Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert:

25 minutes ago, ItsPricey said:

Where has Whitehead appeared from? Not seen or heard anything about him for weeks on end and he's suddenly in the starting 11? Big night for Rodney and Robinson. Bench looks a bit stronger than it has been.

Last seen doing that superb corner at the Hamil end 🙄

6 minutes ago, TylerB said:

That's an absolutely disgusting starting 11. No fault of Clarke. For all the good work Askey did in his first season at the club, he didn't half undo all of that with some absolute rank signings. That's genuinely the worst 11 I've seen Port Vale put out in a league game. Salford will put 3 or 4 past us if they aren't poor.

Of course DC has to take responsibility for this team selection....Crookes, Robinson and Whitehead when we have Brisley, Scott, Taylor and Cullen on the bench.

it may work but I very much doubt it, DC has not made any impact so far and the teams below us are overtaking us. Things have got to improve quickly!

Advert:

21 minutes ago, TylerB said:

That's an absolutely disgusting starting 11. No fault of Clarke. For all the good work Askey did in his first season at the club, he didn't half undo all of that with some absolute rank signings. That's genuinely the worst 11 I've seen Port Vale put out in a league game. Salford will put 3 or 4 past us if they aren't poor.

You didn't go to Millwall in our relegation season under Sinnott.

Chris Slater

Justin Miller

Kyle Perry

Danny Glover

Paul Harsley

All in the same starting 11.

Advert:

The problem with an 11 like that, which is very defensive, is that fans may expect Monty, Conlon, Gibbo and Rodney to carry the attacking threat and drag the side through. That could well be difficult with 3 centre halves, a holding midfielder, whitehead and Robinson in the team alongside them. 

Had to chuckle when I saw that team selection, knew what some of the reactions on here and social media would be! 😄

Vale fans: 'New manager, let's be positive, get behind the lads, clean slate for everyone'

[Mills, Robinson and Whitehead all selected in the space of 3 days]

Vale fans: 'Christ, we didn't mean a clean slate for them!'

Mills was decent Saturday, maybe Theo and Whitehead have impressed in training and earned a chance too. Not massively confident about the line-up either, but who knows? At least DC is giving everyone a crack, assessing his options; seems fair enough to me. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Advert: