Match Thread: Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Can Breadwinner please tell me how we can fit Conlon, Taylor, Joyce, Worrall, Hurst, Rodney, and Guthrie into the same line up please.

• Like 1

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wrote this one off last week as I expected not a lot from this game so to go a goal down and show some character In keeping them out and going on to score a late equaliser shows some grit and determ

Sorry mate but I can’t believe what you’re saying. You say you’re right every single time, well in my opinion you are absolutely wrong in your view of today’s game. Our defence today was ten times bet

Hurst is not the problem and massively unfair to single him out

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Joe B said:

Can Breadwinner please tell me how we can fit Conlon, Taylor, Joyce, Worrall, Hurst, Rodney, and Guthrie into the same line up please.

It is his much anticipated 2-6-2 formation with Smith as central midfielder.

Only joking VFIA , you put smiles on peoples face at times !! 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

2-6-2 was a favourite of Railwaymen in the past,

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Joe B said:

It's a tough one that but heres my team for tomorrow .

Brown 

Mills Smith Brisley Montano 

Hurst Joyce Taylor Worrall 

Rodney Guthrie 

It's a 4 -4 -2 with emphasis on pressing from the front ,defensive work and getting hold of that ball .

Felt on tues too many players hiding Smith  was not sprinting ,leisurely running back especially on there first goal, Conlon was not in the game at all not effecting it whatsoever and Amoo and Robinson apart from goal kicks from Visser which were too to be headed  on to isolated Robinson who was crowded out it was dreadful stuff in the main till the latter stages in game when Taylor  Cullen entered the fray then we  started play how I expected them play all 90 .

So I'd start with my team then gradually if game going well and everyones at it make changes,its obvious Burgess plays better with Taylor in the team I mean v Man City it was Taylor Burgess and Joyce and they did well all said and done ,so he could enter the fray for Hurst then maybe Cullen also for the striker who is not affecting the game .

Amoo is a match winner but I noticed he as a bit of a stomach at present he needs to buckle down as does that ever absent Oyeleke ,what the hell is up with him ,get yourself out there and prove what a good player you are years ago players played with injuries ,man up .

Looking forward to seeing Guthrie hope he can form a deadly duo with all the 3 strikers .

UTV 

Edited by Breadwinner
Spelling mistakes
  • Like 1

Advert:

Is it time to give Visser a go?  The first 10 mins v Grimbsy  saw free headers from well inside the 6 yard box, unchallenged by Scott Brown - yes, they were both given offside but we need a keeper who can dominate that area... is Visser that man?

I am not suggesting that Brown has not played well this season, (though not as well as last season?) but I would prefer a keeper to command the 6 yd box and not rely on his defenders winning every cross  - and it would help me avoid having kittens every time a deep cross comes in. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

It's a tough one that but heres my team for tomorrow .

Brown 

Mills Smith Brisley Montano 

Hurst Joyce Taylor Worrall 

Rodney Guthrie 

It's a 4 -4 -2 with emphasis on pressing from the front ,defensive work and getting hold of that ball .

Felt on tues too many players hiding Smith  was not sprinting ,leisurely running back especially on there first goal, Conlon was not in the game at all not effecting it whatsoever and Amoo and Robinson apart from goal kicks from Visser which were too to be headed  on to isolated Robinson who was crowded out it was dreadful stuff in the main till the latter stages in game when Taylor  Cullen entered the fray then we  started play how I expected them play all 90 .

So I'd start with my team then gradually if game going well and everyones at it make changes,its obvious Burgess plays better with Taylor in the team I mean v Man City it was Taylor Burgess and Joyce and they did well all said and done ,so he could enter the fray for Hurst then maybe Cullen also for the striker who is not affecting the game .

Amoo is a match winner but I noticed he as a bit of a stomach at present he needs to buckle down as does that ever absent Oyeleke ,what the hell is up with him ,get yourself out there and prove what a good player you are years ago players played with injuries ,man up .

Looking forward to seeing Guthrie hope he can form a deadly duo with all the 3 strikers .

UTV 

Far too sensible, but yeah, decent team. No room for Conlon?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Seamus O'Wye said:

Is it time to give Visser a go?  The first 10 mins v Grimbsy  saw free headers from well inside the 6 yard box, unchallenged by Scott Brown - yes, they were both given offside but we need a keeper who can dominate that area... is Visser that man?

I am not suggesting that Brown has not played well this season, (though not as well as last season?) but I would prefer a keeper to command the 6 yd box and not rely on his defenders winning every cross  - and it would help me avoid having kittens every time a deep cross comes in. 

I too have had issues with Brown's lack of willingness to claim crosses. Chris Neal was a master at it and it was huge for us in tight games, taking pressure off his defenders with some authority.

Brown is a great shot stopper and never makes egregious errors, but a bit more command of his box would be nice.

3 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Far too sensible, but yeah, decent team. No room for Conlon?

No not for me but a very good player when at it but we do not need a floating number 10 tomorrow we need everyone at it all game .

I believe eventually Conlon will be worth 15 million if go by his performances for 60 mins out of 90 ,but increasingly do not like the fact he becomes less and less involved after the 60th odd minute .

A good player bring on though and in home games first on my team sheet away not for me 

• Like 2

Advert:

Whatever formation is picked we must sort out that midfield, as we are constantly being overrun for long periods of games,including the Grimsby one.

I didn’t think we were over run by Grimsby. We took a striker off and went more defensive and offered up possession to Grimsby as we were 2-0 up.

If we had done the same against Tranmere and Walsall when 2-0 up we would be 6 points better off now and in the playoffs.

It depends what kind of possession we giving up I guess !
  • Like 2

Advert:

2 hours ago, darren1810 said:

To be honest with you you defend in there half so a 2-6-2 formation may be a possibility in the future lol anything keep the ball away from our goal UTV 

47 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

To be honest with you you defend in there half so a 2-6-2 formation may be a possibility in the future lol anything keep the ball away from our goal UTV 

Defend in their half ....... Genius sheer genius, wonder if Clippity Klopp Ole and Jose have thought of this ....It could be the future.

52 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

100% start Guthrie tomorrow.

Brown

Mills. Smith. Brisley. Montano. 
Conlon. Joyce. 
Worrall. Taylor. Rodney. 
Guthrie. 

wish gibbons was fit as not a fan of mills at all 

Maybe if injuries force it Guthrie will start, otherwise I’d expect Rodney up front in a 433.  Guthrie only had a short training session with the squad today, although DP said he looks fit enough, so you’d have to think he’ll come on as a sub, if Rodney is fit enough.