Jump to content

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

I think with the ridiculous squad limits there will be a lot of footballers who have to rethink their careers. 

I think most of those players will be over the age of 30.As it stands there are too many of that age at the Vale.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Smith played 46 league games for us in L1, in a season where if Norman hadn't flogged two of our best players, we would have stayed up. Despite one bonkers and one useless manager., and an acid fuelle

My opinion on this is that what has happened today is what many have been crying out for in an age.  Since Adams left we have promoted from within apart from the Bruno experiment. How many of us

Very sad for Scott Brown and Luke Joyce. They go with my thanks for their efforts. Losing Tom Pope is equally sad but that’s the right decision. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, mr.hobblesworth said:

I'd imagine that many teams will be looking at having their back up keeper as one of the U21s. There are going to be so many players without clubs this summer.

That will put the power back in clubs hands again and surely drive the wages down? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Retain 

Brown as back up , kill two birds with one stone and use as GK coach. Sadly for him that means Ronnie Sinclair released. 

Gibbons, Smith 

Conlon Taylor Hurst

Rodney

Struggling beyond those. No sentiment in football and I hope that Flitcroft and Clarke are ruthless and rightly so. 

Obviously we all differ in opinions and rightly so. 

Seems to me that suddenly Crookes stock has increased amongst fans after a half decent game against Stevenage. I'm very callous but he's nowhere near good enough and prior to Orient I don't think anyone would of kept him. Those two games don't gloss over what he's shown previously. 

Absolutely huge summer and a sad farewell to some big favourites like Pope, Legge and Montano. 

 

Ps Forgot Worrall. 

Edited by darren1810
addition to post
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


37 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Retain 

Brown as back up , kill two birds with one stone and use as GK coach. Sadly for him that means Ronnie Sinclair released. 

Gibbons, Smith 

Conlon Taylor Hurst

Rodney

Struggling beyond those. No sentiment in football and I hope that Flitcroft and Clarke are ruthless and rightly so. 

Obviously we all differ in opinions and rightly so. 

Seems to me that suddenly Crookes stock has increased amongst fans after a half decent game against Stevenage. I'm very callous but he's nowhere near good enough and prior to Orient I don't think anyone would of kept him. Those two games don't gloss over what he's shown previously. 

Absolutely huge summer and a sad farewell to some big favourites like Pope, Legge and Montano. 

What about Wozza? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Brown , Monty , Smith, Gibbons, conlon,Burgess, Taylor, Worrall, Amoo,Hurst,Pope and Rodney

While Pope is nearing the end of his playing career he can still get a goal when played right and deserves to end the season on his terms.

I'd like to hope young players like Bailey may get a professional contract also.

Next summer is huge but we need to end this nightmare of a season first before anything. We'll also need a break away from the torture and pain of seeing Mills and Whitehead playing. I'm sure they're  nice lads but I refuse to believe they are league 2 footballers. Absolutely dreadful 

 

Pope leaving on his terms? He had a big contract off Aspin and has been poor ever since. When they look back Pope will rightly be seen as a legend but one who played in three of the worst vale teams in history. 

It is true he had the great goal at Man City and was very solid during our play off push, but his ban and periods of goal drought at times, has left me convinced he is a man of the past this season. 

He needs to go. Has done little this season. 

Edited by TJHValiant
Added context
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d miss Worrall, Montano and Brown if they left, mainly for nostalgic reasons of past decent efforts.  The rest? Not bothered (we get to keep Rodney as he is under contract, he has been decent). 
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it says something about the importance of the summer retained list that it's already being discussed in February. 😮

There's definitely some big decisions to be made. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


Just now, Rampant Zebra said:

have to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water though...

Very true. I actually thought we did the right thing this season with our stability approach. It seems I and many others were totally wrong. Even so, going to the extreme and kicking everyone out guarantees little 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

Retain 

Brown as back up , kill two birds with one stone and use as GK coach. Sadly for him that means Ronnie Sinclair released. 

Gibbons, Smith 

Conlon Taylor Hurst

Rodney

Struggling beyond those. No sentiment in football and I hope that Flitcroft and Clarke are ruthless and rightly so. 

Obviously we all differ in opinions and rightly so. 

Seems to me that suddenly Crookes stock has increased amongst fans after a half decent game against Stevenage. I'm very callous but he's nowhere near good enough and prior to Orient I don't think anyone would of kept him. Those two games don't gloss over what he's shown previously. 

Absolutely huge summer and a sad farewell to some big favourites like Pope, Legge and Montano. 

How is Legge a fan favourite?

Id literally keep Brisley as back up to a new decent CB rather than him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, WV said:

That will put the power back in clubs hands again and surely drive the wages down? 

Or maybe just drive up the wages of guaranteed starting eleven players as it's it's harder to have a squad of adaptable players. You'll need a striker that can do well against any team rather than having a couple who you rotate.

The National League will be strengthened with cheap League One and Two cast offs though

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Advert:


1 hour ago, TJHValiant said:

Pope leaving on his terms? He had a big contract off Aspin and has been poor ever since. When they look back Pope will rightly be seen as a legend but one who played in three of the worst vale teams in history. 

It is true he had the great goal at Man City and was very solid during our play off push, but his ban and periods of goal drought at times, has left me convinced he is a man of the past this season. 

He needs to go. Has done little this season. 

No room for him or anyone who can’t play every game minus the odd knock / suspension, especially with squad restrictions going forward. Anyone with an injury history shouldn’t be signed / re-signed and I don’t think they will be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

have to be careful not to throw the baby out with the bath water though...

I genuinely think that not one player would come back to bite us significantly if we released the entire squad. Maybe Rodney, MAYBE, but anyone else would just drift around and sink into non-league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 1 said:

No room for him or anyone who can’t play every game minus the odd knock / suspension, especially with squad restrictions going forward. Anyone with an injury history shouldn’t be signed / re-signed and I don’t think they will be.

A footballer who is given a ten game ban and then breaks his arm in a freak accident isn't someone with an injury history. Particularly when they have a decade of 40+ games a season behind them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Reporting Posts and Ignoring Users

    Moderators don't read everything. Don't assume we'll spot rule breaking (e.g. personal abuse) - use the orange report button above a post to alert them.

    If you can't get on with another forum user you can select the "ignore" option. Simply click on the link below, type in their username and save - Click here




×
×
  • Create New...