onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

Advert

One thing for sure is that Twitter has gone really quiet of late and even Tideswell quietened down a bit. On the other hand, reading on here, several people seem to be in the know, or have had information from players etc. Funny that. I don’t buy it. 
What we do want is a formal announcement from the club, vote of confidence or whatever, let’s face it, we have enough people there to do one, so we all know where we stand. 

Any club would of got rid of there manager in our situation so why havent we? 

we are currently one of the worst teams in the english football league why is nothing being done to change this 
The question is If we had 5 points after the first 10 games would he still be in a job. I've backed the man until I sat through that yesterday

42 minutes ago, Santa said:

From what I've seen of Whitehead so far, I honestly could not tell you what sort of midfielder he's supposed to be. Creative? Holding? Box to box?

He’s not a footballer that’s for sure. Worst player I have seen for years who ever scouted him should be sacked immediately 

Very poor. Askey needs to go to ensure we are playing league 2 football next season.

Barrow are crap. Yet they beat us easily. We didnt have a shot on target.

The performance was summed up by that corner that didn't even make it to the penalty area.

<ovf censored>.

Askey out.

If the man had any decent about him he should resign before he completely ruins this club. It’s been diabolical for some weeks and he should have gone against Stevenage. I though that was the worst I have seen vale play period. However yesterday was a new level against one of the worst football league sides I’ve seen. They were a dreadful side with a cart horse up top and they beat us with ease. Askey signings are tragic and he needs to go before we sign more players like whitehead in January. 

release all the dead wood ASAP just get them off the wage bill. 

I’ve said a few times recently how much I dislike this side. Yesterday topped it. I understand if we’re crap but come on show a bit of desire. Even pope was moping around the pitch. Embarrassing to watch. That clown in midfield should be sacked off for that corner alone. 

Askey either needs to have some decency and resign or be sacked ASAP. At least you were right though carol we won’t be finishing 8th this season!!

1 minute ago, Vale1995 said:

We have now arguably gone backwards since askey took charge in terms of squad strength and how we are playing at that takes some serious doing

Add in to the fact that all the key players he inherited are now in their mid 30s and showing noticeable signs of degradation, and we have the oldest starting lineup in the division. 

Don't for get Carol has another company to look after it could be taking up her time trying to keep that work force going she has to pay vale players and back room staff with no income coming in aiso  staff at her other company where the work may be slowing down on top of that paying the blue one his share i can not see him saying it's all right you can miss this payment  he will want is money or take the club back 

I heard from more than one source from within the club that he did not decide to leave of his own accord, Askey wanted him out of the club because his attitude and behaviour around the place was becoming disruptive. I’d back any manger for that decision if it’s for the good of the group, we can’t have players like that in the camp. 

I agree on the previous Legge comment from someone, I too see no issue with him encouraging his team mates and shouting instructions when he was warming up. Good to see that someone cares. 
He may have been asked to do it as he can go down the line to them where as the management can't

Archived