onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Port Vale v Tranmere Rovers

Fosse69

Think that’s my point though, as Pope says in his column, they will play very differently int he league career in the first round of the cup trying to get an upset smash and grab win.

Yeah agree with you, point i was making, we couldn't break them down, similar to Harrogate, and Morecambe. I think we've got the players in Robinson and Cullen, JA just needs to find a system that brings the best out them. We could have Mbappe and Neymar upfront, but if we don't supply them, and bring them into the game its pointless.
On a positive note, once we work it out, we will charge up this league, roll on Tuesday.

Advert

Felt the guys really tried and put a shift in today. Those calling for Askey to resign........seriously? Have you got a short memory or have you not been supporting the Vale very long?  Cannot you not remember the garbage that we have had to put up with for the last few years under Brown, Ribiero or even further back under  Sinnott and Glover?  I thought Askey got it spot on today. I thought we played really well and were in complete control until the sending off. We were unlucky and fair play to Tranmere who scored two good late goals. The refereeing was terrible but surely we are used to that. 

The game reminded me a little bit of a match in the 1990s when we played Charlton at home. Not sure of the exact season but we lost 0-2 put the lads were really unlucky and put a great performance in. The team gave it their all today and we move on to the next game. 

We need stability at the club which Carol and John Askey are giving us. Chopping and changing will get us fighting relegation to the conference again. 

Awful defending is why we lost today, nine men behind the ball and not one player closing down. Sitting back and inviting pressure. Our game management was and for some reason always has been awful, especially at home. Camping on the edge of our own box and constantly hoofing it over the half way line for it to come straight back at us. The sending off is a stonewall red card in today's game.. Studs up, shin high and gave the ref no choice but to issue red. We were winning defensive headers but had no sense of direction or positioning, heading back into the box on more than one occasion, the third goal a perfect example. Yes the ref was poor but he was equally poor for both sides with some baffling decisions. Legge always has a clumsy tackle in him. We are not clinical enough upfront. Don't know what Cullen needs to do to get a game. I think he could have made the difference today. Everybody knows how Vale play now (especially if Pope starts) and we've been sussed with no real plan B if things aren't going our way. When things click its excellent to watch but today was just one of those days when it didn't. I'm a big Askey fan but today was poor all round the board (apart from the clever corner routine which was really nicely done and completely unexpected!). The better team won today and Tranmere sensed blood from a tiring side and went for the kill. Fair play. A disappointing result and performance but a chance to right some wrongs on Tuesday and make a couple of changes. 

8 minutes ago, rider1308 said:

Well jack51 who’s the person behind a username !!!!!! You don’t know me and YOU come across as an a nabobe. (Look it up fella !!!). So please don’t try and be clever. We’re at both opposite ends of the spectrum!!!!! 

It's jacko51 by the way.  I have to admit I'm happy I don't know you.  I looked up nabobe - it's not in my dictionary I'm afraid.

8 minutes ago, rider1308 said:

Well jack51 who’s the person behind a username !!!!!! You don’t know me and YOU come across as an a nabobe. (Look it up fella !!!). So please don’t try and be clever. We’re at both opposite ends of the spectrum!!!!! 

I don't need to look it up to know what YOU are. And she is a lady - one that has supported Vale home and away for years.

If you shared her record you would have done well. I'm guessing you don't. 

Don't know if its because we're in lockdown or vale fans can't go to the games but whenever vale lose lately it brings out the worse aggression in some fans. Which is really disappointing. 

Not just this forum but the social media sites as well. All becomes toxic with people having the need to get personal and throw out insults because someone disagrees with their opinion. I'm sure most fanbases are like this as well.

Today was a bad result. No mistake about it but its not panic time yet. 

Have a beer ,stick some music on and we go again Tuesday. 

Keep the faith.

Just now, boslemportvale91 said:

Don't know if its because we're in lockdown or vale fans can't go to the games but whenever vale lose lately it brings out the worse aggression in some fans. Which is really disappointing. 

Not just this forum but the social media sites as well. All becomes toxic with people having the need to get personal and throw out insults because someone disagrees with their opinion. I'm sure most fanbases are like this as well.

Today was a bad result. No mistake about it but its not panic time yet. 

Have a beer ,stick some music on and we go again Tuesday. 

Keep the faith.

Post of the season

Great words 

Archived