Match Thread: Salford City v Port Vale

Advert:

• Replies 689
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Most of these players are getting away with murder. If there was a crowd in every week by now they would be getting dogs abuse which quite  frankly they deserve, but as things are they just waltz off

I’m afraid Clarke hasn’t shown anything that makes me think he can get us out of this mess however much he talks

After selecting Robinson and Whitehead I don't want to hear any more excuses or Clarke putting the blame on someone else.

Posted Images

Posted (edited)

I think it’s going to be hard for us to create something, we’re going to need Conlon and whitehead getting up in support of the 2 strikers and also get the 2 wingbacks up the pitch too. Throw in the fact that this is a completely different 11 again who have had no real chance to gel together either. 

Edited by PV1973

Advert:

Honestly this worries me that Clarke has given whitehead a go. Bad enough mills and now this. 

Mills played well...

Not saying it will work but he deserves a fair crack under Clarke like Leggey has had.

We know they aren’t fit so need to rotate through this run so let’s see how he does.

Theo is a 1 in 3 striker, he’s not a bad player and again if he’s under contract we may as well try and get a tune. He slots us 1-0 against Cambridge clean through... has Guthrie offered anything more?
  • Like 1

Just now, valefan16 said:

Mills played well...

Not saying it will work but he deserves a fair crack under Clarke like Leggey has had.

We know they aren’t fit so need to rotate through this run so let’s see how he does.

Theo is a 1 in 3 striker, he’s not a bad player and again if he’s under contract we may as well try and get a tune. He slots us 1-0 against Cambridge clean through... has Guthrie offered anything more?

Beg to differ on what Robinson has offered in both spells for us. Guthrie has offered more, at least he wins headers and puts himself about. Theo not a 1 in 3 for us. 

Understand needing to rotate, not sure other sides have to do this. But surely there is a better option than whitehead. Who hasn’t even made the bench under Clarke until today. Mills played OK and straight out of the squad. All very odd

Difference with legge is that he is actually a good footballer. Not like them other clowns. 

Advert:

That's an absolutely disgusting starting 11. No fault of Clarke. For all the good work Askey did in his first season at the club, he didn't half undo all of that with some absolute rank signings. That's genuinely the worst 11 I've seen Port Vale put out in a league game. Salford will put 3 or 4 past us if they aren't poor.

8 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Thought I'd have a look at the odds for Whitehead to score. Skybet don't even have him on there 

He should be working at his local Bet 365. He's no footballer.

2 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Thought I'd have a look at the odds for Whitehead to score. Skybet don't even have him on there 

Request a bet. Whitehead to score first own goal 

5 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Beg to differ on what Robinson has offered in both spells for us. Guthrie has offered more, at least he wins headers and puts himself about. Theo not a 1 in 3 for us. 

Understand needing to rotate, not sure other sides have to do this. But surely there is a better option than whitehead. Who hasn’t even made the bench under Clarke until today. Mills played OK and straight out of the squad. All very odd

Difference with legge is that he is actually a good footballer. Not like them other clowns. 

Here what you saw about Theo , Clarke is a desperate man and is obviously trying anything to get a win. Whilst Theo might not be a 1 in 3, Guthrie is a 1 in 10.

Advert:

Just now, valefan16 said:

Hasn’t Theo got 4 or 5 goals for us in about a dozen games? Excluding the odd 10/15 minutes here and there?

One in the league 

One in the league cup

Two in the micky mouse trophy 

1 minute ago, valefan16 said:

Hasn’t Theo got 4 or 5 goals for us in about a dozen games? Excluding the odd 10/15 minutes here and there?

Goal machine!!