28 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Cheltenham 2 Northampton 1 tonight. A decent result for Vale. 

A draw would have been better but we have to get the points ourselves regardless of others.

Well if you look at the top five it looks like they have flown the nest so only two PO places up for grabs, with four teams chasing these places. The league doesn’t lie at this stage of the season, however some teams will have a blip, then it’s a matter of how quickly they can turn this around. They could have injuries or suspensions to key players, I’m hoping all our suspensions are over now. The exception to this will be TP for the tweeting posts, which is dragging on and not being dealt with in an expeditious manner, which isn’t ideal.

We just need to concentrate on our own games and forget about the others. I’d imagine the Plymouth’s fate will be sorted before we play them, so if we are still in with a chance of PO position, I wonder what level of support we’d take to Plymouth.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Playa Amodores said:

Well if you look at the top five it looks like they have flown the nest so only two PO places up for grabs, with four teams chasing these places. The league doesn’t lie at this stage of the season, however some teams will have a blip, then it’s a matter of how quickly they can turn this around. They could have injuries or suspensions to key players, I’m hoping all our suspensions are over now. The exception to this will be TP for the tweeting posts, which is dragging on and not being dealt with in an expeditious manner, which isn’t ideal.

We just need to concentrate on our own games and forget about the others. I’d imagine the Plymouth’s fate will be sorted before we play them, so if we are still in with a chance of PO position, I wonder what level of support we’d take to Plymouth.

Bradford are going to have to turn their form around very quickly to be in with a shout. I think we are looking at 2 from 3. I also think Northampton will be the ones to miss out. They have an awful run in. 

Edited by cheshirevaliant

12 minutes ago, cheshirevaliant said:

Bradford are going to have to turn their form around very quickly to be in with a shout. I think we are looking at 2 from 3. I also think Northampton will be the ones to miss out. They have an awful run in. 

I've not looked at any recent form guides but it seems to me that Northampton have been slipping up and dropping points a fair bit recently, similar to Bradford, so if they also have a bad run-in you could be right.

54 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Is Legge 1 yellow card away from a 2 match ban, or has the deadline for reaching 10 yellows passed now?

I think it's this weekend, so he has one game to go but I'm not 100% certain of that.

2 hours ago, Playa Amodores said:

Could the FA be delaying their investigation/announcement to see if we make the playoffs so that they can ensure that Tom is well and truly punished by missing the playoff final should we make it.

Two straight defeats, a poor Easter programme, a freak result at home to Stevenage... all of these things are easily done when the pressure is on.

I don’t think the top five are set in stone however I do think that Cheltenham are running their own race very well and could be a dark horse to move into the automatic places late in the day. With their defensive record they ought to be higher than they are. 

For some reason I have a funny feeling Exeter might blow it. 

11 games left 33 points play for play like did v Walsall second half for 30 mins 15 points max as not anywhere near good enough ,play like did sat with crowd getting-more and more louder with encouragement when Tom Pope entered the fray (73 mins I believe ) 25 to 28 points .

Go for it Vale I expect the home games the fans be really fired up .

Away followings may hamper us as not many will travel to Carlisle ,Cheltenham etc so will have to self motivate themselves for them games .

Oldhams a interesting one as Stoke  playing Wigan Away same day so I’d expect Vale will be all going that one on train which is irrelevant really just a few Stoke lads at work getting excited about that and think it’s going be like Green Street .

Everything to gain in a decent position at present and with 3 of the next four at home then let’s see how much the players and fans want it 

UTV 

Couldnt really care less what other teams do it’s what’s we do what counts 

Edited by Vale fan in Alsager
Spelling mistakes

3 hours ago, Jacko51 said:

I think Legge is only on 8 yellows but Joyce is on 9.

Soccerbase has Legge on 9 (all in League games), and Joyce on 10 (9 League & 1 FA Cup).

With Brisley now out we really need Legge to avoid another yellow before the deadline for 2 match bans.

16 minutes ago, The Kalamazoo Kid said:

Soccerbase has Legge on 9 (all in League games), and Joyce on 10 (9 League & 1 FA Cup).

With Brisley now out we really need Legge to avoid another yellow before the deadline for 2 match bans.

Soccerway has him on just eight bookings

The Shunters can do us a big favour.  They still have to play Colchester (A), Northampton (H) and Bradford (A) as well as ourselves.

It looks like just 6th and 7th spots to play for now.

Lots of our play off rivals will be taking points off each other.  Of these;

Colchester have yet to play Crewe (H), Bradford (A) and Northampton (A).

Northampton have an horrendous consecutive sequence of Crewe (A), Colchester (H), Plymouth (A) and Bradford (H).

Bradford have ourselves, Exeter (A), Colchester (H), Crewe (H) and Northampton (A).

All the above obviously interspersed with some “easier” fixtures.

• Thanks 1