The run in is going to be very exciting and is much more than we could have hoped for this time last year. Reviewing the remaining fixtures I'm going to make the bold prediction Vale WILL make the play offs. After yesterdays point, the determination and ability to just 'hang in there' convinces me we now have the mentality to get at least 4 away points needed along with home 5 homes wins to extend the season into May.

Cheltenham -: Fixtures Remaining - Northampton (H) Colchester (A) Vale(H)  Cambridge (A)  Macclesfield (A)  Grimsby (H)  Newport (H)  FGR(A)  Exeter(H)  Swindon(A)  Crawley (H)  Stevenage (A)     Salford (H)   Final Pos 5th  Pts 79  Predicted  Run in Form W6 D4 L3          Cheltenham will play each of the teams in the next 3 games but I expect a solid defence and 2 games in hand on us and Colchester to be enough for them to comfortably make the play offs.

Northampton -: Fixtures Remaining - Cheltenham (A)  Grimsby(A)  Mansfield(H)   FGR(A)   Carlisle(H)   Cambridge(A)   Oldham(H)   Crewe (A)   Colchester(H)   Plymouth(A)   Bradford(H)   Newport (A)     Final Pos 6th Pts 75 Predicted Run in Form W6 D2 L4  A continued fantastic home form will get them over the line despite a run of tough away games most notably at Crewe and Plymouth. 3 points in the final fixture away at Newport on a terrible pitch against a team with nothing to play for will seal it.

Vale  -:Fixtures Remaining - Scunthorpe (H)   Cheltenham (A)   Crawley (H)    Bradford (H)    Oldham (A)   Crewe (H)   Carlisle (A)   Grimsby (H)    Cambridge (A)    Newport (H)    Plymouth (A)                Final Pos 7th Pts 75 Predicted Run in Form W6 D2 L3 Crucial wins at home will give us the points needed even though I expect us to loose several games on the road as we look to play more positive. A play off place will be sealed in the last home game of the season.

Colchester-:Fixtures Remaining -  Cheltenham(H)   Carlisle(A)    Scunthorpe (H)    Crewe (H)     Newport (A)     Mansfield (H)     Bradford (A)    Northampton (A)    Oldham (H)     Walsall (A)      FGR (H)                      Final Pos 8th Pts 74 Predicted Run in Form W5 D4 L2 Too many draws in the final 5 games will cost them a play off place.

Its going to be nip and tuck until the end of the season but please we need all fans to get behind the players (even when they are having a bad game) for one final push.. we can really do it !!!

Top tip - : Don't book any holidays in May!!!!

• Like 6

39 minutes ago, MBE said:

The run in is going to be very exciting and is much more than we could have hoped for this time last year. Reviewing the remaining fixtures I'm going to make the bold prediction Vale WILL make the play offs. After yesterdays point, the determination and ability to just 'hang in there' convinces me we now have the mentality to get at least 4 away points needed along with home 5 homes wins to extend the season into May.

Cheltenham -: Fixtures Remaining - Northampton (H) Colchester (A) Vale(H)  Cambridge (A)  Macclesfield (A)  Grimsby (H)  Newport (H)  FGR(A)  Exeter(H)  Swindon(A)  Crawley (H)  Stevenage (A)     Salford (H)   Final Pos 5th  Pts 79  Predicted  Run in Form W6 D4 L3          Cheltenham will play each of the teams in the next 3 games but I expect a solid defence and 2 games in hand on us and Colchester to be enough for them to comfortably make the play offs.

Northampton -: Fixtures Remaining - Cheltenham (A)  Grimsby(A)  Mansfield(H)   FGR(A)   Carlisle(H)   Cambridge(A)   Oldham(H)   Crewe (A)   Colchester(H)   Plymouth(A)   Bradford(H)   Newport (A)     Final Pos 6th Pts 75 Predicted Run in Form W6 D2 L4  A continued fantastic home form will get them over the line despite a run of tough away games most notably at Crewe and Plymouth. 3 points in the final fixture away at Newport on a terrible pitch against a team with nothing to play for will seal it.

Vale  -:Fixtures Remaining - Scunthorpe (H)   Cheltenham (A)   Crawley (H)    Bradford (H)    Oldham (A)   Crewe (H)   Carlisle (A)   Grimsby (H)    Cambridge (A)    Newport (H)    Plymouth (A)                Final Pos 7th Pts 75 Predicted Run in Form W6 D2 L3 Crucial wins at home will give us the points needed even though I expect us to loose several games on the road as we look to play more positive. A play off place will be sealed in the last home game of the season.

Colchester-:Fixtures Remaining -  Cheltenham(H)   Carlisle(A)    Scunthorpe (H)    Crewe (H)     Newport (A)     Mansfield (H)     Bradford (A)    Northampton (A)    Oldham (H)     Walsall (A)      FGR (H)                      Final Pos 8th Pts 74 Predicted Run in Form W5 D4 L2 Too many draws in the final 5 games will cost them a play off place.

Its going to be nip and tuck until the end of the season but please we need all fans to get behind the players (even when they are having a bad game) for one final push.. we can really do it !!!

Imo, our toughest games are Cheltenham away, Railway children ,home and Plymouth away.if we could get 4 points from those 3, 5 points would be fantastic, then we should do it.

Scunthorpe  (H ): 3pts

Cheltenham (A) : 1pt

Crawley (H) : 3pts

Bradford (H) : 3pts

Oldham ( A) : 3pts

Crewe ( H) : 1 pt. 

Carlisle ( A) : 1 pt

Grimsby ( H)  : 3pts

Cambridge ( A) : 0 pts 

Newport ( H) : 3 pts 

Plymouth ( A) : 0 pts

76 pts . Don’t think we’ll get anything at Plymouth, and Cambridge are in very good form right now. Still that may be enough. It’s going to be a very interesting finish to the season . Isn’t it great though? 
What a change from last season. UTV 

• Like 2

the teams that finish 6th and 7th will lose more games between now and the end of the season than those that finish 8th and 9th. It'll be the draws that decide it. 

10 hours ago, Houston Valiant said:

Scunthorpe  (H ): 3pts

Cheltenham (A) : 1pt

Crawley (H) : 3pts

Bradford (H) : 3pts

Oldham ( A) : 3pts

Crewe ( H) : 1 pt. 

Carlisle ( A) : 1 pt

Grimsby ( H)  : 3pts

Cambridge ( A) : 0 pts 

Newport ( H) : 3 pts 

Plymouth ( A) : 0 pts

76 pts . Don’t think we’ll get anything at Plymouth, and Cambridge are in very good form right now. Still that may be enough. It’s going to be a very interesting finish to the season . Isn’t it great though? 
What a change from last season. UTV 

Be great if we could - but I wonder if its possible to not be beaten at home in our remaining fixtures. Just one defeat at home all season is a hell of an ask 

• Like 1

Not beyond the realms of possibility. Providing we keep up the performance level, Crewe is the only fixture I'm slightly worried about in terms of a loss. No reason we can't challenge the best home form I've ever seen us in, 03/04 (W15 D6 L2).

17 hours ago, MBE said:

Totally agree I think we can do it even when we do not play well we hang in there like you say ,and I thought last sat when the crowd were getting annoyed immensely with the homer ref the noise volume went through the roof so the players may have a massive part play naturally ,but so do the supporters they can make a difference .

Id be aiming to win every game and if we come short on a few it will not matter .

We have goals throughout our team not a statistician by any means but every player in the 17 bar the goalkeepers has scored so let’s give it a go and see what occurs .

UTV 

• Like 1

Whether or not we make the playoffs I'm sure we won't win all our home games. Tight league and a tight finish.

4 minutes ago, JRC said:

Whether or not we make the playoffs I'm sure we won't win all our home games. Tight league and a tight finish.

Very tight league. If we lose another home game , it could be Crewe or even Bradford. 
That away game against Cambridge will be very tough . They’re flying at the moment. 

19 hours ago, MBE said:

can recommend looe as a base camp for Plymouth nice long w/e on proper job ale

• Like 1

The home games aren’t too bad on paper,

Scunthorpe are struggling and haven’t won away since NYD

Crawley are going along ok but mid table nothing to play for

Bradford falling like a stone and haven’t won away since October

Crewe is tough but we’ve seemed to have their number

Grimsby in form but by then a dead rubber for them

Newport are not in great form

Away is a bit tougher but not too bad

Cheltenham Are winning at home most games but we have won there this season so a positive

Oldham are struggling

Carlisle are struggling

Cambridge are flying, be tough but may be on the beach by then

Plymouth Uber tough, they might need the win to go up... on the flip side if they are already up or in play offs with no chance of auto they may rest players for the play off games.

It’s there for the taking if we perform but it’s getting over our struggles against mid table sides.

Only three games left against sides above us.

2 hours ago, valefan16 said:

So another 9 points and the double over Crewe😁

Looking at the table, our goal difference might end up being a major stumbling block if things stay this close.

We have a decent set of fixtures left to play but we must improve our results against mid/lower table sides.

Can’t see us winning all our home games to be honest.  I think we need a minimum of 7 points from the away fixtures, ideally with some of these coming from the Cheltenham game.

There’ll be twists and turns that’s for sure.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, valefan16 said:

The home games aren’t too bad on paper,

Scunthorpe are struggling and haven’t won away since NYD

Crawley are going along ok but mid table nothing to play for

Bradford falling like a stone and haven’t won away since October

Crewe is tough but we’ve seemed to have their number

Grimsby in form but by then a dead rubber for them

Newport are not in great form

Away is a bit tougher but not too bad

Cheltenham Are winning at home most games but we have won there this season so a positive

Oldham are struggling

Carlisle are struggling

Cambridge are flying, be tough but may be on the beach by then

Plymouth Uber tough, they might need the win to go up... on the flip side if they are already up or in play offs with no chance of auto they may rest players for the play off games.

It’s there for the taking if we perform but it’s getting over our struggles against mid table sides.

Not a daft suggestion that it could be a Vale v Plymouth play off either , could play them 3 times in about 10 days. Only a COULD. Lot of water under the bridge before then, but i don't see us above 6th or 7th and get a feeling that they could miss out on automatics.

Not a daft suggestion that it could be a Vale v Plymouth play off either , could play them 3 times in about 10 days. Only a COULD. Lot of water under the bridge before then, but i don't see us above 6th or 7th and get a feeling that they could miss out on automatics.

Or a humdinger against Crewe imagine that!

Also unwise to rule Bradford out, little over a fortnight ago we were 7 points behind Northampton and about to kick off away to them. 3 wins for us and 3 losses for them prior to Walsall. 

Bradford can't be ruled out but admittedly their run in is possibly the worst of everybody ( on paper ) 

I think it might come down to what we do away. The home form has been great all season and so long as we maintain that we won’t be a million miles off. Just need a win or 2 away probs.

But the fact we go into the final 2 months of the season in such a good position is great. Don’t think there’s too much pressure on us because of the turnaround from last year. That might just help us too.

I think we may just miss out marginally but that’s just because as a Vale fan you tend to expect the worst but I hope I’m proved wrong.

On 24/02/2020 at 16:38, geoff1 said:

can recommend looe as a base camp for Plymouth nice long w/e on proper job ale

Looe is one of , if not THE, nicest place in Cornwall.  Very old pub on the quite side of the river, The Jolly Sailor, try it.

However , check the weather first, Looe is also the most flooded town in the UK I believe!  As Geoff says, ideal for the match.

• Thanks 1