Transfer Rumours Pre-Season

A lot of you seem to be wilfully ignoring the fact that Carlisle fans in fact didn’t “love him” for being a tosser. He actually had running arguments with some of them during games! It’s all over their local news sites and fans forum. 

I don’t want another delusional narcissist like Burge. If Askey can handle him then fine but everything about McKirdy screams disruption and attention seeking. 

This gesture was towards his own fans only a few weeks after signing! 

10867514?type=responsive-gallery-fullscr

• Like 1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing wrong with getting just a little carried away at the moment,  as long as we all remember that it's The Vale we're talking about. But then again this is the New Vale and it feels amazing,  even

People make me laugh on this website , slagging a player off who wants to play for port Vale while lording over Maynard who doesn't . Seen his you tube interview where he states he and the club are in

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Doha said:

A lot of you seem to be wilfully ignoring the fact that Carlisle fans in fact didn’t “love him” for being a tosser. He actually had running arguments with some of them during games! It’s all over their local news sites and fans forum. 

I don’t want another delusional narcissist like Burge. If Askey can handle him then fine but everything about McKirdy screams disruption and attention seeking. 

Probably thought he was still big time because he came from Villa. Now he has had a full season in league 2 and realising his antics have had a knock on effect that no clubs have offered him a contract, he might have changed his ways. Also, if his family live in Stoke, he won’t want to $hit on his own doorstep. That’s my optimistic view anyway 😄

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Doha said:

At the end of the day, it’s now or never for him. He’s worth the risk. 

• Like 1

Personally I don’t think he is worth the risk. I’m not that bothered about his diving on the field. I’d prefer he didn’t but that’s not the issue. 

As doha has posted he isn’t liked at all by previous clubs. He’s not that kind of player you hate until he plays for your club and then then everyone loves him. He’s not a liked person and is a real bad egg in the changing rooms. 

Personally id move away from him given his history. We aren’t in a position where we have to look at players like this. 

Clearly if we sign him askey must think he has or has the potential to change his attitude. If he can change he would be an excellent addition. Still for me we have a good group of lads and this might be too big a risk for the sake of one player. We don’t want another lunatic like burge. 

This isn’t a player who you can compare to Anthony grant because grant goes down easily and wins free kicks. IMO McKirdy plays the game in entirely the wrong spirit, its not only his outrageous diving, but his antics when things don’t go his way towards the crowd, fellow players and fans. That stuff really rubs me up the wrong way. This also isn’t a player who all of a sudden became a big time Charlie because he thinks he was a big fish in a little pond at Carlisle. I’ve come across him at school, town, academy and pro levels and he has been no different in how he “plays” the game, he has always had that attitude about him. Will he have really changed in the last 6 months? Maybe Askey will think he will tow the line if he signs? I hope so because bad news about players attitudes travels fast between players and managers and he may not have many chances thrown his way if he doesn’t change. 

Edited by PV1973
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, DistantVale said:

Some ridiculous posts on here, he's a good player get him in ! 

Once signed its up to the manger make him tow the line ,   

That’s the ridiculous post mate. What’s the point in signing someone who could potentially ruin the spirit in the dressing room? He is a bad influence and a <ovf censored> on the pitch. (And off). There are other good players out there and potentially loans as well. Unless askey is convinced re his attitude id stay well clear. 

10 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

That’s the ridiculous post mate. What’s the point in signing someone who could potentially ruin the spirit in the dressing room? He is a bad influence and a <ovf censored> on the pitch. (And off). There are other good players out there and potentially loans as well. Unless askey is convinced re his attitude id stay well clear. 

We are fans , how do you know he could ruin the spirit, how do you know what happens in the Vale dressing room ?  How do you know he is a bad influence , because you have read it or someone like yourself has created a fanciful post and has tried to past it on as gospel ! Get yourself down the games and support the team ,  leave the decisions to the professionals ! 🙂        

10 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

Edited by DistantVale
  • Like 2

DistantVale is already well acquainted with McKirdy having watched him in home games at Gresty Road.

On 13/10/2019 at 15:44, DistantVale said:

The difference between us and Crewe is firstly they have a plan, they have an academy and they have stuck with it through thick and thin , and secondly they have a good manager who recruits very well. Blackdog names the young players, but they also have an experienced strong spine of the team with Hunt Green, Powell ,and Porter who would all get into our team. Its hurts to praise them, but its football and sometime you have step back and admit they are doing well simply because they are organised !        

On 19/10/2019 at 17:41, DistantVale said:

Is the squad decent though, look at the squads that Bradford and Crewe have , they've bags of experience and have played at higher levels mingled in with young players who can get round the pitch. Our players move like they are in treacle !     

On 27/10/2019 at 22:09, DistantVale said:

I was quite impressed with your run down on the Crewe team until you admitted that you’re not even going the game . ! #armchairfacts. No thanks 🙏 

On 15/01/2020 at 15:16, DistantVale said:

[Max McClellan leaving] Going to Crewe

On 28/01/2020 at 16:49, DistantVale said:

How do you know we have a bigger budget than Crewe or Cheltenham... Crewe have Green , Powell , Chris Porter in their team  , they won't be on peanuts ! 

Was Smurthwaite really that bad ?

Even as a Vale fan I can see this was just sour grapes that was festered by mark porter on radio stoke  on his way home from the match ! Grow up children ! 

On 19/10/2019 at 17:44, DistantVale said:

Trust me the black and yellow brigade will be arranging fan marches again by Easter !  

I think its going to be another season when we finish in the bottom 8!

We will be lower than 16th at the end of the season 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

McKirdy strikes me as a lad who's easily led. If you've got good leaders, he might keep on the straight and narrow. Unfortunately we had Webster/Collin as main leaders during his time here.” 

That quote has been taken from Carlisle’s forum. They talk about the lack of leaders in their side last season. Taking a quick look at our squad, we have the likes of Legge, Brown, Pope, Joyce. Four seasoned professionals who could keep the lad on the straight and narrow. Then we have a manger in John Askey, who as we have seen before, takes no sh*t. Just look at the likes of Rawlinson, Miller, Hannant and Whitfield, they were all released at the end of the season for various reasons. If Askey feels like he could control McKird, then I 100% trust his judgement. As I’ve said previously, McKirdy is clearly a talented player who could be the missing piece of the puzzle. His goal contributions in a poor Carlisle side are certainly impressive. With only one space on each wing, we could potentially have Wozza, Amoo, Monty, McKirdy and Hurst to battle it out. That for me is some competition. 

• Like 1

Carlisle had seasoned professionals in their squad and management too. It didn't seem to make much difference to the situation.

No doubt on paper his stats last year mean there is a good player in there. I think he needs to change the entire way he plays his game and for a start he needs to stop making himself a target by trying to look like a bargain basement Grealish with little shorts and rolled down socks. Cut out the histrionics and gestures to officials and crowd. In fact I wonder if all that combined gets to him and he can't handle the stick he gets, but he brings it on himself.

Edited by PV1973

1 hour ago, Doha said:

To be honest, without knowing the context, if I’m giving him some gyp cuz he’s playing crap, then he answers that by producing a moment of magic, or scoring a blinder, then I’d have no problem with him telling me to “hush”.  As I say, I’ve no idea of the actual context in this instance.

In the wider sense, I trust JA to judge the character and ability of any potential signing.  I’ll only make my own judgement when they pull on the shirt, not before.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, rob1983 said:

I thought he played really well against us for Carlise last season.

Wasn't he mouthing off at and arguing with his own teammates during the game at VP last season? (maybe I've got that wrong, and I'm thinking of another player entirely)

[...just had a look at the match thread from that game, and his name cropped up a few times - link]

1 minute ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Wasn't he mouthing off at and arguing with his own teammates during the game at VP last season? (maybe I've got that wrong, and I'm thinking of another player entirely)

[...just had a look at the match thread from that game, and his name cropped up a few times - link]

I thought in that game he started well, but once Gibbo got to grips with him then his game just disintegrated to diving and moaning at the ref, crowd and players.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Carlisle had seasoned professionals in their squad and management too. It didn't seem to make much difference to the situation.

No doubt on paper his stats last year mean there is a good player in there. I think he needs to change the entire way he plays his game and for a start he needs to stop making himself a target by trying to look like a bargain basement Grealish with little shorts and rolled down socks. Cut out the histrionics and gestures to officials and crowd. In fact I wonder if all that combined gets to him and he can't handle the stick he gets, but he brings it on himself.

Well according to a Carlisle fan, their season professionals weren’t up to it. My point is, we have four lads who showed throughout last season they are leaders. This is what McKirdy could potentially need. 

1 hour ago, DistantVale said:

Some ridiculous posts on here, he's a good player get him in ! 

Once signed its up to the manger make him tow the line ,   

I would rather we get a player who will complement the dressing room and do the goods on the field.  If he is a player who disrupts a dressing room then not for us.  We have seen this happen a Vale before where players have come in and been disruptive and affected the dressing room and it also affects players who don't want to see it.

In the management team we can only trust their choice and get the right players in.