onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Seo Facts!!

Spunk Trumpet

The fans were clearly unhappy with the board. But that doesn't mean any action against the board/club (i.e. SEO) is actually a good idea. In my opinion, it has made things worse.Using the same logic, it's like a disgruntled anti-board protester burning down Vale Park, and then somebody trying to justify it by saying 'Have you thought why he burned the club down?'

If SEO has made things worse, who's fault is it ?

I'll give you a clue, as you seem to be struggling still :yes: -

The Board were well aware of SEO.

The Board ignored SEO.

The Board did not budget for SEO.

Advert

Totally agree with Tosh on every post. Shame none of his (assumption there) posts have been quoted and replied too, wonder why that is?

No one has been forced to stay away. You can still pay on the gate if you want to go.

Those who don't want to go, wouldn't go if SEO never existed. It's that simple.

To say SEO encouraged people who REALLY wanted to go, to not buy a ST and therefore has cost the club, is daft. If they REALLY wanted to go, didn't buy a ST because of Mo's potential discount, and that discount never happened, surely they would buy a ST at the higher price anyway? Or pay on the gate? Either way they would have given the club MORE money?

The only fault of SEO is that it gave not going to the game a name. Meaning we have to explain the above every week to people who still think SEO is holding people at gun point every home game.

Northampton

Wimbledon

Crewe

Rotherham

Cheltenham

Crawley

Burton

Aldershot

Torquay

Hereford

Barnet

Morecambe

Macc

Dagenham

Accrington

Exeter

Oldham

Scunthorpe

Walsall

Leyton Orient

Yeovil

Stevenage

Colchester

Bury

Rochdale.........ALL have lower average attendances than us.

Our average attendances over the past few years.....

04-05..... 4820

05-06..... 4683

06-07..... 4628

07-08..... 4351

08-09..... 5487

09-10..... 4747

10-11..... 5281

11-12..... 4784 so far.

You see, in the last 8 years, only in 3 seasons has our average attendance been higher.

We are getting better averages than when we were in league 1!

We also get worst away followings in league 2.

I made a similar thread yesterday which got lost on the transfer embargo thread but i really think this needs highlighting to all the idiots who are blaming SEO for our potential administration.

Get your facts right.

Open your eyes.

Get real.

No comment :razz: working day and night to save the club :razz:

I hope SEO has caused this as I am one of them who has put the club first and not been VP all season this is what I wanted and have not enjoyed not going VP. Also I think using the average gate already before the end of the season does not show a true picture as most previous seasons if were playing for nothing less fans go dont know this for sure. What has helped SEO which you cant see is the amount of fans ot using the club shop, not eating and drinking not using the car parks etc etc.

We lost money every season before losing a further 10% gate and what I think is 20% every where else has hopefully broke the camels back.

Positives I cant wait to come back to VP this season or next when the scum have gone!!!!!!!

af1985,

Can i remind you of your previous post :

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thats Entertainment

Which the Board were well aware of.

Which the Board ignored.

Which the Board did not budget for.

Which the Board are now trying to use as a feable excuse.

I dispute none of this

If you dispute none of the above how can you still think it's SEO's fault.... :ohmy:

SEO was not the board's idea. If SEO made things worse, whoever implemented it is responsible.

SEO did not Issue Nil paid shares.

SEO did not give Mr Miller a £150K salary.

SEO did not re-mortgage the ground.

SEO did not fail to pay the council loan.

SEO did not fail to re-pay Harlequin.

SEO did not fail to pay the Taxman.

Who is responsible for that ? ...

Ok ok i own up, it was me. I signed starve em out i havent brought a season ticket its all my fault.

I also didnt stop somebody shooting franz ferdinand to start ww1, and hitler invading poland to start ww2. I didnt stop all them bankers wrecking the economy. My god ive got alot to answer for, Oh well as long as the deluded have somebody to blame.

Was Perry implying innaccuracies in the Sentinel ,strangely no figures though :razz:.

Evening Sentinel July 20 2011 -

Despite continued fans-led opposition to the club's board and last month's dramatic extraordinary general meeting, Deakin remains optimistic about the club's future.

Outlining some of their key commercial achievements since his appointment, Deakin said: "Our commercial success has been absolutely phenomenal considering a ball has not been kicked ahead of the new season.

"We've announced a five-year catering contract with a company called Azure in the last few weeks that will treble the club's income in that area over the next financial year.

"They will provide all our catering services, including for match-days and for our conferencing events business.

"Our match sponsorship business is going extremely well and we have already exceeded last year's hospitality booking numbers.

"I think we've just about sold all of our 30 executive boxes for the new season, which represents a slight improvement on last season.

"We've sold all of our initial advertising board spaces so I had to create a second row of boards in front of the Railway Stand. They have also been sold.

"Those sales have helped us double the entire advertising income we achieved last season. But I can't take the credit for all our new customers because I've got a commercial team that is working very hard to earn success in that area."

af1985, why did you chose to ignore the above post......................you are so quick to critise the SEO compaign but very very very slow to critise the board. Why is that then ?????? :unsure:

Archived