onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Seo Facts!!

Spunk Trumpet

Ok ok i own up, it was me. I signed starve em out i havent brought a season ticket its all my fault.

I also didnt stop somebody shooting franz ferdinand to start ww1, and hitler invading poland to start ww2. I didnt stop all them bankers wrecking the economy. My god ive got alot to answer for, Oh well as long as the deluded have somebody to blame.

:D

Advert

The directors. I don't dispute that. SEO contributed to the last 3 on your list. It's a shame - I would have liked to see Birchall play for the first team again...

I would love to see Birchall playing for Vale's first team too. Th reason he isn't is entirely the responsibility of Mike Lloyd and the board who have grossly mismanaged the club

We were old by Deakin and Lloyd at BGWMC at the beginning of the season that SEO hadn't worked. Commercial revenue had increased and ST sales were more or less on par with last season. How can people therefore, now blame SEO for the position the club finds itself in? It's simply properganda to suit an agenda. And for some Vale fans to blame other fans for our current predicament rather than a board who have not paid for £350k's worth of shares and whom are paid six figure sums, is truly baffling. If those shares had actually been bought AND paid for, and this situation would therefore not have arisen, the same people blaming SEO would still be saying it had had no effect. The only people to blame are the board.

af1985. Do the maths.

Using a rough calculation on the SEO web site figures, there have been 2000 people pledging not to buy a season ticket. Add this to the average attendance this season and you get almost 6800.

When was the last time the club had an average attendance of 6800?

The SEO figures are probably littered with people that haven't renewed for years, plus some that reneged on their pledge in the light of the BSI investment.

You're reading something into this that is quite simply not there, as stated by the OP.

From the SEO website: "A reminder that anyone signing our season ticket pledge before midnight, May 31st will get their season ticket at 10% below current April price, once Mo Chaudry takes control"

I thought these message boards and websites were only frequented by a handful of people who are 'not a true representation' of the feelings of the vast majority of Vale fans!

That is the message that the board have continued to ram down our throats at every opportunity, coupled with smug comments the SEO was having no impact / commercial revenues up 200% / superb investments way in excess of Mo's derisory £1.21M of cash!

The board have carried on like the band on the Titanic, blatantly ignoring the lifeblood of the club (its fans and CUSTOMERS) purely for personal gain. Why set a budget based on a level of attendance that we have not averaged since our Championship days?

Now after several years of selling the family silver and remortgaging everything we own to the hilt and running out of mugs to prop them up with just enough investment to keep the Wolves from the door / us in power they want US to take the blame! Unbelieveable.

You lying bazzers get out of our club!!:mad::mad::mad:

Implying the SEO campaign are making false claims?

Your calculation would be assuming that none of the SEO season ticket "pledgers" attended games and payed-on-the-day.

No. It is not implying false claims. The data is out-of-date, as indicated by the countdown marked "Until D-Day".

Read my previous post for my opinion why the figures are no longer valid.

The only fact that is important is the one in the OP. We have an average attendance of 4800 and the board budgeted for 5700.

Why they budgeted for 5700 when they knew they were unpopular, the football was poor, and the fans had turned against them, only they know.

If they use SEO as a reason for lack of working capital, they are simply not looking at this indisputable fact.

The second fact is that every year we are reporting losses in out annual accounts. The buck stops with the board on that one.

Implying the SEO campaign are making false claims?

Your calculation would be assuming that none of the SEO season ticket "pledgers" attended games and payed-on-the-day.

SEO, Nantwich Town, Ameriturf, Blue Sky, SOT Council,

Printers, Harlequin, Taxman are all making false claims.

Do you know if we have manged to keep up the repayments on the Carbon Trust loan perhaps they will be next making false claims ? ...

I don't understand your point. I'm referring to the SEO's claims of lost revenue on their website. Why would Ameriturf, etc make false claims?

I agree with VantaaVale's point that the data presented is likely out-of-date.

The Board have tried to claim that every one of those organisations were wrong & they were right.

Tik Tok

it's like a disgruntled anti-board protester burning down Vale Park, and then somebody trying to justify it by saying 'Have you thought why he burned the club down?'

But if the disgruntled anti-board protestor had contacted the club and said that if they didn't mend their ways he was going to burn down Vale Park and he was going to do it on a specific date, don't you think it would be rather negligent of the Board not to at least have the Fire Brigade on hand to prevent it happening?

To carry on the analogy, despite being informed of SEO very clearly, the Board did not call the Fire Brigade, they removed all the fire extinguishers, left the doors open and a couple of cans of petrol in Reception.

The fans do not want to stay away and the Board have it in their power to bring them all back tomorrow - they simply choose not to do so but to carry on working 36 hours a day 9 days a week to fight against their customers.

If there had been no seo campaign the results would have been similar regarding fans staying away, in fact I'd say the crowds have held up well considering the horrendous time we have had since they took control.

I made a promise to myself that I was no longer going to hand money over to pay the wages of Perry Deakin. The hateful gnome made my skin crawl as soon as he appeared at the club and I couldn't understand how others couldn't see it. He is a type.

The fans were clearly unhappy with the board. But that doesn't mean any action against the board/club (i.e. SEO) is actually a good idea. In my opinion, it has made things worse.

Using the same logic, it's like a disgruntled anti-board protester burning down Vale Park, and then somebody trying to justify it by saying 'Have you thought why he burned the club down?'

No its not. That is just stupid. I am depriving the idiots of my money. This is personal. Nothing to do with Port Vale.

No. It is not implying false claims. The data is out-of-date, as indicated by the countdown marked "Until D-Day".

Read my previous post for my opinion why the figures are no longer valid.

Absolutely, the figures have been diluted due to a number of people, myself included, who signed SeO but relented after the statement from the Supporters club.

The club have sold of the catering contracts so that no longer has any effect. The club doesn't seem to have any non match day entertainment, dinners etc so that's no longer considered and I wouldn't buy any of the ***** they sell in the club shop as it's cheap tat and I wouldn't be seen dead wearing any of it.

Not so much SeO they seem to be doing a great job of it themselves.

I made a promise to myself that I was no longer going to hand money over to pay the wages of Perry Deakin. The hateful gnome made my skin crawl as soon as he appeared at the club and I couldn't understand how others couldn't see it. He is a type.

I have to say after forty years I've never stayed away because of the football and I've seen some **** but yes it's the way these crooks have come in and completely taken the **** out of our club, let's hope it's coming to an end very soon.

Northampton

Wimbledon

Crewe

Rotherham

Cheltenham

Crawley

Burton

Aldershot

Torquay

Hereford

Barnet

Morecambe

Macc

Dagenham

Accrington

Exeter

Oldham

Scunthorpe

Walsall

Leyton Orient

Yeovil

Stevenage

Colchester

Bury

Rochdale.........ALL have lower average attendances than us.

Our average attendances over the past few years.....

04-05..... 4820

05-06..... 4683

06-07..... 4628

07-08..... 4351

08-09..... 5487

09-10..... 4747

10-11..... 5281

11-12..... 4784 so far.

You see, in the last 8 years, only in 3 seasons has our average attendance been higher.

We are getting better averages than when we were in league 1!

We also get worst away followings in league 2.

I made a similar thread yesterday which got lost on the transfer embargo thread but i really think this needs highlighting to all the idiots who are blaming SEO for our potential administration.

Get your facts right.

Open your eyes.

Get real.

I am glad you have straightened that out. The next time somebody claims that at least 1000 extra people will go to games as soon as the current board goes will be shot down by everyone on this thread. It's about time the myth of missing support was cleared up. Top Work.

Archived