As average as average can be. Loyal yes but he's no Bobby Moore as lard fans are making out. A row Z defender which is all well and good but never in a million years an England player. 

Not sour grapes because Etherington, Begovic, Huth, Fuller were all decent players. 

Shawcross was a very limited footballer who fitted Pulis perfectly.

That back pass against Palace is a fitting way for me to remember him 

Advert:

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Darrell Clarke says he's a <ovf censored>. Flickers says <ovf censored> Stoke.

Would appear he's leaving Stoke in the coming days. Despite our differences, I'd like to place on record my gratitude to Ryan for providing many great memories for the city. We'll never forg

In these horrific times it’s so good to see the anti Stoke feelings are still prevalent. My faith in humanity is restored. 

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

As average as average can be. Loyal yes but he's no Bobby Moore as lard fans are making out. A row Z defender which is all well and good but never in a million years an England player. 

Not sour grapes because Etherington, Begovic, Huth, Fuller were all decent players. 

Shawcross was a very limited footballer who fitted Pulis perfectly.

That back pass against Palace is a fitting way for me to remember him 

Fuller, Aranutovic, and Bojan were irritatingly good footballers.

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

He's no better than John McCombe but played in a 442 Pulis side with Huth next to him and 4 rottweilers in front of him.

You'd think he'd passed away from the outpouring. Jobbing centre half who stuck at Stoke as no one else was ever going to pay British Sterling for him. Move on.

He was great in the air, as he should be for someone his height, and would put his ugly mug in places where some people wouldn't put their foot. He was an absolute donkey whenever the ball was on the floor though.

• Like 1

What I'd give to be 33 again and spend 2 or 3 years playing football in Miami, assuming his wife wants to go and his kids are young enough viz school.

Miami is one incredible place and South Beach is phenomenal.

Edited by Paul6754

Advert:

Made Pointless as being one of the highest scorers of og’s in the top league in the world. Plus he’s a <ovf censored> played for a <ovf censored> club and he can piss off. Awful player . 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Shawcross appeared to do well playing in a back 6, camped out in their own 18 yard box. Ability wise, a L1/L2 player but thrived with Pulis-ball where no football was ever played.

Bizarrely handed an England call up and was predictably exposed as a fraud.

Shins around the UK can breath a sigh of relief he's gone.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

Apparently his 16 minutes in an England shirt, v Sweden in 2012, won Ryan a big fan, Zlatan Ibrahimovic......😬

Wasn't that the game where he scored a lob from miles out? Zlatan that is, not Ryan! I could be wrong.

Advert:

2 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Wasn't that the game where he scored a lob from miles out? Zlatan that is, not Ryan! I could be wrong.

Overhead kick from the half way line.

Good old Ryan flat on his arse.

It's very easy to stay loyal when nobody comes in for you.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TylerB said:

Ibrahimovic scored all 4 in a 4-2 win - 3 of them after Shawcross came on as sub with about 15 minutes left! (not that I'm saying he was to blame for the 3 goals..........but he probably was! 😆)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CAVALIER said:

In these horrific times it’s so good to see the anti Stoke feelings are still prevalent. My faith in humanity is restored. 

Apparently ,when you go for your Covid jab,people are now being asked if they want the Anti-Lard one as well.I have been reliably informed that there has been quite a large take up.Scientists are very worried that the Lardvirus 21 will spread to the capital,Burslem.

Advert:

Q) How do you make a Stoke fan a slobbering mess?

A - Trick question, they already are from gestation.

Q) How do you make a Stoke fan a Primate-like slobbering mess?

A - Show them an Iceland carrier bag and tell them there's a frozen Horse lasagne inside   

Q) How do you make a Stoke fan an irrationally angry, Primate-like slobbering mess?

A - Show them this picture and ask them to justify their behaviour afterwards 

Image result for shawcross aaron ramsey

4 hours ago, TylerB said:

He scored 3 goals in the 16 minutes Shawcross was on the field. Needless to say Ryan wasn’t picked again.