onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Tranmere Rovers

Fosse69

Advert

3 minutes ago, boslemportvale91 said:

Don't know if its because we're in lockdown or vale fans can't go to the games but whenever vale lose lately it brings out the worse aggression in some fans. Which is really disappointing. 

Not just this forum but the social media sites as well. All becomes toxic with people having the need to get personal and throw out insults because someone disagrees with their opinion. I'm sure most fanbases are like this as well.

Today was a bad result. No mistake about it but its not panic time yet. 

Have a beer ,stick some music on and we go again Tuesday. 

Keep the faith.

try dylans murder most foul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can see a loss against Scunny coming a mile off. Our players won't pick themselves up, and since when do we ever do well on a Tuesday evening? Win on Tuesday and I'll ask for my username be changed to 'Numpty', that's how sure I am we're getting beat.

I thought Askey got it spot on today. I thought we played really well and were in complete control until the sending off. We were unlucky and fair play to Tranmere who scored two good late goals. The refereeing was terrible but surely we are used to that. 

I cant agree with that. I thought Tranmere were the better team throughout the game. We were never in control as can be seen from the possession and shots.

Askey is the right man for the job but I need to see more from the players to boss the game more and not to give away the ball cheaply.

27 minutes ago, Properman said:

Plenty, stopped them scoring and got booked many a time. Got sent off a couple of times. BUT NEVER FOR SOMETHING POINTLESS

So in that situation you would have stepped back and made no attempt to stop the run? 

Why did you get sent off by the way - I bet it was for arguing?!!

39 minutes ago, Sandyford_Lion said:

I agree but the sending off was part of the game. You cannot just lie back and lose. You have to react.  Just as important an issue was the conditions. I think the players tired very quickly and Tranmere forced us back. This is when you need help when you do eventually get the ball away from your own box.

Step up Rodney. Sorry not for me. He is poor.     I know he scored but i am more concerned with his performance to help the team out. He has to fight. He has to win the ball and hold it. He was too weak and didnt die for the cause, not for me.

“Just part of the game”? “Lie back and lose”? Hell man the sending off completely altered the game.  Tranmere were already dominating position up until that point but we’d pretty much contained them to a couple of dangerous crosses and the odd free kick.  We’d had a lot of joy with our high press first half but with 10 men we could no longer play that game, so Tranmere had more and more of the ball.  We got pushed back.

After the sending off we’re trying to press when the ball entered our half and play them on the break, and it nearly paid off.  Unfortunately we tire as the game wears on as we constantly chase the ball.  Bingo.  And all that is without factoring in the ref, but for me the sending off was as clear as it gets.

In fairness, their last goal was worthy of winning any game.

After today's game I started to get the feeling of deja vu and that we concede a LOT of late goals under Askey.

With nothing else to do, I decided to looks through some stats.

During the 18/19 games - we conceded 3 from 28 during the last 10 mins of a game (11%)

During the 19/20 games - we conceded 9 from 44 during the last 10 mins of a game (20%)

This season - we've conceded 3 from 11 during the last 10 mins of a game (27%)

It's a stat that seems to be getting worse. Obviously not all of the late goals are significant but a good number of them were.

Why can't we seem to manage games better and see games out?

Why not bring an extra CB on today to try and see the last 6 mins out (and waste a bit of time)? We had another sub to make, surely you'd do this?! 

20 minutes ago, ClntonBoulton said:

Well.....<ovf censored> the bed as they say! I'm not as angry as last week's submission that's for sure but that was one strange game. 

Thought our penalty was soft but swings and roundabouts and all that. Then we score an absolute belter of a set piece move.....I can't remember us ever scoring one straight from the training ground like that. 2-0 up but they're still a threat and will probably finish up around the play-offs if not automatic spots.

Then Joycey gets sent off and we're dead in the water in my mind. I'm unsure still but you could see he was going to be late but the telling thing for me was, as someone has already pointed out, he couldn't get the card out quickly enough. He didn't give himself any time. from then on I thought we'd be lucky to get a point if they scored quickly and so they did. Tin hat on now but I'm not sure Popey is fouled, I think he trips himself up but given some of the decisions the ref had already made I couldn't believe he waved play on. (Smithy then loses Vaughan who scores.) Not a clue what their penalty is for as Leggey seems to attempt to make a block.

Rodders scores a beauty but there's still 15 minutes left so I'd be grateful for a point......Smithy makes a mistake to give them the equaliser on 93. Did anyone notice how their 3rd goal started when Rodders showed his naivety just inside their half? It needed belting down into a corner.....in fact Wozza, I think, was in acres of space having busted a gut to there but Rodders lost the ball and they built from there.

Oh well another Satdee night ruined but not as badly as last week and at 2-0 with 11 men each the points are ours. For me Vale Park is too big to sit in defence with only 10 men for over half an hour so I couldn't see us getting anything out of the game but we woz robbed in the end......where did he get 6 minutes from?  

Conlon was cheating. maybe we got what we deserved in the end. NEVER a pen. He deliberately played the leg of the defender and went over. OK we have it done against us i know but we dont like it and we hope that team loses everything. Next ref might book Conlon.

Brilliant second goal for us. Especially the 4 vale players who hold off and block the defenders from moving towards the ball. We finally got one of those after plenty against us. Next ref might give foul against us.

Sending off. Both feet were not off the ground but it was high. We cannot complain. The ref gave decision before Tranmere players influenced him.

Tranmere first. Agree with C.B. that maybe Pope was not fouled. Did he stumble. Tranmere player stepped back and if there was contact it would have needed 5 mins of VAR to spot it. More importantly Crooks let his man go free. Vaughan made the run and Crookes let him go. Smith was in front of Crookes but Smith had his eyes on the other forward. Next ref could easily have given the foul.

Legge unlucky for the pen but maybe he did make contact with the player. Ref seemed to be looking though a few players. Next ref may not give a penalty.

Nice header from Rodney for his goal to be fair.

Smith either very tired or poor judgement for his attempted headed clearance. Crookes did leave a man wide but he had to move in towards another striker nearer to goal. Worral was free but didnt have time to cover for Crookes moving inside. It was Legge who stood ball watching without a man in the middle.

The winner. Hard to stop them.

30 mins on that heavy pitch , in those conditions took its toll i think. A few mistakes from key players who usually dont let us down.  Another day, another ref and who knows. Great game though and like i said after last Saturday, i hope we can bounce back and soon.

Chance for someone now to stake a claim in midfield without Joyce. Still not sure of who will score goals from up front or out wide. Thats Askey's job and what he is paid for. They are all his players. He has enough of them. He said he is happy with a well balanced squad, so go out and make them a team

7 minutes ago, TylerB said:

I can see a loss against Scunny coming a mile off. Our players won't pick themselves up, and since when do we ever do well on a Tuesday evening? Win on Tuesday and I'll ask for my username be changed to 'Numpty', that's how sure I am we're getting beat.

I'm looking forward to the 3 points Numpty😀

Having calmed down a bit, I can imagine the Ref driving down the M1 thinking he had had a good game, some big decisions and I didn't choke on any of them, the only problem though is the big decisions he did make our penalty I thought Conlon bought it, their first goal there was a foul on Pope before hand and he had his card out before their lad hit the deck, their penalty was dodgy and his adding 6 minutes on at the end was bewildering.

He will think he had a good game I thought he fell short.

Archived