onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Barrow

Fosse69

Can i raise a point where has anyone got any proof that mckirdy is causing problems. Nobody has any proof of this there isnt and from what ive heard he gets on with all the lads but askey hasnt took a shine to him which is not mckirdys fault. People saying a player is causing massive disruption with the dressing room but there is no evidence of that. I tell you right now if mckirdy is such a problem there is no chance he would of been on the bench today

Advert

27 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

Can i raise a point where has anyone got any proof that mckirdy is causing problems. Nobody has any proof of this there isnt and from what ive heard he gets on with all the lads but askey hasnt took a shine to him which is not mckirdys fault. People saying a player is causing massive disruption with the dressing room but there is no evidence of that. I tell you right now if mckirdy is such a problem there is no chance he would of been on the bench today

I’ve heard rumours of his antics during training from more than one credible source at the club and that it has totally pissed Askey off. I trust these people 100%. But personally I don’t believe for one minute that’s the reason why we are playing poorly and why players are making individual mistakes. But it does point to why that player isn’t being used during league games. Today was crying out for something different and creative, but  it never materialised. To me that says it all. 

2 hours ago, CambridgeDon said:

I think he could be persuaded to come, not just for the money but also because Vale have far more potential than Morecambe. We're a club under excellent owners with ambition and Adams could be part of that in a way that Morecambe couldn't match.

Out of interest, I just read his CV on wiki and it's as good or better than most you would find in the lower leagues. He has had some outstanding successes and far, far more than Askey:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Adams

It has changed my perception of him for the better - he would be an excellent candidate.

Completely agree. If I could articulated your post myself, then I would have written it verbatim. 

Can someone break down why Harry McKirdy training poorly has made Nathan Smith half the player he was last year?

Of how a player either on the bench or sat at home can make this team consistently bottle leads? I didn't see him mess up against Walsall. I doubt Leon Legge was preoccupied as 4 goals flew in, remembering that lazy sprint McKirdy did in training. I don't think we played rubbish today because Luke Joyce simply cannot bear conflict at the workplace. 

It's just a nonsensical argument. "We're playing badly because a player/s and his/their boss have fallen out". What is this, primary school? Get on with it. Win games of football. 

Taking away the fact that Askey should be dealing with it/shouldn't have let it manifest in the first place, it really doesn't excuse this run of form. Neither does the 'it's tough with no fans' rubbish. 

2 minutes ago, Joe B said:

Can someone break down why Harry McKirdy training poorly has made Nathan Smith half the player he was last year?

Of how a player either on the bench or sat at home can make this team consistently bottle leads? I didn't see him mess up against Walsall. I doubt Leon Legge was preoccupied as 4 goals flew in, remembering that lazy sprint McKirdy did in training. I don't think we played rubbish today because Luke Joyce simply cannot bear conflict at the workplace. 

It's just a nonsensical argument. "We're playing badly because a player/s and his/their boss have fallen out". What is this, primary school? Get on with it. Win games of football. 

Taking away the fact that Askey should be dealing with it/shouldn't have let it manifest in the first place, it really doesn't excuse this run of form. Neither does the 'it's tough with no fans' rubbish. 

All the mckirdey nuisance training rumours do is back up why he hasn’t been in with a sniff of getting on the pitch. Everyone else’s individual errors during match days are  down to themsleves alone, no one else. 

I think the owners are being quiet because there is nothing to say..... nothing positive that is..... which is a welcome change from previous owners spouting crap and bile to make themselves look good.

Their style seems to be practical and positive in the public eye which is another refreshing improvement on previous owners.

I think that behind the scenes things may be a little different.

Well from what ive heard that mckirdy is not happy with his game time and him and askey have not seen eye to eye on that which if you want to criticise a player for wanting to play more then fair enough, but i have heard from 2 players who i know that he gets on with all the players and has not caused a rift between them. Him and askey are not on good terms tho but people using this as a reason for us not playing well are delusional

Just now, Vale1995 said:

Well from what ive heard that mckirdy is not happy with his game time and him and askey have not seen eye to eye on that which if you want to criticise a player for wanting to play more then fair enough, but i have heard from 2 players who i know that he gets on with all the players and has not caused a rift between them. Him and askey are not on good terms tho but people using this as a reason for us not playing well are delusional

He is not a player that suits askey due to his defending ability therefore has struggled to get any game time people are so quick to judge a book by its cover if he was causing such a big problem there is no way he would be anywhere near the first team and match day squad. He is simply not playin because he is a million miles away from a player that suits the askey way of a playing.

Just now, Vale1995 said:

He is not a player that suits askey due to his defending ability therefore has struggled to get any game time people are so quick to judge a book by its cover if he was causing such a big problem there is no way he would be anywhere near the first team and match day squad. He is simply not playin because he is a million miles away from a player that suits the askey way of a playing.

seen so many comments calling him a idiot and on that ale and vale podcast your basing that opinion on no evidence. Literally basing it on chinese whispers when in fact from the players i know is not true at all. 

12 minutes ago, Nightwish said:

Encouraging to see that someone at least seems to care.

Agreed. Whatever differing opinions and views we post on OVF is simply because we love the Vale and care for our Club. Still feeling pained by the Barrow game, but having necked the Missus's  New years Eve bottle of Bailey's while she's away on a night shift, has helped soothe my worried brow. I'll pay for it when she finds out. Any replies to this post please address to the A&E department, North Norfolk Hospital. 

25 minutes ago, Norfolk Enclue said:

Agreed. Whatever differing opinions and views we post on OVF is simply because we love the Vale and care for our Club. Still feeling pained by the Barrow game, but having necked the Missus's  New years Eve bottle of Bailey's while she's away on a night shift, has helped soothe my worried brow. I'll pay for it when she finds out. Any replies to this post please address to the A&E department, North Norfolk Hospital. 

ICU .?

How long does this power struggle have to go on ,its obvious to me the manager has lost the players but has still got Carol's backing .

I do not get it so a fellow supporter of Vale is she  ok with what's happening on the pitch  (surely she cannot be accepting of these results and yesterday's performance was disgrace or have payments to  the blue one crippling us and is Askey under orders lose most games to cause a rumpus as the fans ain't going react well to it are they defeats galore then the fans will be the ones to blame as we are deemed giving grief when thars not the case at all .

THE CASE IS WHERE has the pride to play for vale gone yesterday was atrocious dress it up how you want no desire no commitment, no nothing ,so as a concerned fan I'm asking and i want  some answers is what the hell is going on .

9 minutes ago, Breadwinner said:

How long does this power struggle have to go on ,its obvious to me the manager has lost the players but has still got Carol's backing .

I do not get it so a fellow supporter of Vale is she  ok with what's happening on the pitch  (surely she cannot be accepting of these results and yesterday's performance was disgrace or have payments to  the blue one crippling us and is Askey under orders lose most games to cause a rumpus as the fans ain't going react well to it are they defeats galore then the fans will be the ones to blame as we are deemed giving grief when thars not the case at all .

THE CASE IS WHERE has the pride to play for vale gone yesterday was atrocious dress it up how you want no desire no commitment, no nothing ,so as a concerned fan I'm asking and i want  some answers is what the hell is going on .

I cant speak for Carol.....

However I would imagine there are several factors to consider..... I would also imagine one of the big factors to consider are the financial consequences and implications given the present circumstances.

Archived