osprey

Media guy leaving

Will be a big miss, raised the profile of the club no end.maybe one of his understudy’s will step up to take his place.

incidently, my niece has just landed the same job at Man U.

10 minutes ago, Conrad said:

I hope you've disowned her!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, old sage said:

He is going to be a big loss and a hard person to replace but if anyone can the Shanahans can!

from what ive seen there must be about 4 media staff, so you would expect one of those to take the managers role wouldnt you? and continue the good work that they all do along with max who gets all the plaudits.

Edited by sandyford_valiant

He has done brilliantly well. I enjoy the ' Super Vale Away' feature. This is far better than anything we ever had during the glorious 90's with those two spazmatics in charge who were an absulte embarrassment. Cheers Max.

Really going be missed, everything he’s done for the club has been a positive, be very hard to replace somebody that good, wish all the best for the future.

14 hours ago, Conrad said:

Will be a big miss, raised the profile of the club no end.maybe one of his understudy’s will step up to take his place.

If only she had waited , she could have landed the bigger job at the Vale 😁

The club have also renewed their partnership with Blink Creative who have helped with things like the design of the club graphics, kit launches etc. While Max will undoubtedly be hard to replace it's good to see them continue with Blink and it should that the owners clearly want the club to come across in a professional, consistent way. It's such a refreshing change from previous regimes who seemed to regard marketing, media and PR as an expensive irrelevance and tried to spend as little as possible on it.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, sandyford_valiant said:

from what ive seen there must be about 4 media staff, so you would expect one of those to take the managers role wouldnt you? and continue the good work that they all do along with max who gets all the plaudits.

Actually Max is the only media staff, others are students who help out on a matchday! 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, PVFC123 said:

Really going be missed, everything he’s done for the club has been a positive, be very hard to replace somebody that good, wish all the best for the future.

Pity he was not a player under contract, could have commanded a good fee.😏😊, good luck Max. Hope you progress to the highest level. 

9 hours ago, Phil said:

Actually Max is the only media staff, others are students who help out on a matchday! 

so theres still about 4 media staff then? on matchday only. thanks for clearing that one up phil. Maybe one of those will be offered the role then.

Top lad. Hope SVA content continues. Love the behind the scenes stuff that goes on line 24 hrs after the event. Love the post match goss...please keep this up and then some. Good luck Max...SVA till I die

He's done a really good job. Even if the weirdo doesn't like chips and gravy. All the best Max and thanks for your efforts.

One thing Max is always keen to point on is that although he is involved in the filming and production of the Super Vale Away videos, the main architect of those vids is a lad called Elliot Barnard (@ebmedia_) on Twitter. A young lad I think Max recruited who makes top-drawer videos.

Fully agree though, the club's social media content (Twitter engagement, podcasts, Youtube) has skyrocketed since Max's introduction. Almost feel a tad sorry for his replacement; not only will they have to be talented with media, they'll need to try and replicate Max's genuine attachment to the club if they want to be as liked as he was.

Edited by Joe B