Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

3 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

2 of your high energy players are out injured mate the team has been announced

Yep, just edited, didn't realise it was team sheet time already! This could be a long afternoon....

Advert:

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wrote this one off last week as I expected not a lot from this game so to go a goal down and show some character In keeping them out and going on to score a late equaliser shows some grit and determ

Sorry mate but I can’t believe what you’re saying. You say you’re right every single time, well in my opinion you are absolutely wrong in your view of today’s game. Our defence today was ten times bet

Hurst is not the problem and massively unfair to single him out

Posted Images

So out of a 22 man squad we have Pope long term injured, Manny made of glass, Amoo, Monty and Wozza who are picking up regular strains/knocks, Gibbo who is returning from long term injury and broke down quickly last time around, Legge and Joyce liable to suspension and a second keeper.  Coupled with that we have Whitehead who should be nowhere near the team!

Options are limited all of a sudden and that’s before any further COVID impact!

Lets hope one or two young players either our own or on loan come through to bolster the numbers

Just now, Bald Eagle said:

So out of a 22 man squad we have Pope long term injured, Manny made of glass, Amoo, Monty and Wozza who are picking up regular strains/knocks, Gibbo who is returning from long term injury and broke down quickly last time around, Legge and Joyce liable to suspension and a second keeper.  Coupled with that we have Whitehead who should be nowhere near the team!

Lets hope one or two young players either our own or on loan come through to bolster the numbers

Apart from that everything is great  😂😂

Advert:

We need to be on it from the off, because we all know that Hurst is gassing after 60 minutes and the options on the bench are somewhat limited. 

I’m afraid I don’t see us getting anything other than a beating today.

Can't argue against the team selection today given the absentees. Hopefully Amoo will get going again today because that front 3 should cause them loads of problems on the counter.

I quite fancy us to come away with at least a point today.

10 minutes ago, Bald Eagle said:

I am getting a bit pissed off with these 'slight knocks' that seem to keep the regular suspects out.

Must be short odds on Amoo not getting through this game especially if he finds it tough against their full back early on. 

Advert:

2 minutes ago, MBE said:

Can't argue against the team selection today given the absentees. Hopefully Amoo will get going again today because that front 3 should cause them loads of problems on the counter.

I quite fancy us to come away with at least a point today.

Hope we don’t sit back and defend and play on the front foot 

• Like 1

Just now, Coyney Valiant said:

Hope we don’t sit back and defend and play on the front foot 

That’s what worries me. The football was poor against an awful Grimsby team and I didn’t see Blunderland but have read that it wasn’t great. If we resort to a long-ball game then the concern is we’ll get overrun in midfield and the defence will buckle.

We're lightweight in the final third and you can't say that's our best defence. but we go with what we've got.

The 3 lads up front must be determined and strong because we have to hold up the ball and show a bit of fight and aggression or we'll keep coming under pressure.

A shame we have so many out injured.

Fingers crossed. Who knows?

Advert:

I like the look of it despite the injuries. Central midfield is as good as we’ve been able to field this season and had Taylor who offers more attacking threat, Amoo obviously depends which mood he is in a bit but if on it with Hurst and Dave up top I don’t think it’s negative at all.

Roll back two weeks and you have Whitehead and Burgess with Joyce!

Defensively need to be on it though.

Down to the bare bones by the look of it with no Wozza or Monty. Let's hope Amoo and Hurst last the distance as there's not much on the bench except for Guthrie. Tough game suddenly got tougher, so let's see what they're made of...

• Like 2