January transfer window

2 hours ago, Joe B said:

I will say that Jake Taylor is not the be all and end all that some make him out to be. 

Joe, I thought that Jake gave us energy that I struggle to remember anyone else doing for sometime. He also motivated Burgess who now looks lost. Together they formed a partnership that  allowed Joyce more time on the ball as a holding midfielder which in turn took the pressure of our defence, which meant that we weren’t leaking the number of goals that we have this season. Also capable of scoring an important goal

• Like 7

Advert:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terrific signing. Just what we want.Young striker with pace. Looks good in the air. Scores goals with both feet. Been around a couple of seasons, so knows what to expect.To me there is more optim

Joe, I thought that Jake gave us energy that I struggle to remember anyone else doing for sometime. He also motivated Burgess who now looks lost. Together they formed a partnership that  allowed Joyce

The Pope question will need to be answered sooner or later.   with the salary cap (he will count as the average salary not what he is actually earning) then we may struggle to improve on him, but if

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Joe, I thought that Jake gave us energy that I struggle to remember anyone else doing for sometime. He also motivated Burgess who now looks lost. Together they formed a partnership that  allowed Joyce more time on the ball as a holding midfielder which in turn took the pressure of our defence, which meant that we weren’t leaking the number of goals that we have this season. Also capable of scoring an important goal

Jake Taylor is by far the best loan forward player Vale have had for yonks and if there is money available Vale should sign him. We have an interim manager in Danny Pugh and if he wants him sign him. If Pugh doesn't end up Vale's manager what new manager wouldn't want a skilful midfield player who can score goals

I doubt Vale would be in this current situation if JA would have signed Taylor instead of Whitehead. Add a few Taylor goals during this bad run and Vale would be mid table. In addition to what you post the two qualities that Vale desperately miss from Taylor is  his ability to ghost into the box and score and his shooting ability from outside the box, I remember two beauties vs Orient and Swindon.

50 minutes ago, Paul6754 said:

Jake Taylor is by far the best loan forward player Vale have had for yonks and if there is money available Vale should sign him. We have an interim manager in Danny Pugh and if he wants him sign him. If Pugh doesn't end up Vale's manager what new manager wouldn't want a skilful midfield player who can score goals

I doubt Vale would be in this current situation if JA would have signed Taylor instead of Whitehead. Add a few Taylor goals during this bad run and Vale would be mid table. In addition to what you post the two qualities that Vale desperately miss from Taylor is  his ability to ghost into the box and score and his shooting ability from outside the box, I remember two beauties vs Orient and Swindon.

Depends on the player and what the Vale think he is worth, and any other offers he or his agent gets.

Advert:

I tend to agree with the thinking that if Taylor had been here all season and got only 3-4 goals then we might be further up the table.

He isn't the finished article and is certainly not a powerful, physical presence that we also perhaps need in midfield, but he'd be starting most games for me and his eye for goal would be invaluable.

I'm hoping we're in with a chance. He liked it here but of course money talks and if a club closer to home wants him......

6 hours ago, Paul6754 said:

Unfortunately it wasn't only up to JA, his agent obviously had a say in him signing for a rival club.

• Like 2

If we can sign Taylor on a reasonable contract then I would absolutely do so.

However, I wouldn't break the bank for him. 

A midfield of Conlon, Taylor and a powerful destroyer-type player would be very good for L2 level.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, SalfordValiant said:

Kurtis Guthrie and Ben Richards-Everton both seem likely to leave Bradford this month, both have impressed me in the past and I would be happy if we made a move for the pair.

Yes, I like Richards-Everton. Guthrie I've never been enamoured by, but accept he's an upgrade on what we have. His wages are reportedly extortionate, though.

Advert:

19 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

A midfield of Conlon, Taylor and a powerful destroyer-type player would be very good for L2 level.

We need to recruit a destroyer urgently. We cannot continue to learn on Joyce, hoping he can perform well every week.

• Like 3

Grimsby interest in Taylor according to Sentinel

23 minutes ago, osprey said:

You’d have to hope we could compete with Grimsby financially but obviously removing Askey will have cost us money.  However much this is it’s money we can no longer spend on players.

7 minutes ago, Guitar Ray said:

You’d have to hope we could compete with Grimsby financially but obviously removing Askey will have cost us money.  However much this is it’s money we can no longer spend on players.

Same for Grimsby though they’ve just bought in a new manager. Regardless we should be able to compete with Grimsby as you say 

• Like 1

Just now, valiant_593 said:

Same for Grimsby though they’ve just bought in a new manager. Regardless we should be able to compete with Grimsby as you say 

True enough, I forgot about that!

Advert:

2 hours ago, osprey said:

Assume they still have the Covid clause in contract which Holloway banged on about. That may work against them again

6 hours ago, Guitar Ray said:

I don't think money will be an issue, I think its the uncertainty. 

If it was me and a club without a manager wanted to sign me I would not want go to until I knew who the new manager was, how he was going to play and if HE wanted me.