thick or idiotic then the debate ends there in my opinion...never argue with an idiot,they will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Listen, some of you can moan and moan... moan some more. blame the supporters.. blame the weather... blame whoever you want. I pointed out the FACTS.

Fact..... A good 20 or so clubs operate on lower average attendances than us at this point in the season.

Fact..... We had lower average attendances than when in league 1.

Moan and groan about supporters not going.. Blah ****ing blah.

Quite frankly, you sound pathetic.... And are pathetic.

You have not an argument for blaming supporters. My factual stats show this.

Idiots.

You have posted two stats but your conclusions that you interpret from the stats are incredibly biased.

It does not show cause and effect at all.

I could say....

Judging by Spunk Trumpets FACTS, the SEO must take zero credit for the removal of the board, considering that they have not starved the club because 20 teams have less fans and manage ok, and because we had lower attendances in league 1.

I don't agree with SEO at all. But I want the removal of the board as much as anyone. So I think you can't have it both ways.

And there's plenty of people that are SEO and are constantly having digs at those that attend games.

I am going to Crewe, paying cash on the gate as I don't have a season ticket, and I cannot wait! and it comes to something that there's plenty of SEO that are begging for tickets for this game. Having it both ways again. To me they should own up, and donate the cost of a match day ticket to charity, minus the cost of acquiring the ticket.

agreed mr borat...if peoples idea of a respected debate is to complete thier argument by labeling someone as either thick or idiotic then the debate ends there in my opinion...never argue with an idiot,they will bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

There are posters who end posts with comments about others deserving a smack as well.

If I said anything like that I would be banned immediately. Rightly so. But there are people who can say it, and there are people whom it can be said about, without ramifications.

There is a clique. And anyone who says otherwise will have a harder job convincing me than they would trying to tell me that Peter Miller has lost 10 stone and is coming to pump a billion pounds into the playing squad.

Archived