onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Next Manager

davehartshill

1 hour ago, Jacob_123 said:

Why are you obsessed with the management team that has just left?

Just think a big mistake has been made. Entitled to own opinion and feelings. No confidence in any of the names being mentioned as successors. I mentioned Dave Kevan in jest as there would be two lookalikes on the touchline - him and Gary Brabin.

Advert

Ok il play devils advocate here...

Let’s say it takes 3-4 weeks to go through the process, in the meantime Vale have won 4 league games under Pugh and are playing well... do you stick or twist...

The reason I put this out there is the Tranmere situation. Caretaker comes in, they win 7 or 8 in a row... then hire Keith Hill who I’m sure we’d have been happy with and start dropping again and have been in a fairly poor run since?!

Dawes had Tranmere absolutely flying and got the tune out of them.

18 minutes ago, Nightwish said:

Just think a big mistake has been made. Entitled to own opinion and feelings. No confidence in any of the names being mentioned as successors. I mentioned Dave Kevan in jest as there would be two lookalikes on the touchline - him and Gary Brabin.

So you have no confidence in any names mentioned for manager and then you say what about Brabin ..... errrm ok

10 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Ok il play devils advocate here...

Let’s say it takes 3-4 weeks to go through the process, in the meantime Vale have won 4 league games under Pugh and are playing well... do you stick or twist...

The reason I put this out there is the Tranmere situation. Caretaker comes in, they win 7 or 8 in a row... then hire Keith Hill who I’m sure we’d have been happy with and start dropping again and have been in a fairly poor run since?!

Dawes had Tranmere absolutely flying and got the tune out of them.

As you say thats a tough question but i really dont think we will be waiting that long and Pugh wont get a chance to put a run together unless we win 10 - 0 saturday

Beg , borrow or steal to get the Cowley brothers. It would be the best bit of business that Carol has conducted in many years. Push the boat out, Carol. 
They turned down the first offer of £1.5 million a year at huddersfield. So I doubt they will be coming as nice as it would be

Points taken. Convinced that some signings were behind John's back. No way would McKirdy have fitted into the team style of play . Sinclair apparently was behind Robinson coming to the club and securing a two year wage and (rumoured) £2k a week. Whitehead seemed to be a steady player for Salford and cancelled last year of his contract to join Vale. Clark was brought back against John's wishes (apparently he was being disrespectful at annual awards presentation to him). So many incidences, rumours, skyllduggery.  Really truly feel sorry for the guy. Harshly treated at Shrewsbury where most of players departed after highly successful season (as well as Paul Hurst departing) and he had to bring in 16 players. Left Shrewsbury following home draw against money bags Salford but lasted longer than Hurst did at Ipswich.
Greatly respect John Askey and what he brought to the club. Makes me wonder why there is no clamour here in Sheffield from fans for sacking Chris Wilder with a record of two draws and fifteen defeats. He has the club in his heart and veins and the concensus is to keep him and rebuild.

You can't prove any of those allegations.

Why do Vale fans do this?

Rumours, lies, Chinese whispers.

43 minutes ago, dishydave said:
1 hour ago, Houston Valiant said:
Beg , borrow or steal to get the Cowley brothers. It would be the best bit of business that Carol has conducted in many years. Push the boat out, Carol. 

They turned down the first offer of £1.5 million a year at huddersfield. So I doubt they will be coming as nice as it would be

Indeed. I’m fairly sure Eddie Howe would be tempted at 1.5 million a year! 

42 minutes ago, dishydave said:
1 hour ago, Houston Valiant said:

Too much money for the Vale  probably. Fingers crossed though. 

Archived