To be frank, my only immediate concern is this Saturday and finding XI players who can win this very important game for us.

• Like 2

Advert:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some interesting responses on here to the latest development. I'd like to add some context. In the past TWENTY YEARS we have only achieved a top 7 finish in the league... ONCE. This was under MA

Check out wiki.  He's run the family business with his brother and father for 15 years and has his own football academy.  He's not been "just" a player and manager.  In view of the amount of crit

The meltdown on here is laughable.  Please can someone tell me the success we have had in appointing a manager since Micky left? None. Flitcroft being appointed DoF shows our long term visio

Posted Images

9 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

True but equally Mick McCarthy Is available at 25/1. 

Sinclair. Heskey and Pugh are favourites  because they have recent links to the club. I doubt Carol is going around tipping people off. 

Unlike Keiran Trippier 

8 hours ago, TheSage said:

To be frank, my only immediate concern is this Saturday and finding XI players who can win this very important game for us.

My thoughts exactly,now the power struggle is over all the players will pull in the same direction 🤔🤞. Hopefully, up the Vale.

Advert:

24 minutes ago, bycarspete said:

My thoughts exactly,now the power struggle is over all the players will pull in the same direction 🤔🤞. Hopefully, up the Vale.

Which power struggle was that?

I have no idea who I want, but would be more happy with a young, hungry manager than someone who has done the rounds for the last 10-20 years. However, I find the idea that it’s unpalatable that we have a manager that is new to the job where as it was good enough for the likes of Chelsea, arsenal, rangers, derby etc? 

image.thumb.png.a1a30a8974b5f764ad2140b8aafe1f9e.png

The bookies haven't got a clue - how would they? I doubt they'll have someone hiding in a bush outside the Lorne Street spotting applicants going in for interviews (although they're probably done remotely now which makes it even less likely anyone outside of the club know anything).

Look at some of the names on there! Nigel Pearson? No chance! Michael Brown? No thanks!

At this stage it's merely a random list of out of work managers and people with loose Vale links.

1 hour ago, Andyregs said:

I have no idea who I want, but would be more happy with a young, hungry manager than someone who has done the rounds for the last 10-20 years. However, I find the idea that it’s unpalatable that we have a manager that is new to the job where as it was good enough for the likes of Chelsea, arsenal, rangers, derby etc? 

I'm with you here. There is no right or wrong way and we'll have moaning which ever way we decide to go.

Take Cooper at Swansea who is doing wonders in his first Football League job.

I do feel myself ( despite his appointment at WBA ) that just wheeling out old managers like Allardyce, Pulis, Holloway, Mickey Adams, Adkins is just not very imaginative and a backwards step. Not as we have a chance with 2 of the names mentioned but you'll know what i mean.

Alexander was my preference, the Scottish Premier is a weird one as 99% of the time your ultimate hope is to possibly finish 3rd and hope that Celtic and Rangers draw each other in a cup so there is a chance of a Final every now and again. But that's his choice and probably the lure of going home was too good an opportunity for him to miss. Motherwell and the likes are not that far off our standard as it is .

• Like 1

Advert:

need to sort is out ASAP so they have a few weeks of the window left. Might as well leave it with Pugh for the season if we can’t get the right person in a week or so.

17 hours ago, TJHValiant said:

If it was Frank Sinclair, surely he would have easily assumed charge instead of Pugh? 

Good point tbf. Thanks, that makes me feel better.

image.thumb.png.a1a30a8974b5f764ad2140b8aafe1f9e.png
The bookies haven't got a clue - how would they? I doubt they'll have someone hiding in a bush outside the Lorne Street spotting applicants going in for interviews (although they're probably done remotely now which makes it even less likely anyone outside of the club know anything).
Look at some of the names on there! Nigel Pearson? No chance! Michael Brown? No thanks!
At this stage it's merely a random list of out of work managers and people with loose Vale links.
The amount of people that seem to be in the know at our club is crazy. Can guarantee it will be leaked. Just like the sacking was. Someone even leaked the time we would announce the sacking.
  • Like 1

Two things:

1. Bookies haven't a clue

2. Experienced does not equal good. Inexperienced does not equal bad.

37 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Two things:

1. Bookies haven't a clue

2. Experienced does not equal good. Inexperienced does not equal bad.

1)One of the top 6 in the betting will be the next manager.I will be surprised if it isn’t.

2) Correct but that also depends who it is.

Joe,what you also need to take into account is the leaks that continually come out of VP.

Advert:

Posted (edited)

If Pugh wins a couple of games, it will be Pugh until the end of the season. People seem to be forgetting that as lovely as our owners are, they don't really have a pot to piss in, in regards to investment because they are still paying back to Smurf. We'll have plenty of decent managers applying but it doesn't mean we can get anywhere near to the salary some of them will be asking. Port Vale football club always goes for the cheap option. At best we'll end up with Adams on a short term deal, at worst it will be Pugh or Emile <ovf censored> Heskey!

Edited by TylerB

20 minutes ago, Rampant Zebra said:

Hasn't Alexander gone to Motherwell? 

To be honest I am glad as he wasn’t very respectful to Vale fans when we beat Scunthorpe when he was manager