Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Advert:

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wrote this one off last week as I expected not a lot from this game so to go a goal down and show some character In keeping them out and going on to score a late equaliser shows some grit and determ

Sorry mate but I can’t believe what you’re saying. You say you’re right every single time, well in my opinion you are absolutely wrong in your view of today’s game. Our defence today was ten times bet

Hurst is not the problem and massively unfair to single him out

Posted Images

22 hours ago, connor hackett said:

Is gibbo anywhere near coming in yet? Anybody heard?

I expected him to have some game time on Tuesday night if he was anywhere near ready. Doubt he will be available for selection this week.

3 hours ago, mbycars said:

I expected him to have some game time on Tuesday night if he was anywhere near ready. Doubt he will be available for selection this week.

I think I heard on Saturday, he might be ready for the Warsaw game.

Advert:

On 13/01/2021 at 17:38, connor hackett said:

Is gibbo anywhere near coming in yet? Anybody heard?

Starts back in full training tomorrow, probably FGR is too soon.

Difficult game, no doubt, but FGR have a better away record than home. Second best away record and eighth best home having drawn and lost more than they've won: P11 W5 D4 L2 F14 A10 Pts 19.

Consensus on their fans' forum appears to be we are there for the taking with only one poster predicting a draw. Every chance of an upset in my view but not helped now by the number of players we have out.

It's going to be a real test for Pugh and the players, so good luck to the lads - think they'll need it!

• Like 1

I'll go FGR 1 Vale 1. Would liked to have welcomed Jake back earlier on, but what with a chest infection that has knocked me bandy, I was a bit too poorly to do so. Some of the three main loves in my life are, The Vale, beer and the Missus. And there was great news about 2 of them this week. We secured the signing of an exciting young player despite interest from other Clubs. I look forward to Jake helping to drive Port Vale forward from the engine room again. Welcome home son. As far as beer is concerned, did you read that Watneys have reintroduced the Party Seven. And this time the ale has a decent 4.8% strength. They've stayed true to the 1970s model,  so all you'll need to open the thing is just a screwdriver, a small hacksaw and a mop. UTV

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Advert:

Spent many times getting in a party seven! I seem to remember we used a tap facility with them?

Back on top! A draw at FGR will be a good result. Injuries and poor form are playing havoc at the moment so a solid performance and a point will ensure the weekend will be a happy one.

UTV

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Norfolk Enclue said:

I'll go FGR 1 Vale 1. Would liked to have welcomed Jake back earlier on, but what with a chest infection that has knocked me bandy, I was a bit too poorly to do so. Some of the three main loves in my life are, The Vale, beer and the Missus. And there was great news about 2 of them this week. We secured the signing of an exciting young player despite interest from other Clubs. I look forward to Jake helping to drive Port Vale forward from the engine room again. Welcome home son. As far as beer is concerned, did you read that Watneys have reintroduced the Party Seven. And this time the ale has a decent 4.8% strength. They've stayed true to the 1970s model,  so all you'll need to open the thing is just a screwdriver, a small hacksaw and a mop. UTV

No good news about the Missus?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Norfolk Enclue said:

Party seven! Memories of opening one on a school trip using a penknife and a shoe, back seat of the bus. Didn't have a mop. 😬

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Norfolk Enclue said:

glad to see youve got your priorities in the right order! as for watneys party 7 it was the drink of the devil. (along with Bents bitter).awful stuff.😇:ovf::drink::drunk:

• Like 1

Advert:

Interesting that the injury update on the official Vale website doesn't even mention Manny. Guess he is a way off returning. 

Or he got injured again getting off the physios table.
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, ELDERBEZZA said:

Whatever formation is picked we must sort out that midfield, as we are constantly being overrun for long periods of games, including the Grimsby one.

I'm with you 100%. We have a lightweight midfield and badly need someone with physicality and power. 

We must get the balance of the team right. If we're playing the likes of Hurst, Amoo, Burgess, Cullen, etc. we must have 1-2 lads with real bite and aggression, otherwise we get overrun too easily and lose lots of 50:50s.

I'm sure it would make a big difference to the team if we had a Griffith or a Grant or a Porter in front of the back four.

That's why Oyeleke makes a difference to us - even though I can't remember when he was last 100% match fit! He's such a loss to us.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TheSage said:

I'm with you 100%. We have a lightweight midfield and badly need someone with physicality and power. 

We must get the balance of the team right. If we're playing the likes of Hurst, Amoo, Burgess, Cullen, etc. we must have 1-2 lads with real bite and aggression, otherwise we get overrun too easily and lose lots of 50:50s.

I'm sure it would make a big difference to the team if we had a Griffith or a Grant or a Porter in front of the back four.

That's why Oyeleke makes a difference to us - even though I can't remember when he was last 100% match fit! He's such a loss to us.

I would prefer to bring in a Grant instead of a Centre Half.

• Like 1