January transfer window

• Replies 931
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Struggle to see why so many appear so keen to replace Monty.  He’s having a great season

I say hold on to the investment until summer. Better quality players available and more of them. Equally the club must remain sensible on the money front. These owners know what they are doing. More i

Another stat for those who inexplicably think that we are rubbish and Askey should be replaced (I struggle to not laugh when I type that) We have scored in 24 games so far in the 1029/20 season.

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Alchemist said:

No wind up,  Norman  would be getting slated. We were promised all monies would be reinvested, were we not?

Have you not read all the quotes from the manager and his assistant over the last week saying that we wouldn't bring people in just for the sake of it?! Keeping Taylor was by far the best bit of business it was possible for us to do this window, and Clark was a bonus.

Either you're just on a wind up or you play too much Football Manager.

18 minutes ago, Alchemist said:

No wind up,  Norman  would be getting slated. We were promised all monies would be reinvested, were we not?

We were but it was never stated when it would be reinvested. It was always made pretty clear right players at the right price.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Alchemist said:

Where’s the promised reinvestment in the squad? Are we spending it on new seats for a charity concert? If Norman had done this everybody would be after his head. Nothing changes 

Hmmm.

First ever post by this user and its pro Smurthwaite.

You're on the wine a bit early tonight aren't your Norman?

No point wasting money on players that are not likely to improve the team. Unless we can get a decent signing in, I would keep the money until the summer, when better value and greater choice is on offer. Last season we signed a lot in January and they hardly played. No point wasting money on rubbish just to keep a few fans happy. January is only a good time to buy if you are a mega rich premier league team who can afford to throw millions at it.

24 minutes ago, TylerB said:

Have you not read all the quotes from the manager and his assistant over the last week saying that we wouldn't bring people in just for the sake of it?! Keeping Taylor was by far the best bit of business it was possible for us to do this window, and Clark was a bonus.

Either you're just on a wind up or you play too much Football Manager.

Please Tyler... Please can we just not quote this one.

Please! 

• Haha 1

I’m pretty content with our business and where we are. No point blowing money for the sake of it if we can say use it on wages to get good free agents in the summer for example and put it to keeping key players who are out of contract.

Rumours Worrall has penned a two year deal... if true that would be the best deadline present!

6 minutes ago, valefan16 said:

Rumours Worrall has penned a two year deal... if true that would be the best deadline present!

That would be fantastic news.

Not particularly surprising though, as he seems to absolutely love it at Vale. He celebrated one of the goals on Tuesday with the ball boys!

That would be fantastic news.
Not particularly surprising though, as he seems to absolutely love it at Vale. He celebrated one of the goals on Tuesday with the ball boys!

No idea how true but a few mentions on social media and Bowers news wasn’t a new signing judging by his responses tonight.

This transfer window couldn’t have gone any better in my opinion. We haven’t lost anybody who is significant, but we have managed to re-sign Clark and Taylor. Two players who add healthy competition to an already competitive squad. Anybody who is disappointed by this transfer window needs their head wobbling. Don’t get me wrong, I would have loved another forward, but at the same time I’d rather us not pay extortionate prices. Wait until the summer to add quality rather than quantity in January. In Carol and John we trust! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Portvale4 said:

This transfer window couldn’t have gone any better in my opinion. We haven’t lost anybody who is significant, but we have managed to re-sign Clark and Taylor. Two players who add healthy competition to an already competitive squad. Anybody who is disappointed by this transfer window needs their head wobbling. Don’t get me wrong, I would have loved another forward, but at the same time I’d rather us not pay extortionate prices. Wait until the summer to add quality rather than quantity in January. In Carol and John we trust! 

To be fair we were never going to get the forward we want in this window. Not even the slightest chance. He frustrates me at times but there's a player in there somewhere in Richie Bennett, while Pope will always score goals if you give him the right service. But for me Pope is now a horses for courses type player. Cullen also hasn't let himself down when he's played to be fair and I think would be different gravy with a run of games. Whether he can get them though is another thing.

• Like 1