Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

2 hours ago, Breadwinner said:

I believe eventually Conlon will be worth 15 million if go by his performances for 60 mins out of 90 ,but increasingly do not like the fact he becomes less and less involved after the 60th odd minute

15 million for Conlon eventually, why not sell him now for 7 million then with a sell on clause ?

• Thanks 1

Advert:

If we have to deselect a player then surely Whitehead is the next candidate. Currently injured, we've got plenty of midfielders and he's gash! 😄

Or, if Manny's injury is yet another long term one,  then maybe he should be deselected?

Pope will at worst be out for two months so he'll be back by mid March, hopefully sooner. Plus he's the best player in the squad, bar possibly Woz and Taylor. 

• Thanks 1

Advert:

Advert:

Even though I understand the 433 / 451 system and the reasons of why might set up like that tomorrow, I have a horrible feeling that we are going to get more of the same as we did under Askey, at times. I.E. having one up - we don’t score enough or create enough chances. Some lovely football played at times but no end product.

I understand the players weren’t playing for Askey, injuries etc. but even last season we never seemed to score that many. But last season we were quite solid at the back.

I know formations are swings and roundabouts but I want us to go take the game to the opposition, even when playing away. I enjoyed watching us play 442 (not just because we won) but because we played a more direct style of getting crosses into the box from the wings with 2 up front, balls into the box etc. We just seemed to look more of a threat. I would rather go 442 initially but revert to 433/451 as and when - like against Grimsby.

Issues with 442 is who to play in the centre midfield? Do we have the midfielders at the club to effectively play this way? Could play 352 but who do we play as wing backs?

• Like 1

Advert: